Best Team In The Lothians v Lothian Also Rans

Should we have a central back two or three? Can't work out what's best.

In terms of the goals we've conceded lately: Hibs goal seemed a bit unlucky (landed at Doidge in front of Guthrie); MacGregor's was at least one mistake from us and Edouard caught Ambrose out of position while Sibbald loses track of Rogic; and St J was a hook in behind ATS and no-one matching Hendry. Any patterns in there? Dunno.. Does the width a 3/5 give us more in attack? Maybe.

Not sure if Hearts have a settled shape right now. Boyce doesn't seem to start every game from what I've heard.

Edited by crispy

Can't see us changing back to pre Ambrose formation. We'd have to drop Ambrose or Brown, and Brown has the added bonus of his long throw ins, so wouldn't want to see us dropping him. But with Ambrose's pedigree and experience, I don't think he'd be dropped either, so basically I think we'll stick with the back 3 to accommodate both of them.

Personally I don't think we're as good in attack with a back 3 changing our old formation, Lawless is better on the wing than playing behind Dykes. It's fine against the likes of Celtic where we're under a lot of pressure, when it's a more even game then it isn't as good.

4-2-3-1 please. I don't mind if we have to drop Ambrose or Brown, we should be playing our best/most effective formation. Against teams who are more likely to pump us that's 3 at the back, against everyone else it's not.

Would go with this on Sunday, assuming everyone's available:

Schofield

Devlin  -  Guthrie  -  Ambrose  -  ATS

Bartley  -  Sibbald

Lawless  -  Pittman  -  Souda

Dykes

Menga to come off the bench and send the entire Hearts team on their arse and pass the ball in the net. Again.

Schofield 

ambrose   Guthrie   Brown  ATS

Sibbald   Bartley

Lawless    Pittman   Robinson

Dykes

is probably what is go for, potentially brown at left back instead of Ambrose at right back, and then I’d have Ambrose move to cb and play McMillan rb

15 hours ago, LiviLion said:

4-2-3-1 please. I don't mind if we have to drop Ambrose or Brown, we should be playing our best/most effective formation. Against teams who are more likely to pump us that's 3 at the back, against everyone else it's not.

Would go with this on Sunday, assuming everyone's available:

Schofield

Devlin  -  Guthrie  -  Ambrose  -  ATS

Bartley  -  Sibbald

Lawless  -  Pittman  -  Souda

Dykes

Menga to come off the bench and send the entire Hearts team on their arse and pass the ball in the net. Again.

14 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Schofield 

ambrose   Guthrie   Brown  ATS

Sibbald   Bartley

Lawless    Pittman   Robinson

Dykes

is probably what is go for, potentially brown at left back instead of Ambrose at right back, and then I’d have Ambrose move to cb and play McMillan rb

Think we all pretty much agree that a mid 3 behind Dykes worked better for us in attack, whether it's Souds or Robbo playing with Lawless & Pitts, that's what we'd like to go back too.