What happens if they ban large gatherings due to COVID-19?

1 minute ago, Scottydog said:

Ooooh can I play too?

A head to head basis?

All highly irrelevant but the the answer is the same amount that they've beaten us in the league this season, however in the 4 meetings in total so far this season we have beaten Falkirk once and they haven't beaten us at all.

I see Airdrie have a decent H2H record against Falkirk but I won't embarrass you by asking what your record against us is. 😉

I vote we decide the league on the top 4's games as a mini league, we'd still win it but be 7 points clear instead of just the 1.

I wasn't making a case for anything, it wasn't me that brought up the head to head as part of the criteria. Just pointing out that in the relevant competition neither side has beaten each other so to use the 'They haven't beaten us' reason as to why they shouldn't feel aggrieved is ridiculous. Despite Raith having 2 out of the 3 games at home they failed to beat them, if anything that suggests Falkirk have actually had the better of the head to head this season.

Beating them in a different competition that no-one tries in when they didn't bother playing a full strength team is completely irrelevant to the league.

I still think theres scope to play the games behind closed doors, even if it's two a week. That would allow the season to finish, games to be broadcast live and prize money paid out.

Millions of other people are working away, coming into contact with numerous people, and trying to go about their lives as normal as possible. Footballers shouldn't be any different, and as far as I'm aware they are no more at risk than the rest of us.  If anyone gets a serious injury during a game, phone an ambulance like the rest of us would if we were injured during work, so theres no unnecessary strain put on emergency services.

If a player tests positive they sit it out for a couple of weeks, similar to having a minor injury. The rest of the squad are tested and if all clear theres no reason why a game cant go ahead.  

11 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I wasn't making a case for anything, it wasn't me that brought up the head to head as part of the criteria. Just pointing out that in the relevant competition neither side has beaten each other so to use the 'They haven't beaten us' reason as to why they shouldn't feel aggrieved is ridiculous. Despite Raith having 2 out of the 3 games at home they failed to beat them, if anything that suggests Falkirk have actually had the better of the head to head this season.

Beating them in a different competition that no-one tries in when they didn't bother playing a full strength team is completely irrelevant to the league.

fair do's if I were a fan in Falkirk's position I'd be raging too but I honestly don't think it'll come to that.

Our H2H record against Falkirk is odd as they were cruising in the 1st game at Starks then holding on as we came back at them, in the other 2 games they have been fairly robust against us (or to put in another way hacking basturts!) and scraped a point in both.

Your assumption about a 2nd string Falkirk side in the cup game wasn't right though, they were 75-80% full strength (as were we) but just played pish!

Edited by Scottydog

3 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I agree, it wasn't me who said the record was relevant, I am arguing it is irrelevant!

Only a game so have a drink chill take the opportunity to start summer football create 2 leagues of 18 let the "elite" in the premier get on with it have another drink and chill sorted.♦️

3 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Only a game so have a drink chill take the opportunity to start summer football create 2 leagues of 18 let the "elite" in the premier get on with it have another drink and chill sorted.♦️

Too sensible!

F off and find somewhere else to peddle this kind of wisdom!

If I was in Raith's shoes I honestly wouldn't want to be awarded the league based on current standings. I think it shows what happens after 3 seasons in league one does, that you'd do anything to get out.

It's down to two options in that it will be null and void or await to finish the season, the first one won't be popular but is more popular than current standings which I think has no chance of happening.

Honestly i think if this drags on the leagues will stand as is, is that the right decision? who knows but if we were in Falkirk or Airdrie's position i'd be unhappy.  I expect the Home Nations FA's to agree to all do the same as each other unless they're directed to do different by UEFA.  They'll all be praying this is gone soon and we can just finish the season. With the exception of this league the winners are pretty much a foregone conclusion.  I think the SFA and SPFL will take the cowardly option and let the EPL call their league with Liverpool as champions as virtually no one in England will dispute that was inevitable and Liverpool will throw their teddies if they're denied it after 30 years of waiting.  The SPFL will follow suit and award Celtic the title citing the FAs decision as their reason.  The only question would then be the playoffs which would probably be one leg at the start of next season.  

Edited by San Starko Rover

Honestly i think if this drags on the leagues will stand as is, is that the right decision? who knows but if we were in Falkirk or Airdrie's position i'd be unhappy.  I expect the Home Nations FA's to agree to all do the same as each other unless they're directed to do different by UEFA.  They'll all be praying this is gone soon and we can just finish the season. With the exception of this league the winners are pretty much a foregone conclusion.  I think the SFA and SPFL will take the cowardly option and let the EPL call their league with Liverpool as champions as virtually no one in England will dispute that was inevitable and Liverpool will throw their teddies if they're denied it after 30 years of waiting.  The SPFL will follow suit and award Celtic the title siting the FAs decision as their reason.  The only question would then be the playoffs which would probably be one leg at the start of next season.  

I’d accept Raith Rovers going up if the play offs were confirmed once the worst of this virus is over, involving the clubs in current league positions, assuming that it’s not planned to complete the remaining league fixtures.

Not sure that everyone would agree with that though, especially Partick Thistle....

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d accept Raith Rovers going up if the play offs were confirmed once the worst of this virus is over, involving the clubs in current league positions, assuming that it’s not planned to complete the remaining league fixtures.

Not sure that everyone would agree with that though, especially Partick Thistle....

Genuinely don't think there's any right answer to this one and i think we're all glad it's not our call.  I guess we can only wait and see what they announce and then moan about it on here.  Be a shame if the season is done as it's been a really tight battle between us and could have been a sell out at TFS.  

I don't want to win the league by default. Frankly, I want to win it at Falkirk on the last day. 

However, this situation is fucking mental.  I would rather a winner is called than voiding over three quarters of a season.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Genuinely don't think there's any right answer to this one and i think we're all glad it's not our call.  I guess we can only wait and see what they announce and then moan about it on here.  Be a shame if the season is done as it's been a really tight battle between us and could have been a sell out at TFS.  

Whilst every club in the league's mathematically can finish out with their current position, I can't see anyone bar 4 clubs at the top of each league accepting current positions as final.

It will be null and void or finish the season, the latter being the acceptable position and the null and void being more manageable than current positions.

I know our governing body has made the rules up week to week throughout their tenure but isn't there a league rule that states the league is contested over a set number of games before a ball is kicked. Team(s) can be exempt if they go bust/admin or sacked from said league.

I personally think the fixtures will be fulfilled or at least hope they are.

Lets just hope this thing all blows over & we can get back to playing the remaining fixtures in a reasonable timescale.

Shelve the Scottish cup semis until the Autumn. Do away with the league cup for a year (or revert it back to a knock out for 1 season only).

Can't the transfer window be altered, so a player cant play elsewhere before the season 2019/20 fixtures are completed?

As for Celtic's 9 in a row quest, if this season is void, surely next season would be the 9th etc

No option would suit every party, lets just hope things aren't as bad as first feared.

I don't want to win the league by default. Frankly, I want to win it at Falkirk on the last day. 
However, this situation is fucking mental.  I would rather a winner is called than voiding over three quarters of a season.

E3A4614B-6445-49F6-B977-2BDCB609FCFD-21604-0000348CC1425216.jpg

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

If I was in Raith's shoes I honestly wouldn't want to be awarded the league based on current standings. I think it shows what happens after 3 seasons in league one does, that you'd do anything to get out.

A perspective from someone in Raiths shoes,i,d happily accept winning the league based on current standings 😂 😉 and pretty sure if shoe was on the offer foot it would be happily accepted

A perspective from someone in Raiths shoes,i,d happily accept winning the league based on current standings [emoji23] [emoji6] and pretty sure if shoe was on the offer foot it would be happily accepted

My feeling are that you’d fucking take it and the promotion also. Yes, it would always be and feel like a bit of a “tainted” title and no doubt an asterisk would be next to our name in the history books in terms of the honour awarded but its a damn sight better than the alternative option.