Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

Guest Moomintroll

Looks like we might not get the last hurrah for the season.
Ffs due to leave in 2 hours, coming up for Hospitality & Snorkmaiden has spent a fortune on the Park Hotel as well so won't be getting that back.

Again, this is not wrong, but the logical extension is that none of us should be going to our work or going outside in general. If that becomes the general advice then fine, but until then I am not sure why footballers shouldn't be acting like the rest of us in terms of going about their daily life as much as possible whilst taking sensible precautions.

Because most of us don’t run around in the snow and rain wearing cheap polyester t-shirts for a living.

22 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

There is an attempt here to try and control the spread whilst realising that large numbers will still get it.  

We're past the control phase. Stopping football matches will have no significant effect on its spread. People are panicking and it's counter-productive.

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Because most of us don’t run around in the snow and rain wearing cheap polyester t-shirts for a living.

What's that got to do with it? You don't get coronavirus from the weather ffs. People are going to catch it from family members at the end of the day. We can't stop it.

Edited by Mr Heliums

I see the leagues down south have postponed until April 3rd. I'm happy to admit that I'm not an expert, or even reasonably well informed about this stuff - but surely by 3rd April, the situation will be worse (and won't even have peaked)? My working assumption was that any "postponement" would in reality be until the middle of summer at least.

We're past the control phase. Stopping football matches will have no significant effect on its spread. People are panicking and it's counter-productive.

Right. And this is because they think the government has no plan of action. There are reasonable people in the China Flu thread that seem to think there’s no rhyme nor reason to what’s happening.

Again, this is not wrong, but the logical extension is that none of us should be going to our work or going outside in general. If that becomes the general advice then fine, but until then I am not sure why footballers shouldn't be acting like the rest of us in terms of going about their daily life as much as possible whilst taking sensible precautions.
Most of the players in Scotland are part time and their main source of income lies outside football.

The physical contact on the pitch or in the dressing room will increase their chances of being infected.

They obviously aren't going to be happy increasing their chance of getting it , having to self isolate and take time off work.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Right. And this is because they think the government has no plan of action. There are reasonable people in the China Flu thread that seem to think there’s no rhyme nor reason to what’s happening.

The Government does have a plan though. It's based on the best scientific evidence that they have. People are now ignoring it and think they know better.

3 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

The physical contact on the pitch or in the dressing room will increase their chances of being infected.

What, so footballers are going to stop training too? F**k knows what Danny Swanson will look like in a month.

Edited by Mr Heliums

8 minutes ago, Swello said:

I see the leagues down south have postponed until April 3rd. I'm happy to admit that I'm not an expert, or even reasonably well informed about this stuff - but surely by 3rd April, the situation will be worse (and won't even have peaked)? My working assumption was that any "postponement" would in reality be until the middle of summer at least.

You're right. It will be worse. I've no idea what they think they're achieving.

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Unfortunately for you, St Johnstone, the chase is over. Enjoy your bottom six obscurity.

There's nothing like extremely minor sporting achievements to help ease the worries of an actual global pandemic. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Spoiler

uefa-europa-league-logo-vector-download.

yaaas.