Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

3 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I still can't see traction towards restructuring- certainly not at Premiership level - self interest will come to the fore and what incentive is there for certain clubs to do it. 

This. I cant see more than 3 clubs voting against it in the top flight.

Rangers and Hearts obviously, but who else?

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Here is how to resolve this.

No Winners No losers. No Champions. No Relegations No Trophies.

Premiership 2020/21 Increase to 13 teams, with Dundee United joining PL. Play 24,  Split 6/7,  Play 10/12.  13th and 12th relegated, 11th Playoffs Season, 2021/22 12 Teams. 

Championship 2020/21 Increase to 14 teams with Raith Falkirk Airdrie Montrose East Fife joining Championship.  Play 26,  Split 7/7, Play 12.  1st Promoted 2nd 3rd Playoffs.  14th and 13th relegated, 12th Playoffs. Season 2021/22 14 Teams

Div1/Div2 Increase to 18 teams with Brora Kelty Bonnyrigg joining the extended Div 1. Play 34 no split. 1st Promoted, 2nd 3rd Playoffs. 17th 18th relegated, 16th Playoffs. Season 2021/22 18 Teams.

No League Cup or Tunnocks Cup 2020/21. 

Free weeks here and there, not a problem.

Why should teams in the promotion playoffs in League 1 get a free pass at promotion but 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the Championship miss out?

My Team: Falkirk

AHHHHHHHH. I see. 

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This. I cant see more than 3 clubs voting against it in the top flight.

Rangers and Hearts obviously, but who else?

Hibs possibly, given they'd lose a place and prize money to St. Johnstone on average points per game

Aberdeen possibly as they might still think they could get 3rd.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Hibs possibly, given they'd lose a place and prize money to St. Johnstone on average points per game

Aberdeen possibly as they might still think they could get 3rd.

Doubt it.

Hibs would save Hearts by voting against it, but a five figure sum.

Aberdeen will get 4th and Europe if the Scottish Cup isnt played to finish before Europe 20/21 begins.

You need 4 top flight clubs to vote against it for it to fail. Only ones are Hearts and Rangers, even if you include Aberdeen it's not enough.

Most clubs will just want the money, and the  ability to know exactly where they stand before players contracts expire.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Doubt it.

Hibs would save Hearts by voting against it, but a five figure sum.

Aberdeen will get 4th and Europe if the Scottish Cup isnt played to finish before Europe 20/21 begins.

You need 4 top flight clubs to vote against it for it to fail. Only ones are Hearts and Rangers, even if you include Aberdeen it's not enough.

Most clubs will just want the money, and the  ability to know exactly where they stand before players contracts expire.

I'd even argue that Hearts in the top flight would be in Hibs' best interest financially. So there's 2 reasons for them to vote against it.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I'd even argue that Hearts in the top flight would be in Hibs' best interest financially. So there's 2 reasons for them to vote against it.

Theres not a single chance Hibs are voting for something that saves Hearts from relegation. They've got investors promising to pump in millions, so I doubt losing 2 derby games a season, at best, is a huge factor.

There isn’t a Hibs fan alive that gives a f**k about 6th.

The club itself would probably rather keep that £150k and Edinburgh derbies. Voting for it probably wouldn’t go down well though. It wouldn’t take many VLs and Hibs da’s not buying a season ticket to make it a bad financial decision.

2 hours ago, flyingscot said:

I still can't see traction towards restructuring- certainly not at Premiership level - self interest will come to the fore and what incentive is there for certain clubs to do it. 

I'm not sure. Take Hamilton, for example. If they grew the premiership to 16 teams, with 2 automatic relegation and 1 playoff spot, that would leave St. Mirren, Ross County, Ourselves, Ayr, Inverness, probably Dundee and a random club who have a shocker battling for those spots.

Contrast that to the current set up, even swapping Hearts with Dundee United. The statue quo actually makes it harder for a club like ours to stay up again next season (i'm going on the assumption the current season is done).

At the same time, removing those sides from the Championship makes getting back up more realistic.

It would be a fantastic set up for clubs like Hamilton Accies.

Scotland does not need 4 divisions.

Edited by Todd_is_God

38 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm not sure. Take Hamilton, for example. If they grew the premiership to 16 teams, with 2 automatic relegation and 1 playoff spot, that would leave St. Mirren, Ross County, Ourselves, Ayr, Inverness, probably Dundee and a random club who have a shocker battling for those spots.

Contrast that to the current set up, even swapping Hearts with Dundee United. The statue quo actually makes it harder for a club like ours to stay up again next season (i'm going on the assumption the current season is done).

At the same time, removing those sides from the Championship makes getting back up more realistic.

It would be a fantastic set up for clubs like Hamilton Accies.

Scotland does not need 4 divisions.

I could think of nothing worse than spending decades mumbling about 8th-11th.

Give me a relegation and title fight thereafter any day.

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

Is this achievement by Sir Tommy greater than winning the cup?

Possibly.  Bottom of the league with St Mirren fans becoming the new Dees and jizzing themselves far too early, only for the Super Saints to stroll into the top six. Try again next year lads, or maybe the decade after.

Aberdeen  boss Derek McInnes has called on the SPFL to delay their final decision on the season and give teams a chance to finish on the pitch.

Under the current plans, if the Premiership season was to end and be decided on a points per game average, Aberdeen would sit fourth in the table behind Motherwell.

ADVERTISING

Just fucking relegate Hearts and promote United. We aren't finishing this league and all the self interest from some clubs is just pathetic. This decision should have been taken weeks ago.

Just fucking relegate Hearts and promote United. We aren't finishing this league and all the self interest from some clubs is just pathetic. This decision should have been taken weeks ago.
"Weeks ago"?! We were still playing four weeks ago.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
19 minutes ago, Ric said:

"Weeks ago"?! We were still playing four weeks ago.

And we the league was postponed "weeks ago", I fail to see the issue here.