What happens if they ban large gatherings due to COVID-19?

Yeah, don’t go there. That’s a pretty sore point in my house just now.

Don’t worry, it seems that the advice to teachers is to make their estimates ‘best case scenarios’ so doubtful that many kids will end up with worse results than they would have had they sat the exam.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Players, managers and officials would all need tested prior to every game I would've thought, not sure that is practical though.

At this time frontline SNHS staff can't get tested (my daughter is one of them) yet you think we can test football players/staff!

Only two option for this season:

a)  finish it when it can be finished then work out what happens from there.

b) Void it.

1 hour ago, McBrian said:

At this time frontline SNHS staff can't get tested (my daughter is one of them) yet you think we can test football players/staff!

This

Kinda like much of the public cant get shite roll for love nor money yet a huge delivery(pardon the pun)arrived at Downing Street the day

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

I now suspect that no more games will played in the 2019-2020 season, and that the 2020-2021 season will be shortened. On that basis, consider the following:

The precedent for a team failing between seasons seems to be a choice between the most recently relegated team(s) or the lower division runners-up. So that will be handled separately from how this season is resolved. A popular option is promoting the top two and relegating none, and if we do have several failures of clubs, this may work out. However, with 14 teams at the Premier League level, what do we do? Play each other three times, drawn randomly for home/away advantage? (39 games) Play twice, split and play twice more? (38 games)

Either way, we would expect the bottom three to be relegated and the fourth to be in a playoff..out of the bottom seven after 26 games, doesn’t seem that fair. There would also be three tossed from the Championship, League One and (possibly) League Two.

The EPL is happy with two games a season versus four. Perhaps it’s time to realign to three leagues of 14 teams? Play twice (home/away), split and play twice (home/away) against your half of the table for a total of 38 games.. That’s 19 games at home for everyone. Top two up and next three play in playoff against third from bottom of league above. Bottom two down and third bottom to the playoff. The lowest team from the third division is in a playoff against the winner of the HL/LL playoff.

We realign by taking 1-14, 15-28 and 29-42 as the entrants in each division based upon current positions. This results in:

New Premier: Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United, Hamilton, Hearts, Hibs, ICT, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, Rangers, Ross County, St. Johnstone, St. Mirren.

New Championship: Airdrie, Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr, Dumbarton, Dundee, Dunfermline, East Fife, Falkirk, Greenock, Montrose, Partick, QoS, Raith.

New League: Albion, Annan, Brechin,  Clyde, Cove, Cowdenbeath, Edinburgh, Elgin, Forfar, Peterhead, Queen’s Park, Sterling Albion, Stenhousemuir, Stranraer.

Who gets hurt? One HL/LL team (this year) and Cove Rangers (sorry, nothing is perfect). Who wins. We do...two more games for most teams and more teams to see each year.

After finally getting out that bottom division after 10 years I think I'd have a mental breakdown if leagues were reconstructed for us to be in the bottom tier again. Get that idea in the sea

1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

After finally getting out that bottom division after 10 years I think I'd have a mental breakdown if leagues were reconstructed for us to be in the bottom tier again. Get that idea in the sea

Except that you’d likely claw out next year and be in the second division...

See this is what f**ks me off clubs are trying to survive and you get these mutants with this sh*te thinking its a conspiracy to help the other arsecheek that is Celtic:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/talk-of-14-team-league-leaves-rangers-chiefs-fuming/

Clubs are trying to survive and all they want to do if f**k everyone else over, should have just let these f*ckers go to the LL when they went tits up if they do this time no sympathy for them expel them from the league and let them start from the bottom.

56 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

See this is what f**ks me off clubs are trying to survive and you get these mutants with this sh*te thinking its a conspiracy to help the other arsecheek that is Celtic:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/talk-of-14-team-league-leaves-rangers-chiefs-fuming/

Clubs are trying to survive and all they want to do if f**k everyone else over, should have just let these f*ckers go to the LL when they went tits up if they do this time no sympathy for them expel them from the league and let them start from the bottom.

Would happily kick both teams out if it means everyone else can get on with things,  they're always the 2 clubs dragging their heels for their own interests at other clubs expense when they should, and generally do, have more resources than everyone else due to their fanbase numbers.

Edited by G_H

Hearing that the promotion places are going to be decided by average home attendance, in order to ensure financial stability in the coming years. Thus, Falkirk will be promoted to the Premiership.

Its not what we wanted but I think we can agree it's right and proper.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hearing that the promotion places are going to be decided by average home attendance, in order to ensure financial stability in the coming years. Thus, Falkirk will be promoted to the Premiership.

Its not what we wanted but I think we can agree it's right and proper.

Personally I dont agree with this, but like many other fans in this division, I will respect the decision made by our Governing Body.

I presume this sticks jobbing Raith Rovers in... League 1?

This is the problem with the old firm- because they are glory-hunting arseholes they think that every other football fan is too and we must support one of them as our ‘big team’ and therefor if something doesn’t suit them it’s because we favour the other one.

What we should do is award Celtic the league and 9-in-a-row.

Then kick them both out of the league. Celtic don’t get the chance for 10-in-a-row so that keeps Rangers happy.
They can compete in a bigots league and play each other 36 times a season.

We’ll promote two teams from every league and carry on as normal.

13 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

This is the problem with the old firm- because they are glory-hunting arseholes they think that every other football fan is too and we must support one of them as our ‘big team’ and therefor if something doesn’t suit them it’s because we favour the other one.

What we should do is award Celtic the league and 9-in-a-row.

Then kick them both out of the league. Celtic don’t get the chance for 10-in-a-row so that keeps Rangers happy.
They can compete in a bigots league and play each other 36 times a season.

We’ll promote two teams from every league and carry on as normal.

The problem we have in Scotland is Celgers being treated as more important than the entirety of the rest of the league. It's moments like this when they need to be put back into their box and told that they are not more important than 40 other clubs, but the governing bodies invariably fail at doing so.

Edited by G_H

4 minutes ago, G_H said:

The problem we have in Scotland is Celgers being treated as more important than the entirety of the rest of the league. It's moments like this when they need to be put back into their box and told that they are not more important than 40 other clubs, but the governing bodies invariably fail at doing so.

Sadly the Glasgow axis is seen by all the important people as being pivotal to the league structure in Scotland. The evidence of 2012 firmly nails this to the wall. TV income which trickles down to the the other 40 clubs is wholly dependent on at least 4 x league matches between Celtic/Rangers. There's no box to put them back in.

1 minute ago, Homer Sandoval said:

Sadly the Glasgow axis is seen by all the important people as being pivotal to the league structure in Scotland. The evidence of 2012 firmly nails this to the wall. TV income which trickles down to the the other 40 clubs is wholly dependent on at least 4 x league matches between Celtic/Rangers. There's no box to put them back in.

Completely understand that there's financial implications, but treating table scraps as golden handcuffs isn't going to help scottish football in the longer term. Sometimes it's better to just take the plunge and get on with it.

Let the glasgow 2 scramble around and find a league to play in that will take them. Best case is they will get into England where they will discover that they are smaller fish than they like to think they are.

5 minutes ago, G_H said:

Completely understand that there's financial implications, but treating table scraps as golden handcuffs isn't going to help scottish football in the longer term. Sometimes it's better to just take the plunge and get on with it.

Let the glasgow 2 scramble around and find a league to play in that will take them. Best case is they will get into England where they will discover that they are smaller fish than they like to think they are.

If clubs are going to go bust due to Covid 19, it'll happen in England too. They're also going to take a financial hit whatever happens. Never been a better time for the bigot sisters to come to the rescue of the English leagues with their "wealth off the radar" and their "best fans in the world".

18 minutes ago, G_H said:

Whilst your sentiment is correct, the reality is that it's not going to happen. Scottish football is tied into the Rangers/Celtic axis and it's never going to change.

On 14/03/2020 at 15:46, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Idea Number 37c

1. This season is written off having been overtaken by something more important.

2. No League Cup next season

3. Two leagues of 22 and 20 for one season only. Most teams are either

a. 'promoted' due to getting a season playing those in league above , or

b. in same league as they would have been. Teams that benefits are PTFC/Alloa/QOS and Brechin. 

c. Only potential losers are whoever would have come up from non-league e.g. Kelty which is a very limited downside overall.

4. Start next season in the two league set-up and finish with a reversion back to 12,10,10,10 with bottom of the pile playing LL/HL e.g. Kelty

We will all be so pleased to get football back and the novelty of it all means we can put up with it for 1 season. Teams in this year's championship and Div 2 get financial bump from playing those in Prem/Div 1 for a year.

Someone will no doubt point out a glaring gap in that.

Re: playing behind closed doors - what if stadium staff do not want to risk going to work? What if legions of the Green brigade turn up at the ground to 'celebrate' winning the league and their chums over the city take offence? Police and NHS have enough on their hands just now.

I still think this has merit as a way out. 1 year reconstruction to mitigate a massive issue. This season is done - we should move on. 

1 hour ago, Homer Sandoval said:

How about this one? Rangers (RIP) died, hopefully their reincarnation Sevco and Celtic go the same way? If only.

Image result for coffin