EC v Cowdenbeath - 10/03/2020

Yet another  big game for Elgin. We're on  a roll with 5 wins in last 6 games and pulled back 9 points on the visitors in that time. Not sure of how bad Spark's injury was, but with Smart scoring on his first start and Shane making a comeback, everything is clicking. It'll be a hard game but I'm going for a home win by 2 clear goals.

Yet another  big game for Elgin. We're on  a roll with 5 wins in last 6 games and pulled back 9 points on the visitors in that time. Not sure of how bad Spark's injury was, but with Smart scoring on his first start and Shane making a comeback, everything is clicking. It'll be a hard game but I'm going for a home win by 2 clear goals.

Christ we’ve no chance if you think a hard game is winning by two goals.

10 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Elgin were very good when we played them at the start of the season.
Hamilton has to start for Cowden, he is probably our best defender and too good to be sitting on the bench.

Hope the forecast isn’t accurate, I’m fed up seeing games ruined by hurricane force winds.

Me too

i reckon 3 or 4 recent games have been played in gale force wind. Makes football a farce.

met office has 18mph winds gusts to 33 mph for game time on Tues. looks like no rain at that time thankfully.

I plan on going to this match tomorrow night. Cove are away to Stirling and this being closer and a tasty fixture in the race for 3rd I thought I’d go along.

5 wins in the last 6 is impressive stuff, including a very comfortable 3-0 win against us. I do fancy Elgin to get all three points but Cowdenbeath are gutsy and can’t be ruled out as they have talented players aka Cox, Allan and Renton etc 

Every time I see Kane he looks a good player. Wouldn’t put it past him getting a brace.

prediction: Elgin 3 Cowden 1 

7 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Elgin were very good when we played them at the start of the season.
Hamilton has to start for Cowden, he is probably our best defender and too good to be sitting on the bench.

Hope the forecast isn’t accurate, I’m fed up seeing games ruined by hurricane force winds.

The last match up there, we had Pyper and Valentine in defence. No Hamilton then. Herd was sent off just after they scored their third goal. Also, Renton and Cox upfront with GT, who of course was subbed to bring Allan on. We didn't have a shot on target, whereas Elgin scored 3 out of 5 on target.

We need Hamilton playing and Swann. I would also have GT on with Allan. I think they would pair up well if given the chance. Get big Sheerin in the mix to cause mayhem at some point. If we line up like Saturday I can't see us troubling Elgin.

Any chance Morrison might return? We could do with him in the middle.

59 minutes ago, PELE said:

The last match up there, we had Pyper and Valentine in defence. No Hamilton then. Herd was sent off just after they scored their third goal. Also, Renton and Cox upfront with GT, who of course was subbed to bring Allan on. We didn't have a shot on target, whereas Elgin scored 3 out of 5 on target.

We need Hamilton playing and Swann. I would also have GT on with Allan. I think they would pair up well if given the chance. Get big Sheerin in the mix to cause mayhem at some point. If we line up like Saturday I can't see us troubling Elgin.

Any chance Morrison might return? We could do with him in the middle.

We need Sheerin kept fit for Saturday so he can decapitate the goalkeeper again 😂

might cause another heart attack for John Sheran 👍

These are the sort of games that are must-win in the run in towards the play-offs. Win & you'd like to think that at least 4th place will be Elgin's to preserve, if not being more comfortable in getting to third & staying there, but lose & things could look very different.

Looking forward to getting to a game at BB for the first time in a while. Fingers crossed!