What happens if they ban large gatherings due to COVID-19?

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Wasn’t that about a pitch invasion / hooliganism? Surely that’s not an appropriate precedent in this case...

That's a matter of opinion.

You asked if a game had been abandoned and the result allowed to stand, I've given you an example. 

The season has to be completed even if it's not till August or even later. If necessary make next season a short one so long as the rules are made known before it starts, i.e. teams only play each other three times and no split in the Premiership.

The season has to be completed even if it's not till August or even later. If necessary make next season a short one so long as the rules are made known before it starts, i.e. teams only play each other three times and no split in the Premiership.

Why does it NEED to be completed?
This is a unique event so surely nothing is on or off the table?
Incidentally, I’d rather see Raith go up than no-one promoted, but it still would not be the right call. Maybe just as big an issue is that if you do, it means Thistle come down despite being within two points of QoS who have played a game more.
Surely opening up a legal minefield....

5 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Just continue the league tables next season and have a fuckin mega season where we've all played 56 games. 

First time I’ve heard that one, and what a beauty of an idea it is. Would be just excellent banter all round. All in 

You would have thought there would be a rule for ‘what happens if the league season cannot be completed?’

Football blazer types fucking love rules. That Jim Farry was always quoting them. The SPFL have let themselves down here. They should have rules to cover Martian Invasion, Epidemics, World War 3, Zombie Apocalypse and the likes. I blame that Neil Doncaster. It’s probably his fault.

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

nothing is on or off the table...
Incidentally, I’d rather see Raith go up than no-one promoted...

Cheers mate. Only thing we have to decide now is when the survivors can organise the league trophy presentation at Starks.

Falkirk can’t feel too aggrieved about missing out on promotion if we do go up as championships. Maybe if they’d beaten us even once this season they’d have a claim but they couldn’t even manage that.

To be honest winding up Falkirk Bairns aside I agree with Klopp on this one, who wins or loses the league is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Void the season, use current standings or finish it later are all small problems. This could drag on for months and how many clubs will be left by then? The players need paid and with no gate money at our level most clubs will be finished in months. Then there’s the summer when any player will be offloaded that’s out of contract to try and save the club. These lads aren’t millionaires some probably earn less than many of the fans and once they’re out of contract they’re unemployed as no club will sign them until this is over. It’s going to be a tough time for clubs, players and fans of every team.

And obviously Raith should get the title and promotion [emoji13]

5 hours ago, Curler said:

Wonder how the the sport pages will continue. Surely they can’t talk about the old firm for weeks on end or can they. Will the sport journalist have to earn a living by reporting on more newsworthy events or will they be made redundant?

I can confirm that I had a fairly major crisis today when, with just about 10 working hours to go until my deadline and with every page planned out, content in where needed, and spaces left for the content due in over the weekend - allowing for call offs and cancellations, I suddenly lost about three pages of sport and payment for covering the game tomorrow for the Sunday Mail.

It's easier for me working at a weekly, but I'll be working over the weekend on it - and there will be a lot more features until this all blows over.

The daily papers will have it tough. The daily locals will have it extra tough.

To be honest winding up Falkirk Bairns aside I agree with Klopp on this one, who wins or loses the league is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Void the season, use current standings or finish it later are all small problems. This could drag on for months and how many clubs will be left by then? The players need paid and with no gate money at our level most clubs will be finished in months. Then there’s the summer when any player will be offloaded that’s out of contract to try and save the club. These lads aren’t millionaires some probably earn less than many of the fans and once they’re out of contract they’re unemployed as no club will sign them until this is over. It’s going to be a tough time for clubs, players and fans of every team.

And obviously Raith should get the title and promotion [emoji13]

I think if you look at the Governments plans to delay the virus and that takes 10-14 weeks to peak, it suggests it’s double that to come back to where we are. That’s effectively September or October.
So, again, I cannot see how they can finish this season, and next season may also need to be shortened....