Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

An Accies fan in my work was off yesterday to get tested after showing symptoms. I quipped that if this ultimately led to his demise then it would lead to a 50% reduction in Hamilton's home attendances.

Excellent patter, I'm sure we can all agree, from Y. Moutaouakil.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

11 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Fans always buy their season tickets in the end. What’ll happen is that clubs won’t give refunds on it but will give some kind of gesture of thanks to ST holders later on, maybe a slight discount on next years or some kind of event. 

Players and staff will still expect to be paid.  The clubs' only savings will be on match-day expenses which will be more than offset by the loss of match-day income.

I think we'll need to accept that our clubs are basically charities and write off our losses. 

For all those Celtic accountants out there, is there any chance of a tax deduction?

As much as missing out on a few home games is a pisser, we'd just be expected, I reckon, to take the hit and perhaps receive some kind of reward the following season. Any other 'business' and I'd be wanting my hard-earned money back but the clubs will all know our emotional link to them and basically play on it.

Surely there should be finances available for emergency situations.... 

The SPFL has warned Scottish clubs there is no pot of money to help them should games have to be played behind closed doors because of coronavirus.

Various competitions across Europe have either had fixtures postponed or played without spectators.

No matches in Scotland have yet been affected but the SPFL warned last week of "dire financial consequences".

The league body has written to clubs "advising them to examine their insurance arrangements".

A statement added: "This is particularly important as the SPFL does not hold reserves. Every single penny of income from sponsorships, broadcast deals and cup revenue is already paid to the clubs as fees."

The SPFL also said it would be guided by instructions from Peter Lawwell, while the Scottish FA says it is continuing to monitor the situation daily

38 minutes ago, bennett said:

The SPFL has warned Scottish clubs there is no pot of money to help them should games have to be played behind closed doors because of coronavirus.
Ave yet been affected but the SPFL warned last week of "dire financial consequences".

The league body has written to clubs "advising them to examine their insurance arrangements".

A statement added: "This is particularly important as the SPFL does not hold reserves. Every single penny of income from sponsorships, broadcast deals and cup revenue is already paid to the clubs as fees."

The SPFL also said it would be guided by instructions from Peter Lawwell, while the Scottish FA says it is continuing to monitor the situation daily

Agreed.  SPFL and SFA happy to take their cut for doing close to SFA but not happy to dish it out when times are hard.

What do they think they'll be lording it over if 80% of clubs go tits up?

The article posted literally explains it. The SPFL is not sitting on reserves of cash. TV and sponsorship money and the likes is paid out to clubs as prize money, and the small bits which are held back are used to pay their staff.

The clubs run and operate the SPFL, if they wanted the SPFL to have cash reserves they would have written the SPFL rules to reflect that.

Finish the Premiership season after 33 games is probably the most sensible thing to do. Championship should be finished now and the top club promoted IMHO. Playoffs should be played at Hampden as one-off matches behind closed doors, but all broadcast live on BT, ALBA, YouTube, SKY or BBC Scot.

League One and League Two will be fine if games are limited to ST holders only as they should mostly fit under the 1000 persons rule that has brought in on the continent.

Some ideas for fans:

Give ST Holders free access to League Cup games next season

Next season play a 44 game season in order to make up for the missing games. Could maybe do a Friday-Monday thing on non-UEFA weeks? UEFA may ditch Nations League to help with fixture congestion?

If not give every ST holder the ability to stream matches played behind closed doors? And charge £8 per game for those non-ST holders. Should be easy enough to do every SPFL Premiership and most Championship clubs already have this ability in place. I think every Premiership game has an OB unit present and is streamed on betting websites abroad although @craigkillie or @The Master could probably confirm this.

Anyway all I'm saying is I reckon these measures could mitigate the impact of an Italian style outbreak.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

Various competitions across Europe have either had fixtures postponed or played without spectators.

No matches in Scotland have yet been affected but the SPFL warned last week of "dire financial consequences".

Scottish football could ask present and recent sponsors to bail them out, I'm sure all the bookies and pawn shops could be relied on.

Nicola Sturgeon on Good Morning Britain suggesting (without outright saying) that they are going to recommend stopping all mass gatherings in public at Cobra meeting today. 

We may just have played the closing game of the season.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Nicola Sturgeon on Good Morning Britain suggesting (without outright saying) that they are going to recommend stopping all mass gatherings in public at Cobra meeting today. 

We may just have played the closing game of the season.

To be fair, that does leave the possibility of closed door games, depending on how they define 'mass' gatherings.

My expectation is that they will carry on until the split behind closed doors and end the season there. I'm waiting until tomorrow before getting a ticket at any rate. 

I imagine that in an exceptional situation (i.e. like the one we have now) not covered by existing rules, that the SPFL board would not be willing to make the decision themselves and may defer to the clubs.

I think the top teams in each div will be declared champs, bottom teams relegated, no playoffs and no relegation from the bottom division to the seaside leagues.

I will take your thanks in advance for this sensible outcome to what is a difficult situation 

doctor.gif.9427916640b88691bc7a5ff9f6646291.gif

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

To be fair, that does leave the possibility of closed door games, depending on how they define 'mass' gatherings.

My expectation is that they will carry on until the split behind closed doors and end the season there. I'm waiting until tomorrow before getting a ticket at any rate. 

No drama for you - Tickets available on the day at the portacabin next to the away stand

If they arbitrarily ended the season early at this point rather than playing closed door games, the lawyers would be loving it more than anyone. There is no way that Hearts would accept being relegated like that and I could even imagine a desperation court action from Gers 2.0 as the title wasn't mathematically certain .  It would in short be a clusterfuck so massive that no radio phone in show could contain it.

And think of the statements! Endless Budge and Traynor 5000-worders! The word "tainted" would be getting thrown about for the next 50 years. Please, no.....