Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

Former SPL chief has say, do the PnB celtic fans agree with him?

Here is what celtic should do? For the ultimate bragging rights. Ask for “null and void” themselves. And offer clubs soft loans in scotland to get them thru. Even to Rangers. Why? Coz we”ll still get TIAR, and we’ll also have eternal glory and moral high ground. No whitabootery

As a football club I certainly hope we won’t even countenance playing games from this campaign after the 31st of May.

We have contracts of several important players expiring then and that should be that.

Either void the whole thing or declare the table final. As much as I’d love to see Hearts relegated, voiding is much the better option.

We can’t be relegating and promoting teams and awarding titles on the basis of probability.

As a football club I certainly hope we won’t even countenance playing games from this campaign after the 31st of May.

We have contracts of several important players expiring then and that should be that.

Either void the whole thing or declare the table final. As much as I’d love to see Hearts relegated, voiding is much the better option.

We can’t be relegating and promoting teams and awarding titles on the basis of probability.
Voiding wont happen as TV won't pay out. We either continue or last positions are the final ones.

9 hours ago, Lex said:

If a horse is 20 lengths clear coming to the last fence it does not get declared the winner till it passes the winning post. Remember the horse that jumped a shadow in the Grand National who would have thought it would not win the race.

Until it is mathematically impossible for a team to be caught or able to catch the team above them nothing can be decided. As unlikely as it is teams do hit bad spells remember Newcastle and Hibs from a few seasons back.

I know a lot of people won’t like it but and there is no ideal solution but voiding the season seems the only sporting option.

Also all this talk about football and sport in general beginning in June/July until we get a vaccine for this virus life is going to be very different and on a personal level people in general are going to have a lot more important things worry about than sport.

18 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

If a horse is 20 lengths clear coming to the last fence it does not get declared the winner till it passes the winning post. Remember the horse that jumped a shadow in the Grand National who would have thought it would not win the race.

Until it is mathematically impossible for a team to be caught or able to catch the team above them nothing can be decided. As unlikely as it is teams do hit bad spells remember Newcastle and Hibs from a few seasons back.

I know a lot of people won’t like it but and there is no ideal solution but voiding the season seems the only sporting option.

Also all this talk about football and sport in general beginning in June/July until we get a vaccine for this virus life is going to be very different and on a personal level people in general are going to have a lot more important things worry about than sport.

You’ve nicked that horse racing comparison from elsewhere. So I’ll nick the response from elsewhere, it’s not horse racing we’re talking about it’s football.

You could counter your argument pretty easily by using F1 Motor Racing. If a race is abandoned for any reason, the result as at the abandonment  stands.

10 hours ago, NorthBank said:
10 hours ago, Lex said:

Voiding wont happen as TV won't pay out. We either continue or last positions are the final ones.

TV companies will want to keep public  opinion favourable, I don't think they'll be too hard to deal with as the loss of sport will Al's be hurting them.

Personally I'd rather the see the games played, even if that means a shorter following season. If they can't be played then I don't see how we can decide on league placings for winners, losers and euro places etc....  

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

TV companies will want to keep public  opinion favourable, I don't think they'll be too hard to deal with as the loss of sport will Al's be hurting them.

Personally I'd rather the see the games played, even if that means a shorter following season. If they can't be played then I don't see how we can decide on league placings for winners, losers and euro places etc....  

Agreed.

Finish this season and truncate next as necessary.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

You’ve nicked that horse racing comparison from elsewhere. So I’ll nick the response from elsewhere, it’s not horse racing we’re talking about it’s football.

You could counter your argument pretty easily by using F1 Motor Racing. If a race is abandoned for any reason, the result as at the abandonment  stands.

Your F1 comparison is correct BUT it’s in the rules the drivers know what will happen before the race starts. Do not know what they would do regarding overall champion if only 10 points between top 2 drivers and still 4 races left and they are abandoned.

Remember super Sunday when Celtic only needed  a draw at Fir Park and we all know how that ended  ….                      sport is unpredictable  !!!!!

Lets all get into the real world here have you heard the latest prediction from the medical people this lockdown could last until June and then the restrictions lifted slowly over the coming months.

Any kind of sport is not going to be starting soon if at all. People’s priorities are or should be 

Still breathing at the end of this

Being able to put food on the table

Still having a roof over your head

NOT WHOSE GOING TO WIN A LEAGUE OR BE RELEGATED

56 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Your F1 comparison is correct BUT it’s in the rules the drivers know what will happen before the race starts. Do not know what they would do regarding overall champion if only 10 points between top 2 drivers and still 4 races left and they are abandoned.

Remember super Sunday when Celtic only needed  a draw at Fir Park and we all know how that ended  ….                      sport is unpredictable  !!!!!

Lets all get into the real world here have you heard the latest prediction from the medical people this lockdown could last until June and then the restrictions lifted slowly over the coming months.

Any kind of sport is not going to be starting soon if at all. People’s priorities are or should be 

Equally who gives a feck if they announce winners and losers? For all the stuff around Covid 19 this forum will erupt if titles and relegation are stopped or indeed determined and awarded. It is a sports forum. It's what will be discussed and argued over. If not then P&B should go in to self isolation and stop threads and posts.

1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

There seems to be a group of people like you who are under the impression that because we are in the middle of a pandemic we shouldn't be allowed to think or talk about anything else. As if talking about trivial things means we don't get that this is a serious.

That isn't what talking about sport means at all. Nobody is under any illusions that this situation is serious or that restrictions are going to last for a long time. Sport is a distraction from the shit parts of life, for many people a very important distraction, a way to have fun for a few hours a week. That doesn't change just because the shit thing that its distracting us from has gotten worse.

Of course I'm worried about my health and the health of my family. Of course I'm concerned about whether my job will still exist in six months time. Does that mean that I've stopped caring about football? Of course not. When this is all over I'm still going to be interested in who is in the Premiership, who won the league this year, what the format is going to be. So what's the problem with spending some time talking and reading about it now? Its possible to care about multiple things at the same time.

2 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

If I’m not mistaken, it was actually you that started this discussion about football . So why then tell someone who responds to your original discussion about football, that they can’t discuss football because more serious things are happening around us? 

2 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

WHO'S

and f**k up

If the intention is to go null and void, we can't use last season's finishing positions to decide money and euro places.

Should be the average position over the last 3/5 years. If this season doesn't exist then you can't simply assume last season's positions would be representative of the void season. You would have to use performance over time to be fair. 

Edited by pastra

Seeing the projections that are being banded about today of "lockdown" lasting until the start of June and then a long period of social distancing going into the late Autum and beyond not only could the current season not be finished but there would be no way to even start another until there has been mass vaccination.  European travel will be impossible so id certainly not expect any UEFA or international football for the rest of 2020..

The three options are waiting until we can and finishing the season, and then either shortening next season somehow, most likely way is scrapping the Betfred entirely. No idea when that would be possible, especially with European competitions.

You can also void the season, which brings contractual battles over bonuses already paid out etc., and those teams who are already promoted and already completed plans for next season (United obvious example) are shafted. Not sure how you distribute prize money though.

Or you call it as finished where it is, with the knowledge over 75% of the season is done. Allows teams to get prize money in for the next few months and plan for next season properly. Scottish Cup can either be voided or finished next season at some point.

All this chat about reconstruction/using average points/using previous season, just sound like overactive imaginations.

Those 3 options should be handed to the clubs, who then vote on it. I think theyll have voted on continuing, but there will be a cut off date where they vote to either void it or end it.

On 23/03/2020 at 16:40, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Has anybody suggesting just resetting the leagues alphabetically and awarding the winners that way?

Congratulations Aberdeen, Dumbarton, Hamilton Accies and QoS.

Not fair, reverse Order please