The Binos v Cove Rangers

Mitch off, Jordan Brown on. If the latter scores then it would be even more surprising than the 6 goals before it!

17 year old Meekinson, on loan from Dundee United, also on. He looks like he’s here on school work experience but is a bit of a talent

9 hours ago, rhliston said:

Can only describe the Binos performance tonight in 2 words UTTER PISH

A few more words.

It's hard to see what KR hoped to accomplish from the way they set out last night. He said he'd make changes after Elgin, but these were reckless.

Hoping for luck as the ball is launched long towards Mackin's head again? Surrendering half the park for Cove to move forward without pressure, through an absent midfield and into a shambolic defense?

Only when Darryl Duffy came on (admittedly at a time when Cove were sitting back) was there some hint of pressing, as Duffy started positioning the midfielders, something which had been utterly missing.

AIt's hard to see what KR hoped to accomplish from the way they set out last night.

The two theories I’ve heard, one and the most common one was arrogance and a “I’ll show them” attitude after a host of dire performances, however I’ve actually forgotten the last good performance it was that long ago, it’s certainly not come this season.

The other, it was a smoke screen to rest vital players, a given that Cove would win the game anyway so rest players with knocks or tired legs for the run in until the end of the season.

I’m not sure which one I believe, but there is no doubt that I looked at that line up at 1930 last night and fear the worst and those fears rang true.

Where the club goes from here, I don’t know, as I put in the other thread, the aim was winning the league and we are 32 points off it, KR needs to acknowledge that is not good enough, he’s had his chance and step aside.

40 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

The two theories I’ve heard, one and the most common one was arrogance and a “I’ll show them” attitude after a host of dire performances, however I’ve actually forgotten the last good performance it was that long ago, it’s certainly not come this season.

Dropping a bunch of players after drab performances can only work if the replacements put on a show. Otherwise “I’ll show them” rebounds into who's shown who? If that was the idea, maybe forgiveable in a new manager 3 games into his job, but certainly not after 18 months of non-progress.

40 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

The other, it was a smoke screen to rest vital players, a given that Cove would win the game anyway so rest players with knocks or tired legs for the run in until the end of the season.

The resting explanation gets a bit of support in the post-match interview, but it's not as if there's been a fluidity of team performance that got mislaid last night. And I'm thinking of the final Moore season, when they were playing backlog fixtures every other day, building team solidarity in a way that pulled them across the finishing line. The prospects of that seem utterly remote this year.

4 minutes ago, printer said:

Out of curiosity is that the first time you've shipped seven goals, say in the last 30 years?

You're meaning at home, rather than, say, at the Recs? An afternoon from which Philliben's team never really recovered.

(Nice Beefheartian sig BTW, that line came to mind just the other day.)

I'd forgotten about that game. [emoji6]

Glad you like my signature.

You're meaning at home, rather than, say, at the Recs? An afternoon from which Philliben's team never really recovered.
(Nice Beefheartian sig BTW, that line came to mind just the other day.)

Totally agree with BB Bono’s post KR has had more than enough time to get his team in order I think his biggest problem is how openly he slaughters the players instead off doing it behind closed doors and I also think his man management style is very poor everyone at the club wants good results but at the end of the day the buck stops with him as he picks the team

9 minutes ago, Jacketsforgoalposts said:

KR has had more than enough time to get his team in order I think his biggest problem is how openly he slaughters the players instead off doing it behind closed doors and I also think his man management style is very poor

Especially irritating is KR's habit of shouting one player's name during defensive phases. What message does that send to him? What message does it send to those around him? Does it strengthen or weaken the defense?

1 hour ago, Ally_D said:

Especially irritating is KR's habit of shouting one player's name during defensive phases. What message does that send to him? What message does it send to those around him? Does it strengthen or weaken the defense?

Was that player Rafael Scheidt?