EC v Cowdenbeath - 10/03/2020

10 hours ago, PELE said:

Our away form is terrible. You will always struggle to stay in the top four with away form like ours. We have almost caught up with the away games now though. Just 4 home and 5 away now.

Go more attacking against Cove on Saturday. No point hanging back and hoofing it. It doesn't work. We don't score enough goals.

Any chance Morrison playing this weekend?

WHITTTT.... Cove score 7 against Stirling and you want to go more ATTACKING considering we lost 3 against elgin.Cmon neeb..

We are a better team when we are solid at the back and dont open up. Granted we need to create more but of games I have seen we create enough chances. We scored 2 last night and in most games you should take something from the game.

11 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

Lovely to see Cowden bottling their chance to lose in the play offs.

Bottling lol... I wouldnt use that word. We have lost 1 in 4 pal. Wouldnt say bottle. Stenny spunking money on average players and fighting down the bottom of the league is pleasing however.

What the f**k is this mindless drivel? You'd think Clyde were back in the league.

Big win last night, I had accepted defeat after Cowden's early goal but we showed an almost-unfamiliar strength that we haven't had in recent years to fight back. Had we taken our chances we could have ended up with a score not too far away from Cove's. I can't help but feel that goal difference might have an impact this season on the final table so they've done us a favour there.

10 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

What the f**k is this mindless drivel? You'd think Clyde were back in the league.

Big win last night, I had accepted defeat after Cowden's early goal but we showed an almost-unfamiliar strength that we haven't had in recent years to fight back. Had we taken our chances we could have ended up with a score not too far away from Cove's. I can't help but feel that goal difference might have an impact this season on the final table so they've done us a favour there.

Unfortunately Elgin seem to have more than their fair share of dimwits. Goodness knows what happens if they lose a home game.

Bottling lol... I wouldnt use that word. We have lost 1 in 4 pal. Wouldnt say bottle. Stenny spunking money on average players and fighting down the bottom of the league is pleasing however.
And won 1 in 7.

But that one didn't suit your agenda. Toddle on.

21 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

And won 1 in 7.

But that one didn't suit your agenda. Toddle on.

and won 12 games against Stennys miserly 7..  Toddle on helmet.

Edited by NELLY

First time able to get to BB in a while, & have to say that some of last night's football, particularly in the first half when playing against the wind, was up there with the best that I've seen from Elgin. Fantastic to see the side looking to play out from the back as the first thought, & the whole back four looking comfortable on the ball. Macphee in particular was excellent, & Graham also very composed, & Bronsky no longer looking to shell long balls as his go-to. Rory looking better & better every time I see him in the middle of the park, & really making the side tick with the way that he's always showing for the ball. And that front / wide four of Shane, Kane, Connor & Daniel are always going to create opportunities with their pace & ability on the ball, as well as scaring the crap out of defenders in the way that they close down.

If it wasn't for some sleepy defending early on, & Elgin not taking the chances that were being created, then the game would have been out of sight by half-time. Great start to the second period to make amends for that, & but for the clanger from McHale the game would have been all done then. Fair play to the lads - Macphee's delivery & Soapy's finish - for bailing him out & getting back in front so quickly. MoM for me was Macphee, & wouldn't be surprised to see him back on a permanent basis come the start of next season.

Only one result coming on Saturday based on recent form one would imagine, but Elgin do still have that ability to surprise with a shocker at home. Hopefully not though, as confidence so high now, & Brechin got to be the opposite. And with Cowden likely to be turned over by Cove, there's potential for a bit of comfort in third place by close of play Saturday.

1 hour ago, WeAreElgin said:
3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:
Unfortunately Elgin seem to have more than their fair share of dimwits. Goodness knows what happens if they lose a home game.

Why are you so angry?

Not angry at all. Disappointed yes, but as I've said already Elgin played well, not as good as the last time we were up there but good enough. Sutherland had a really good game.

If only our keeper knew what to do with the ball when he's got it in his hands things might have been different.

If you look at some of the previous posts you'll see it is some of the Elgin fans who are angry, don't know why (last two games I was at up there some of them were fighting amongst themselves, strange lot)

Our next game with you should be fun.