Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

10 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

Contracts (generally) run to June 30.

It's the end of the accouting year for football clubs and the (official) end of the season.

That'll be why UEFA have said June 30 - anything after that opens up a whole new minefield.

It's always been May 31 for us.

2 hours ago, btb said:

It's always been May 31 for us.

Same with us.

1354150001_ScreenShot2020-03-18at11_23_05.png.bd9d7bdad600346aea64d335d8d99455.png

Most of our OOC first team players seem to have their contracts up in June according to the official site (though it's not clear what date):

Gillespie, Tait, HartleyDunne, Livingstone (on loan at Clyde), Maguire, Long

Aside from loanees the only ones whose permanent deals are up in May are:

Ferguson (on loan at Linfield), Watt, Manzinga, Ilic

Edited by capt_oats

12 hours ago, ropy said:

The season needs to be finished.....but there becomes a time when this becomes ridiculous, > 1 year?  But let’s say we can pick things up this time next year and play to a conclusion then we need to find something to fill the gap from when we get the green light to play again.

Step forward the the diddy cup, this could be the making of the league cup.

Everyone participates in the league stages, if we have more dates to use then play everyone twice.  The smaller teams get games against the bigger teams generating much needed revenue.  The fans will have been starved of football so the crowds will be big. If we need another round let more teams through.

The saviour of football.  Give it a new name and let Sky and BT fight over the rights.  Sponsored by Lees macaroon bars.

i see no flaws.

So while we wait for football to restart we should restart football?  

Nbc Idk GIF by Good Girls

6 hours ago, Romeo said:

This will cheer you up it you are self isolating.

Great viewing.

Needed cheering up and this canny fail to give you a lift.

Had a shot at the teddy bears site Tuesday but a bid devoid of ideas.

Must do Celic site Thursday.

Life is no fair and big wigs want a result so Champions league can start up next year with the 20 or so qualifying rounds.

The SFA should select sorry Celect our teams on current standings but play outstanding games in September on and compensate anyone who missed out.

Like those Rangers fans, I was going to say people, I feel Morton should be included in the playoff as we have as much chance of making it as they now have of winning the League.

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

So while we wait for football to restart we should restart football?  

Nbc Idk GIF by Good Girls

Wait for the green light as I said then align the end of the delayed season with the normal end of season time.  Fill the gap.

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

Celtic fans have too much time on their hands. 

It looks like he just sits around all day making amusing Sevco videos, all right for some I suppose...

22 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

Contracts (generally) run to June 30.

It's the end of the accouting year for football clubs and the (official) end of the season.

That'll be why UEFA have said June 30 - anything after that opens up a whole new minefield.

Killie's accounting year ends 30th May

Edited by C4mmy31

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:
13 hours ago, The DA said:
According to this site, your own club have the majority of contracts ending on the 31st May.

killie.thumb.PNG.4179217ae3057c4272d8ce06cd4222de.PNG

According to the same site, Ross Millen is worth £135k, so I'm not sure how much trust I'd put in them.

Most clubs in Scotland have players contracts that run through to the end of May. 

This isn't exactly news to be honest. 

I’ve no idea where I saw this but I thought there had been a rule change a few years ago meaning expiring contracts had to run until the start of the transfer window at least (i.e. the end of June) to give players more job security.

Otherwise - only being employed from mid July to late May is a shite state of affairs. It would make far more sense to just have year long contracts and decrease the monthly wage a little to balance it out.

12 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I’ve no idea where I saw this but I thought there had been a rule change a few years ago meaning expiring contracts had to run until the start of the transfer window at least (i.e. the end of June) to give players more job security.

Otherwise - only being employed from mid July to late May is a shite state of affairs. It would make far more sense to just have year long contracts and decrease the monthly wage a little to balance it out.

The only way to do that is for the league to instruct clubs to offer contracts to the end of June which clearly hasn't happened as most players contracts seem to end on 31 May

And if there was such a rule why would anyone sign a contract to 31 May if it was only going to be forcibly extended to the end of June?

A snippet from a rambling Peter Lawwell statement.  Some strong words from Peter, it's looking like its going to get really messy if we can't get these games played.  Not sure what his severe consequences will be?

"
With regard to the present domestic Premiership League situation, our strong preference is, of course, to complete all remaining matches. To date, we have had a magnificent campaign, undefeated in this calendar year, completing 30 league matches already to create a commanding lead and we are now on the cusp of winning our ninth successive title.

As many have already said, the season cannot be voided as the consequences of that are so severe. In the event that the matches cannot be completed, then the responsibility to find a fair and reasonable solution for the finalisation of all domestic leagues will be with the Scottish football governing bodies.

We hope that the governing bodies are able to provide some clarity to clubs and supporters as soon as possible on the way forward, although we appreciate that this is a hugely demanding time
"

Edited by bennett
Auto type thingy

On the other hand

If you become a free agent when the transfer window opens then you can move to your next club without a transfer fee which means you can negotiate better personal terms

Everything is going to be ok now.

THIS Friday, March 20 at 7.45am, Europe will unite behind the anthem, You’ll Never Walk Alone, in the face on the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

The song, which has long been synonymous with both Celtic and Liverpool, two of world football’s most famous sporting institutions, will be played on radio stations throughout Europe at the same time (7.45am Celtic Park time) in a show of solidarity amongst all the nations of the continent.

Celtic will play You’ll Never Walk Alone at Celtic Park at 7.45am on Friday morning, while Liverpool will also acknowledge the song's importance at this time