Junior Cup Semifinals

archieb

• 1 month later...

I do believe that is the SJFA's intention, but I don't see where they're going to fit it in. The WoSFL clubs have been told very clearly where the SJC lies in the fixtures priority, and I would imagine when games get started they won't be even thinking about sticking last season's SJC anywhere near interrupting the schedule of league matches.

By the time football is restarted Auchinleck will have floodlights so both quarter-finals could be played midweek ;)

But at the rate things are going there might not be space to play the 2020-21 Junior Cup anyway, so the outstanding ties could just be delayed a year and played in April/May.

10 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I do believe that is the SJFA's intention, but I don't see where they're going to fit it in. The WoSFL clubs have been told very clearly where the SJC lies in the fixtures priority, and I would imagine when games get started they won't be even thinking about sticking last season's SJC anywhere near interrupting the schedule of league matches.

Best bet would be as some sort of pre-season effort. Beith and Pollok could play each other while the replays take place. One off Semis and then the Final. Could maybe try and delay the final until the first round of the 2020-21 edition kicks off.

Luckily its just something for the SJFA to worry about.

22 minutes ago, loughton said:

Just hope they can get played buzzing to see how the ties play out and then cracking on with next years competition! 

How do you feel as someone who has been on here for years supporting the "grade" feel about Senior clubs coming in and ensuring that the "grade" never sees another of its own team win the cup?

Surely you as a "grade" supporter must hate the idea of the likes of Talbot pissing all over those clubs that have remained loyal to the "grade"

17 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

just thinking that Darvel will have a brand new squad that alot of players wouldn't have played in the previous rounds , good job the cup tied rule doesn't apply lol, obviously there are other teams that have added to their squad but maybe not to that extent.

Not sure that this issue has been sorted yet. Still waiting on a final decision as to who is or isn't eligible to play in these games.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Best bet would be as some sort of pre-season effort. Beith and Pollok could play each other while the replays take place. One off Semis and then the Final. Could maybe try and delay the final until the first round of the 2020-21 edition kicks off.

Luckily its just something for the SJFA to worry about.

Pretty inappropriate for Beith and Pollok to meet before the Final, as Pollok are drawn vs Hurlford/Talbot in one semifinal and Beith vs Darvel/Broughty in the other!

Only Darvel v Broughty requires a replay (following a draw at Darvel) as Hurlford v Talbot has not been played yet!

1 minute ago, archieb said:

Pretty inappropriate for Beith and Pollok to meet before the Final, as Pollok are drawn vs Hurlford/Talbot in one semifinal and Beith vs Darvel/Broughty in the other!

Only Darvel v Broughty requires a replay (following a draw at Darvel) as Hurlford v Talbot has not been played yet!

It's just a suggestion to play in a friendly on the same date that the other 4 teams would be playing out their quarter final ties.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's just a suggestion to play in a friendly on the same date that the other 4 teams would be playing out their quarter final ties.

No reason for Beith & Pollok to play each other IF this was arranged as pre-season, they could play anybody available!

Anyway, I thought the suggestion from the SJFA was to play out the 2019-20 Junior cup ties much later on in 2020-21.

4 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

How do you feel as someone who has been on here for years supporting the "grade" feel about Senior clubs coming in and ensuring that the "grade" never sees another of its own team win the cup?

Surely you as a "grade" supporter must hate the idea of the likes of Talbot pissing all over those clubs that have remained loyal to the "grade"

That redneck crew just never give up, do they.