Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

This is one situation where the Foundation of Hearts monthly pledges will come into their own. The club has guaranteed income.
Perhaps other fans could look at setting up similar systems?
What is the pledge value out of interest?

Would Hertz have really been relegated this season? Guess we'll never know. Too good to go down in the end, imo. greggy.png

Meanwhile, all the nothing clubs will toil financially as the FoH millions continue to roll in. Absolutely delicious chain of events. PowttJS.gif

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
1 hour ago, JTS98 said:
This is one situation where the Foundation of Hearts monthly pledges will come into their own. The club has guaranteed income.
Perhaps other fans could look at setting up similar systems?

What is the pledge value out of interest?

A couple of years ago it was 1.4m per year. Not sure how much that's changed, can't find a more up to date number.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It's not the fairest outcome but it's better than some other options imo- why don't we just split teams into pairs to have one legged playoffs for every position?

We'd end up with-

Celtic playing Rangers to decide who wins the league

Motherwell vs Aberdeen for 3rd

Livi v Hibs for 5th

St Johnstone v Killie for 7th

St Mirren v County for 9th

Hamilton v Hearts for 11th

Play them behind closed doors at Hampden over the course of a week, televise them all.

Would you really want a title based on a one off game tho....don't think I could accept that tbh. It would have to be over a full season for it to count. 

16 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Fair enough. That's your view.

1) Hearts have set Hearts back years. We deserve to go down.

2) Most football fans are absolute dafties. We all know this. There's more to football than one-eyed tribalism.

I'm not dying to get relegated, but a decision must be made and I don't think we should kick up a fuss if it's decided we get the bullet. Could have avoided it by not being shite for a year and a half.

Hearts should have the games and ability to escape relegation tho, strange post from a jambo.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, bennett said:

Hearts should have the games and ability to escape relegation tho, strange post from a jambo.

Took one point from Hamilton and St Mirren recently.

Can't play Hibs and Rangers every week, sadly.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Took one point from Hamilton and St Mirren recently.

Can't play Hibs and Rangers every week, sadly.

Do you pay leather clad women to punish you?

It seems as if you're a bit of a masochist.....

Guest JTS98
6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Do you pay leather clad women to punish you?

It seems as if you're a bit of a masochist.....

Not really. I mean, Hearts getting relegated isn't ideal, but it's not a catastrophe either.

We'd win a bit more often. Getting promoted is fun.

Not the biggest Derek McInnes fan ATM but I think he's spot on. If seasons are declared null and void then teams such as Leeds, Dundee United will take legal action within ten minutes of the decision being finalised.

If seasons are declared completed then teams like Hearts, Villa etc will take legal action within ten minutes of the decision being finalised.

Both scenarios will likely hold up the following season from starting.

34 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not the biggest Derek McInnes fan ATM but I think he's spot on. If seasons are declared null and void then teams such as Leeds, Dundee United will take legal action within ten minutes of the decision being finalised.

If seasons are declared completed then teams like Hearts, Villa etc will take legal action within ten minutes of the decision being finalised.

Both scenarios will likely hold up the following season from starting.

As far as I am aware the regulations state that the season is classed as being the opening and closing dates of the stated season OR..... 'as determined by the SPFL Board...' in other words they can call the season as they see it. It is there in the regulations that teams signed up to.  A court case could bomb right there. 

3 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

As far as I am aware the regulations state that the season is classed as being the opening and closing dates of the stated season OR..... 'as determined by the SPFL Board...' in other words they can call the season as they see it. It is there in the regulations that teams signed up to.  A court case could bomb right there. 

Where is that stated? Wouldn't mind a look at that.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Where is that stated? Wouldn't mind a look at that.

Have to say I am picking this up from other forums discussing it so dont have a direct link.  Apparently in the SPFL rule book and what constitutes a season.

Wouldn't be surprised as the SPFL have Board discretion loaded in to most things. 

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

Have to say I am picking this up from other forums discussing it so dont have a direct link.  Apparently in the SPFL rule book and what constitutes a season.

Wouldn't be surprised as the SPFL have Board discretion loaded in to most things. 

True.

By the same token though, FPP is supposed to be an open and shut case yet there was no chance Man City would have missed next seasons Champions League.