What happens if they ban large gatherings due to COVID-19?

42 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Others have answered but since you asked me...

Because anything else would be unfair. If you void the season it penalises clubs like Dundee United, who are so far ahead that realistically they have no chance of being caught. (Celtic too but nobody cares about them.) If you declare current positions to be final then it's unfair on teams like Hearts, who could argue that they had every chance of overtaking the teams above them and to relegate them with games outstanding is out of the question.

Yes, in the wide picture there are more important things to worry about but this is essentially a football forum so that's the topic under discussion.

Image result for francis urquhart gif

9 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Having thought about it overnight and discussed it with colleages, I think the only fair solution is what has been mooted by some others already;

Promote the top two from each division.

No relegation.

Backfill the space in league two with the HL and LL champions.

Season starts again in August as normal with the exception of the Premiership which now has two extra teams.

Take the premier split after two rounds of fixtures (26 games) and then play a further two rounds after the split (12 games).  Only problem being one team will have a free weekend each week as there are an odd number of teams in each half of the league.

Celtic won't be happy as they may not be crowned champions.  Hibs won't be happy as Hearts won't be relegated.

It should suit nearly everyone else- there are no cases where the 3rd/4th place teams are really close to the top two.  Yes in league one there is a chance of Airdie/East Fife/ Montrose coming second but chanes of them gaining promotion?  Slim.

Not ideal but probably the best all-round solution.

You make that sound like a bad thing...

1 hour ago, speedframe said:

Hard for many folk to admit, but Ernie Walker and Jim Farry as administrators of our game were far better than the recent incumbents.

Farry in particular took a lot of unfair criticism I think. He genuinely seemed to care for all clubs.

Aye, but Farry didnt have to deal with anything out of the ordinary. This is out of the ordinary.

Dickie Davies, We go over to the Pools Panel which is hosted by Brian Moore.

BM, thanks Dickie here are the results for Scottish League 1

Malcolm Allison, we all agree that Clyde will have shagged Stranraer 4-0

BM, thanks Malcolm, a bit less graphic next time though.

Derek Duggan, a unanimous decision, East Fife pumped 4-0 by Montrose

BM, thanks Derek you cheeky Leprechaun

Jack Charlton, everyone agrees, Forfar 1-1 Airdrieonians

BM, thanks you boring c**t

Pat Crerand, without a doubt, Peterhead 0-2 Raith Rovers

BM, tight at the top, the next result could decide the league

Brian Clough, young man

BM, what me?

BC, yes fucking you, there is no fucking way that Raith Rovers will surrender top spot, Dumbarton 10- 1 Falkirk

BC, just give them the fucking title now

BC, I do appreciate the money from the pools panel but to sit next to that smelly c**t Allison week in, week out does my tits in, just give them the title.

*screen wipes to the ITV Sport logo and then to adverts*

My fave ideas so far - 

1. Falkirk v Raith playoff behind closed doors, with both teams in big comedy foam suits like 'Its a Knockout' but with added air tanks.  Live on BT Sport. 

2. The return of Quizball.  All 10 clubs in League 1 put up their team of 4 eggheads, and play out their remaining fixtures on general knowledge, sport, tv soaps and spelling. 

3. Lee Miller v John McGlynn play Swingshot from Gladiators for the Championship. 

My fave ideas so far - 
1. Falkirk v Raith playoff behind closed doors, with both teams in big comedy foam suits like 'Its a Knockout' but with added air tanks.  Live on BT Sport. 
2. The return of Quizball.  All 10 clubs in League 1 put up their team of 4 eggheads, and play out their remaining fixtures on general knowledge, sport, tv soaps and spelling. 
3. Lee Miller v John McGlynn play Swingshot from Gladiators for the Championship. 

Absolutely not as Bene would obviously be captain and he shouldn’t be near any sort of general knowledge quiz

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Only problem being one team will have a free weekend each week as there are an odd number of teams in each half of the league.

That was the situation in the old Division Two between Third Lanark going tits-up and Meadowbank Thistle being elected. Didn't seem too much of a problem back then, or maybe nobody gave a toss because it didn't affect the bigot brothers.

Had a wee google for precedents. The 2019 season in Chile finished 6 games early due to social unrest. The team at the top of the Premier division were named champions. There was no promotion or relegation from other leagues and the team at the top of thier championship were not named champions of that league.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world/chile-protests-chilean-primera-division-universidad-catolica-latest-update-champions-league-season-a9227411.html

16 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

If a football game gets abandoned after the 75th minute mark then the score remains. Therefore with the football season being over 75% of the way through it then surely it would only be fair to call it(going by that logic anyway).

75 minutes isn't 75% of 90.

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

He had to deal with collective national meltdown following Di's death and he was absolutely destroyed by the media in the process.

He had to reschedule an international match after being told by representatives of the monarchy to carry on as per original date.

Of course, certain members of the Scotland squad refused to play on the day of Princess Diana's funeral , making his position very difficult.

Not as difficult as the Cadete caper. 

Anyway, a mere bagatelle in comparison to coronavirus.

36 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Scrap the league cup next season and fit the end of the this season into the when the group games and pre season would be. 

My initial thoughts were similar to this- I thought resume this season when it is safe to do so (August? October? Who knows).  Have a short break and then start the following seaosn but just have half a season.

However, the problem with that is that you then have potentially a different squad of players for each team- maybe your best player signs for another team, maybe you can poach a big name on a short term deal to get you over the line.  Far too many complications I think.

If they can't get the remaining fixtures played by June when most players go out of contract then I don't think there's any realistic way of completing this season.

Did it take 7 years for them to find out about Rangers being liquidated?