Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

These are crazy times, right enough. Got to protect the vulnerable, and if this is necessary, then fair enough.

Logistical nightmare, mind. There's no 'solution' that doesn't have a million ramifications. I can't see the 'post-split' fixtures happening now. I think they'll play the scheduled games then go straight to playoffs. The issue of player contracts/loans expiring is the obvious immediate stumbling block to summer football, unless a universal extension is put into place. But then you can guarantee agents will get involved and f**k everything up.

Shite news for Hearts (or whoever ends up bottom) and any other teams hoping to play their way out of trouble, but it's probably preferable to voiding the season. And I promise I'll stand by that statement if we ended up bottom instead.

9 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

The Government does have a plan though. It's based on the best scientific evidence that they have. People are now ignoring it and think they know better.

One problem is that they haven't told us what evidence they are using - they would be well served to make that public. There are some merits to their plan (say for schools, where, if they closed now, many kids would promptly be sent to their grandparents killing many of them as a result), but other aspects of it differ from what many other countries are doing or have done to date.

One difference is that China and Italy had local hotspots which they locked down. Our cases seem more evenly spread, so perhaps it is right to take a different approach. I'm not sure, though - this is where we could do with more transparency on their thinking, at least for the benefit of those that have the expertise to comment on it either positively or negatively. 

These are crazy times, right enough. Got to protect the vulnerable, and if this is necessary, then fair enough.
Logistical nightmare, mind. There's no 'solution' that doesn't have a million ramifications. I can't see the 'post-split' fixtures happening now. I think they'll play the scheduled games then go straight to playoffs. The issue of player contracts/loans expiring is the obvious immediate stumbling block to summer football, unless a universal extension is put into place. But then you can guarantee agents will get involved and f**k everything up.
Shite news for Hearts (or whoever ends up bottom) and any other teams hoping to play their way out of trouble, but it's probably preferable to voiding the season. And I promise I'll stand by that statement if we ended up bottom instead.

You’re talking another month at least. My best bet is they just void the season.

10 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Unfortunately for you, St Johnstone, the chase is over. Enjoy your bottom six obscurity.

We have played a game less than Hibernian FC Club so we will need to be allocated points based on our points per game accrued so far this season. I believe this is 1.24 points.

We are therefore in the top 6 and you're no.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

You’re talking another month at least. My best bet is they just void the season.

I think the immediate issue there would be DUFC, who seem to have spent a large amount of money chasing promotion this season. Now their overspending is nobody else's problem, but I can't imagine they'd take a voided season lying down.

Same goes for leagues down south for example: the likes of Leeds and Coventry have spent years in the doldrums but have had decent seasons. No way they're settling for a voided league.

If they cancel the 'post-split' stuff, they can play the final games in April and then would roughly be on the same schedule. Not sure what the lower leagues would do, tbf.

As I said, there's no solution that doesn't have problems: the best bet is being as pragmatic as possible.

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

This doesn't work, because the Championship still have 8-10 games to play anyway. So the Premiership clubs would be twiddling their thumbs waiting to decide who qualified for the play-offs.

The best solution has to be to just play out the remainder of this season whenever we are able to, even if this ends up being well into the summer (or even later). Yes, the transfer window might be open by then and clubs might have a bit of a turnover of players, but this happens in January anyway. If players are out of contract they can either agree to an extension or move on.

17 hours ago, The Gypsy King said:

I think this is a good point to end Scottish football for a period of time and rethink the structure of our game for a post-COVID 19 world.

Do we REALLY need so many Glasgow teams? Maybe Rangers and Celtic should be given an ultimatum to either merge or be expelled.

Is it REALLY the will of the Scottish people for there to be 12 teams in the top flight and 10 teams in every other league? Maybe it's time for there to a referendum on our league structure.

YAS! CALLED IT!

Best solution moving forward when football does, finally, get back playing would be just pick up season 2019-2020 whenever that is and irrespective of changes to club's squads due to contract expiry. 

Season 2020-2021 starts immediately afterwards and/or in an abridged form. No League Cup perhaps, just two league games between teams instead of four and hopefully things are back to normal in time for July 2021 and the 2021-2022 season. 

Just now, John MacLean said:

Best solution moving forward when football does, finally, get back playing would be just pick up season 2019-2020 whenever that is and irrespective of changes to club's squads due to contract expiry. 

Season 2020-2021 starts immediately afterwards and/or in an abridged form. No League Cup perhaps, just two league games between teams instead of four and hopefully things are back to normal in time for July 2021 and the 2021-2022 season. 

This is the correct answer.

Hopefully get the games played in the summer. It's going to play havoc with promotions, relegations, pre season, contracts etc. Might be an idea to run a lesser season next year to mitigate some of the impact, potentially a 16 team league with only 30 games...?

6 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Why would football get back to playing. When the problem is still there? 

I think people are underestimating the scope of the issue.