What happens if they ban large gatherings due to COVID-19?

Uefa should postpone Euro 2020 until next summer. Leaving time over this summer to play out the remainder of this domestic season.
If this season can't be fulfilled, make every game from when the competition is suspended a 0-0 draw, scrap the play offs & just have top team promoted, bottom team relegated? Don't declare it nul and void!

Unacceptable to promote or relegate teams based on a partially completed season.

Agreed that EFTV do a great job, and they are always very professional when we are playing them.
Can't speak for other teams, but everyone (including me) commits their time to RaithTV voluntarily. We can stream at home because we have the technical set up there and the knowledgeable volunteers able to attend those games.
Away games are a different story. There can be various issues. To name but a few... volunteer availability (work/family commitments clashing with travel times), a lack of space for commentators to be close to our camera (something that would be necessary for our streaming set up), no power points and (crucially) no stable internet connections near the camera position. What ones apply, if any, vary depending on the ground.
To be fair though, it is understandable why this is the situation. In addition to getting the technical knowledge, fixing some of these problems can be expensive for a club and they are likely working with limited resources - so they are quite rightly more concerned with investing in their teams first and foremost. 
Like everyone else, I have no idea about what will happen if the scenario were to occur, but we will try to do what we can within any SPFL rules and what we have available.

THIS
The biggest hurdle for away games is the internet availability. We use a dongle & on the whole it is more than adequate but can still be temperamental . At Clyde in August it was perfect, in January was awful but the opposite at Falkirk.
One of our media team is away this week so it will be down to me to make sure the stream works & in truth I’m bricking it! Got a full list of do’s & dont’s to go thru so it will be an early start on Saturday. Fingers crossed.
I’m not sure if it is possible for the Spfl to just allow live streaming of every game within the UK as there are UEFA rules & legalities as well as broadcasting partners to satisfy. Perhaps it could be done but won’t happen overnight.

It surely can't be that bad that 1000's of Athletico Madrid supporters were allowed to travel from Madrid, (a City highly infected) to Liverpool so they could watch a bunch of men kick a bag of air about. It seems absolute madness during a pandemic where theres still no vaccine that this was allowed to happen. Priorities ffs

2 hours ago, Brummo said:

I am out of the country but I am seething than that the Rangers v. Bayer-Leverkusen match will involve fans travelling to Glasgow from one of the most heavily affected areas in Germany.

I don't like Rangers very much but I particularly take exception to the club significantly advancing the spread of Covid19 by allowing this match to take place as normal.

This is absolute folly, surely?

Can anything be done to stop it?

I believe clubs are just following government advice. If Rangers haven't been advised to play the game behind closed doors or postpone it then they'e not going to.

Talking to a mad Rangers fan (is there any other kind) at work yesterday about the away leg of their Europa tie being behind closed doors.
He is intending travelling with his “Neeburs” to Germany anyway as it should be “ a bit of a laugh and a gid piss up”.
This brain donor is a member of the Senior Management Team.
I need a new job.

17 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Talking to a mad Rangers fan (is there any other kind) at work yesterday about the away leg of their Europa tie being behind closed doors.
He is intending travelling with his “Neeburs” to Germany anyway as it should be “ a bit of a laugh and a gid piss up”.
This brain donor is a member of the Senior Management Team.
I need a new job.

You and I must work for the same company. My boss has just said almost the same thing. 

I see Ireland has put restrictions in place such that public gatherings of more than 500 are banned from 6pm tonight. They have also closed all Schools and Colleges for two weeks.

With our Government meeting to discuss this afternoon it’s looking increasingly likely that similar plans will emerge....

It would appear that closed door matches may be inevitable. Surely the right call in the circumstances but devastating to clubs for loss of income. What then for the wee outfits who live hand to mouth? 

I think all of the teams in our league fall into that bracket.

Surely if they’re going to cancel the league it needs to be from when everyone had played everyone an equal amount of times? ie after 27 games?

I said exactly that in the top of the league thread.
Falkirk fan wasn’t happy as we’d have had more home games against them for example.
So do you go back to half way? Everyone has played everyone else home and away.

Still fine from a Rovers point of view.

Certainly not fair to call a halt after e.g. 30 games when some teams may have played ‘harder’ teams and other may have played the ‘easier’ teams more.

Where have they pulled this figure of 500 from?

Probably thin air.

At Starks Park, with our average gate, you could easily position people to sit with three or four seats empty to either side of you and never come into contact with anyone. Why we would need to ‘cancel’ is ludicrous.