21 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

best team in the Lothians eh...

Team                 w    d    l

Edin City         17   4    6
Livingston      10   9    11
Hibs                   9    10  11
Hearts              4     11  14

So to paraphrase Mrs Doyle, I'd say you were the second best team... :rolleyes:

Edinburgh City haven't played against any of those teams this season, so I'm not sure why this is relevant.

They also play in the diddiest of the diddy leagues.

Delete this.

Anyway, onto the real football teams, 7-5 Livi. Halkett with all the goals.

53 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Edinburgh City haven't played against any of those teams this season, so I'm not sure why this is relevant.

They also play in the diddiest of the diddy leagues.

Delete this.

Anyway, onto the real football teams, 7-5 Livi. Halkett with all the goals.

Actually I found it quite amusing; particularly the Father Ted reference but I feel he could have increased the list to include the Mighty Spartans - okay; they're not in the SPFL league per se but we've played them in the cup before.

Haven't seen a Lothian league table for a while come to think of it. It'll be interesting to see which Hearts show up for this (and Wed prior).

I'm still recovering from that horror show of a game on Saturday. I feel people are quite quick to jump on the worst performance/game/referee(/pitch ;)) ever but those 90 mins are definitely down there with the worst entertainment I've seen from two teams. Ever. And we lost. And it was £24. Onwards and upwards!

Hopefully the familiar Livi will be back for this and ideally there is a draw between Hibs and St Johnstone.

Edited by crispy

This is certainly a must-win for us if we are actually wanting to finish in the top six. Was impressed by Hearts against Hibs given how honking they have looked previously, but bearing in mind how rancid Hibs truly are I may take that performance with a pinch of salt.

No doubt an away win with a Halkett goal, then.

11 minutes ago, Afro said:

This is certainly a must-win for us if we are actually wanting to finish in the top six. 

Given Hibs play St Johnstone on Saturday and you're ahead of both of them, it really isn't.

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Given Hibs play St Johnstone on Saturday and you're ahead of both of them, it really isn't.

Given our two games pre-split after this one are Aberdeen at the Macarena, who we have failed to beat since we came back up, and Kilmarnock away, which we will lose because it's away, this is absolutely must-win for us.

I think six points will see us there, so beating you lot would be a mighty help. Thank you.

26 minutes ago, Afro said:

Given our two games pre-split after this one are Aberdeen at the Macarena, who we have failed to beat since we came back up, and Kilmarnock away, which we will lose because it's away, this is absolutely must-win for us.

I think six points will see us there, so beating you lot would be a mighty help. Thank you.

You'd have been quicker typing "I don't know what must-win means".

14 hours ago, Afro said:

Actually looking at the other teams' fixtures I believe 3 points will probably be enough for top six.

That being said calling this game a "must win" is probably a bit of an over-reaction given that St. Mirren v Hearts is still to be played - if ever there was a "must win" surely that's it - hopefully it wont be turned around to a "mustn't lose".

Slightly off thread but only a couple of weeks ago I though Hamilton and Hearts were bankers for the bottom two places - now I suspect it will be one of them and St. Mirren. Having watch football for over 50 years I still havent learned the cardinal Scottish rule of "never take anything for granted"

Hopefully that's a lesson our boys will take on to the pitch with them  on Saturday.

12 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Actually looking at the other teams' fixtures I believe 3 points will probably be enough for top six.

That being said calling this game a "must win" is probably a bit of an over-reaction given that St. Mirren v Hearts is still to be played - if ever there was a "must win" surely that's it - hopefully it wont be turned around to a "mustn't lose".

Slightly off thread but only a couple of weeks ago I though Hamilton and Hearts were bankers for the bottom two places - now I suspect it will be one of them and St. Mirren. Having watch football for over 50 years I still havent learned the cardinal Scottish rule of "never take anything for granted"

Hopefully that's a lesson our boys will take on to the pitch with them  on Saturday.

Erm, we're playing on Sunday mate.