EC v Cowdenbeath - 10/03/2020

Great result and performance from Elgin and partly answered my earlier doubts about them having the bottle for it. As Highland ICT says Saturdays game is the type we’ve previously lost. We don’t do favourites well, and their is a section of support that is quick to get on the player’s backs if things are not going as expected which transfers onto the pitch. Hopefully this team continues to battle and continues their upward trending.

19 hours ago, Highland ITFC said:

And with Cowden likely to be turned over by Cove, there's potential for a bit of comfort in third place by close of play Saturday.

Well hopefully we can get some decent results between now and when we face each other on March 28 to make things less comfortable for you.  

On 11/03/2020 at 16:00, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Not angry at all. Disappointed yes, but as I've said already Elgin played well, not as good as the last time we were up there but good enough. Sutherland had a really good game.

If only our keeper knew what to do with the ball when he's got it in his hands things might have been different.

If you look at some of the previous posts you'll see it is some of the Elgin fans who are angry, don't know why (last two games I was at up there some of them were fighting amongst themselves, strange lot)

Our next game with you should be fun.

On 11/03/2020 at 08:54, NELLY said:

Thats blatantly not true. ELGIN PROUD being a cock/w****r/bannit and general trumpet is indeed a FACT.

love you too big fella

Just a thought but worst case scenario, this weekend might be the last fitba for some time, if so and they take the league as finished as of Sat, a win against Brechin would cement us in the top 4, assuming they would continue with the play offs sometime before the start of the next season, whenever that might be. Just a thought!

15 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Just a thought but worst case scenario, this weekend might be the last fitba for some time, if so and they take the league as finished as of Sat, a win against Brechin would cement us in the top 4, assuming they would continue with the play offs sometime before the start of the next season, whenever that might be. Just a thought!

Very unfair but I think you might be right.

Elgin and Queens have easy games while we play Cove. We will drop to 5th as league is abandoned. Part and parcel of being a Cowden fan !

tho not sure how many clubs could survive without income.

50 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Very unfair but I think you might be right.

Elgin and Queens have easy games while we play Cove. We will drop to 5th as league is abandoned. Part and parcel of being a Cowden fan !

tho not sure how many clubs could survive without income.

We’ll be OK , never have more than 500 in the ground!

Sturgeon on about banning gatherings of 500 plus is regarding not tying up police and ambulances but Elgin don't  have either at games and I'd imagine other clubs at this div don't either. Do any other clubs other than Elgin and Cove have crowds regularly over 500 for league games?