Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

Just now, frecossais said:

Not the only statement like that on FF. They majority of them don't want to stay in Scottish football. Their Nirvana is to play in Engurland as one of their reasons is that the are loyal to the queen????

They don't like the Scottish league because they are not top dogs

Sure, but again, you are simply drinking from a well that you know is tainted. Then going, "hey, guys, this water tastes funny".

4 hours ago, bennett said:

I was thinking along your lines to start with but it could be conceived as keeping on voting until the right result is voted for.

They're going to have to make some sort of decision at some point. If there is no vote (or Board decision), then we eventually end up in limbo, where the 2019/20 season is finished because we've reached the normal end date, and yet it's not finished because the games haven't been completed. If there's not a decision to either extend it or to call it a day then we're stuck.

37 minutes ago, bennett said:

Dundee did vote. 

Unless we hear otherwise, I tend to go with the theory that Dundee emailed their vote, it wasn’t received at the other end , or wasn’t sent correctly, Dundee learnt that they now have bargaining power which is why they didn’t resend. So this may end up with Rangers getting what they want. But honestly, I never thought that the day would come when I agree with a Rangers statement, but I do. As I’ve already said elsewhere, the most ridiculous thing about it all is telling everyone the result of a vote before everyone has voted and the deadline not passed. Unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Unless we hear otherwise, I tend to go with the theory that Dundee emailed their vote, it wasn’t received at the other end , or wasn’t sent correctly, Dundee learnt that they now have bargaining power which is why they didn’t resend. So this may end up with Rangers getting what they want. But honestly, I never thought that the day would come when I agree with a Rangers statement, but I do. As I’ve already said elsewhere, the most ridiculous thing about it all is telling everyone the result of a vote before everyone has voted and the deadline not passed. Unbelievable.

Many a good tune played on an old fiddle, mate.  A tenner for Platinum allows you to change you name to The Kingjoey and you know you'd be given a warm welcome over on the Sevco Glasgow threads - which you're very familiar with.

6 hours ago, ali_91 said:

What is your preferred option here? 

As far as I can see there’s three either on the table, or that might come on the table:

1 - This current option.

2 - Play to a finish when we can. Worry about next season later on. 

3 - Revamp the league system to mean no relegations. Assume this would be in conjuncture with option 1, meaning Celtic are champions. 

No agenda here, just wondering what it is you want to happen? Option 2 looks extremely unlikely, the current uncertainty means we could be rolling in to late summer before a ball is kicked.

Would you for instance want Hearts to accept option 1 if option 3 came alongside it? Surely Celtic being rewarded goes against the arguments against Hearts being punished? 

Options 1 and 3 were Dundee's own separate proposal, give the titles and prize money but cancel relegation and promotion. Technically not null and voiding the season.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Unless we hear otherwise, I tend to go with the theory that Dundee emailed their vote, it wasn’t received at the other end , or wasn’t sent correctly, Dundee learnt that they now have bargaining power which is why they didn’t resend. 

I think there was something mentioned in those Whatsapp screenshots about converting something to a PDF file and that possibly being the reason it wasn’t received. 

Ive not been keeping up with the story, only read about it on this forum (and I still can’t make heads nor tails of it), but if the SPFL have set a provisional date of July 22nd for football to resume, if possible, is there not a way where they can forward some money to clubs in most need of it, finish the season and then pay out the remaining prize money then? Maybe I’m underestimating how dire the situation is for most clubs. For next season, surely it would be possible for the Premiership to only play 2 rounds before the split, and for the rest of the leagues to play 3 rounds of games? It would free up the best part of 10 weeks. Obviously it’s not ideal for anyone, but this isn’t a situation that anyone foreseen happening and is most likely not going to happen again in our lifetimes. 

It's been mentiioned on the Championship forum - the role of Kheredine Idessane in this.

He was tweeting regards the votes just after the deadline - Gardiner feeding him every detail? Or just the details that Gardiner wanted him to see?

Still think there's a lot more to come.

1 hour ago, Silvio said:

Quick question from a late comer - if prize money is paid out, does that take null and void OFF the table? 

It's been made fairly clear it's the one option which will never happen.

RG Masterplan.

Current season - End as is, money handed out by current position but no relegation or promotion.

Agree to reconstruction in Summer 2021, top flight to be expanded to 16 teams (44 games, split after 30, two relegation spots). Betfred Cup reverts back to straight knockout to cut down on games, Challenge Cup scrapped. 

Lower tiers reconstructed to be expanded from 10, not sure best set up yet but ideally you add in Highland/Lowland League winners automatically. 

Season 2020/21 played under current league set up, but with every team aware of the impending reconstruction so know what they're playing for.

Feel like that might get backed. Middling teams in top flight get the safety of 4 teams being added, but no more relegation spots coming in. Prize money would be the issue.

Being reported that sky won't be asking the epl to refund money paid to it. With the smaller sums involved with us and sky, it surely won't be that big an issue?

Sky Sports will not demand to be repaid the £371 million they are owed by the Premier League if the season is cancelled.

Talks are ongoing between the broadcaster and the Premier League to find alternative way to make good any lost value in a worst-case scenario

Although the most-favoured option among clubs and broadcasters is to restart the season and then play to a conclusion, there remains a fear that it might never restart, an outcome which the Premier League have calculated would cost them £762m in TV income that would have to be repaid.

But the talks between Sky and the Premier League have indicated that almost half of the £762m exposure is not at risk.

The figure of £762m was the figure the Premier League calculated would be owed to Sky, BT and overseas broadcasters in the event of the season being voided and was the figure presented to players when asking them to take a 30 per cent pay cut.

Apart from Sky's £371m, another £341m would have to be paid back to overseas broadcasters — but it is understood that though there are some companies who would demand the money back, many have indicated a willingness to negotiate a settlement.

It is hoped that relationships with long-standing overseas broadcasters mean that, in a worst-case scenario, the Premier League would only have to repay at most £150m

Perfected it IMO.

RG Master Plan

Current season - End as is, prize money handed out by position. No promotion or relegation.

2020/21 season played in current format.

Reconstruction agreed for season 2021/22.

Top flight expanded to 16. 44 game season involving split after 30. Top 4 from 2020/21 Championship season added.

Two relegation spots from then on in. Both automatic. 

Tier Two expanded to 16. 9 teams from 2020/21 League One added. Team 10 is 2020/21 League Two champions. Same set up with 44 game season. Top two promoted automatically. Bottom two relegated. 

Tier 3 expanded to 12 sides. Play each other 4 times. 9 from 2020/21 League Two. Team 10 is 10th place from 2020/21 League One table. Team 11/12 are 2020/21 Highland/Lowland League winners.

Challenge Cup scrapped. Betfred Cup reverts back to straight knockout format. Lower tier clubs gain later access to Scottish Cup. This is an attempt to cut down on games.

207644465_tenor(24).gif.faebd91fff67306ac51d3e3d364595a0.gif

Edited by RandomGuy.

A perfectly reasonable scenario for teams with nothing to play for. Play the boys, gets them 1st team experience while saving the club a wedge in troubled financial times but giving an unfair advantage to the teams they still have to play. Players cannot be held to ransom, they have contracts for a reason. Saying players will agree extensions as they will have no option seems to assume Scottish football will restart but no one else will, that is nonsense. UEFA or FIFA will need to make a binding call on the contract situation but I doubt that will result in players being forced to extend expired contracts thus a restart would not happen on a level playing field. Every option is fraught with glaring issues.

What if the old club no longer wish to re hire and pay for the player as they have nothing to play for? Who pays the player then?

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

A perfectly reasonable scenario for teams with nothing to play for. Play the boys, gets them 1st team experience while saving the club a wedge in troubled financial times but giving an unfair advantage to the teams they still have to play. Players cannot be held to ransom, they have contracts for a reason. Saying players will agree extensions as they will have no option seems to assume Scottish football will restart but no one else will, that is nonsense. UEFA or FIFA will need to make a binding call on the contract situation but I doubt that will result in players being forced to extend expired contracts thus a restart would not happen on a level playing field. Every option is fraught with glaring issues.

Paragraphs and spacing young Sir.