What happens if they ban large gatherings due to COVID-19?

7 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

This is the perfect time to move to summer fitbaw. Pause the game for a few months. Restart in August then finish the season in November before starting the new season in February or March. 

Stick summer football up your arse.

Saw this about German League online not sure if theirs any truth in it but could it be an option? No relegation and top 2 in each division promoted, with both HL and LL promoting one. Next season whenever that is increased relegation to reset it back to normal, season might even need to be play each other x 3 as I doubt it’ll start on time.

Prem - No one relegated
Champ - DUFC/ICTFC promoted
L1 - RRFC / Falkirk promoted
L2 - Cove / Edinburgh promoted
HL / LL Brora / Kelty Promoted

Only other option is season null and void and everyone stays where they are, I don’t see how you can declare champions in leagues with games to go or relegate teams. IMG_1376.thumb.jpg.2672f498b74c6a91a1b151d9f395bca3.jpg

Works for me.

This is the perfect time to move to summer fitbaw. Pause the game for a few months. Restart in August then finish the season in November before starting the new season in February or March. 

I mentioned this in another thread and got absolutely ripped to shreds for it.

Yeah it’s not perfect but I still think summer football is a good idea.

The majority in here appear not to agree though.

Saw this about German League online not sure if theirs any truth in it but could it be an option? No relegation and top 2 in each division promoted, with both HL and LL promoting one. Next season whenever that is increased relegation to reset it back to normal, season might even need to be play each other x 3 as I doubt it’ll start on time.

Prem - No one relegated

Only other option is season null and void and everyone stays where they are, I don’t see how you can declare champions in leagues with games to go or relegate teams. IMG_1376.thumb.jpg.2672f498b74c6a91a1b151d9f395bca3.jpg

Why is it ok to reward teams by promotion based on 3/4 of a season but not relegate bottom teams in similar circumstances. Brechin and Stranraer are both pretty much tied on to finish last in their respective leagues.

Aye that sounds shite. Either this season's a bogey and we start again once the virus is gone or we just decide to do 1up/1down or 2up/2down based on latest standings.

McGlynn's getting himself in some wee state about it though.

6 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Prem - No one relegated

Only other option is season null and void and everyone stays where they are, I don’t see how you can declare champions in leagues with games to go or relegate teams

A season without winners and losers is a waste. Too many times in the past the suits have saved their favourites.  All the teams at the foot of their tables have been gash for most of the season and there should be no arguments.

Or you Could Give Celtic the league and relegate Hearts. Promote Dundee Utd, relegate QoS. In the important league, promote promote RR and have Falkirk play Thistle behind closed doors. Relegate Stranraer and have play off with Forfar and Edin City. From L2 promote Cove and have play off from closed doors HL / LL winner playing Brechin in closed door.

Don't want this to happen as I think we will be exposed to more danger by going on bus / train in everyday life, but we could arrange these play offs starting next week.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

I mentioned this in another thread and got absolutely ripped to shreds for it.

Yeah it’s not perfect but I still think summer football is a good idea.

The majority in here appear not to agree though.

It's not only a majority in here or in the stands though, ask any player in Scotland if they're happy taking their "summer" holiday in January.

Just read that McGlynn interview, what a diddy. Making up his own rules of "who's been top the longest". Shut the goddamn hell up. 

He only uses that as reasoning should Falkirk have played more games than us come the 28th.
Rent free in your head though.

Why is it ok to reward teams by promotion based on 3/4 of a season but not relegate bottom teams in similar circumstances. Brechin and Stranraer are both pretty much tied on to finish last in their respective leagues.

So you want to potentially eject Brechin from the league based on a health emergency rather than deservedly/objectively based on results? Doubt that would survive judicial review.

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

So you want to potentially eject Brechin from the league based on a health emergency rather than deservedly/objectively based on results? Doubt that would survive judicial review.

And of course the fact that Brechin aren't automatically relegated should they finish last.

Would like to see all teams do what EFTV has done and introduce subscription for live games, should they move to playing behind closed doors. The restriction on UK fans watching live should be lifted for the duration of the Covid19 crisis.
This would at least bring in some revenue for the clubs, who will take a hit financially.
I suppose the alternative to closed door games is simply to postpone them but for how long?
That option could be more disruptive and unworkable, should the situation continue beyond a few weeks.
It would be good if the SPFL could help clubs deal with the financial repercussions of this through allowing live streaming of games on pay per view basis.
The issue of the 3pm Saturday blackout is an easy one to get around. If there's no fans there, just make all games 12:30 or 5:15 kick offs.

Can't see games going ahead though, even behind closed doors.

The issue of the 3pm Saturday blackout is an easy one to get around. If there's no fans there, just make all games 12:30 or 5:15 kick offs.

Can't see games going ahead though, even behind closed doors.
Can't see the players being particularly happy to keep playing. Especially at this level were it isn't their main source of income.

It seems to be passing quickly amongst players due to all the physical contact, dressing rooms etc. Can't see them been happy to increase their chance of getting then having to self isolate for two weeks and take time off work.

14 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

f**k that. Square go.

Lee Miller & David McCracken against the lot of ye.

Falkirk Scottish Premiership Champions 2019/20

14 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Get the managers of all the teams involved in promotion and relegation together at Hampden in front of 499 fans  for a game of rock,paper,scissors, to decide final places

14 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

f**k that. Square go.

Lee Miller & David McCracken against the lot of ye.

Falkirk Scottish Premiership Champions 2019/20

Beauty contest surely?

50 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I don't think they should do this, but it obviously would be based on results. The results so far have them well adrift at the bottom of the league.