What happens if they ban large gatherings due to COVID-19?

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:
1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:
Some real complex rational thought gone into that I see....

I can guarantee my idea will be infinitely more sensible that anything the SPFL comes up with.

Now there is a famous tonic wine that is frequently utilized in Airdrie may not be a cure but a glass or 7 could take the edge off and fans would not worry about attending games ♦️

France and Germany seem to be using the no public gatherings of more than 1000 people so Airdrie would be fine. The only games we are likely to play in front of more than that are away to Falkirk and Raith and our team may play better in a closed door environment against them. Bring it on I say.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:
3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:
Some real complex rational thought gone into that I see....

I can guarantee my idea will be infinitely more sensible that anything the SPFL comes up with.

Donald Trump could probably come up with a better idea than the SPFL.

Onto topic they were talking about it at the weekend on off the ball and one of the suggestions was to set it up like the pools to decide home win/away win etc 

Falkirk and Raith  to automatically concede all remaining fixtures 0-3 and enjoy another season playing with their buckets and spades while the Mo dance their way to the title IMO

Is it just me that thinks that it’s a disgrace that the government is not taking any action just now?

If you are going to take action, do it now before the numbers increase. Waiting another 2-3 weeks will be too late, and we will end up with a worse situation than Italy due to poor governance and procrastination...

3 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Now there is a famous tonic wine that is frequently utilized in Airdrie may not be a cure but a glass or 7 could take the edge off and fans would not worry about attending games ♦️

Aye, after 7 glasses of Buckie, most of them will be in hospital anyway....

Is it just me that thinks that it’s a disgrace that the government is not taking any action just now?
If you are going to take action, do it now before the numbers increase. Waiting another 2-3 weeks will be too late, and we will end up with a worse situation than Italy due to poor governance and procrastination...

I find it a bit strange that the official line being given is that the specific evidence is that risk of infection is low from attending a sporting event, but countries everywhere else are cancelling or playing behind closed doors.
If it gets bad here then there will be a lot of questions to answer.

54 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I agree . 

Uefa should postpone Euro 2020 until next summer. Leaving time over this summer to play out the remainder of this domestic season.

If this season can't be fulfilled, make every game from when the competition is suspended a 0-0 draw, scrap the play offs & just have top team promoted, bottom team relegated? Don't declare it nul and void!

Sensible thing to do would be for all clubs with over 1000 STs to play their games behind closed doors and the smaller clubs only have their games open to ST Holders.

All SPFL games should be Livestreamed (not incredibly difficult to do nowadays) - Free to ST Holders and at a fee of £8-10 per game for non ST Holders.

12 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Donald Trump could probably come up with a better idea than the SPFL.

Onto topic they were talking about it at the weekend on off the ball and one of the suggestions was to set it up like the pools to decide home win/away win etc 

A Coronavirus panel?. Let me see.........who could possibly sit on it?

Kris Boyd for starters. Steven Thomson. Kris Commons.

I'm sure you can see the pattern.........

17 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

A Coronavirus panel?. Let me see.........who could possibly sit on it?

Kris Boyd for starters. Steven Thomson. Kris Commons.

I'm sure you can see the pattern.........

Half them cant call a predictor right for games on a Saturday in fact they pretty much nothing about the game outside the OF, so the chances of them getting any of them right, i mean if that had sat last week how do you think the Sevco v Accies game would have been predicted you just know they would have had that one down for a home win.

12 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

A wee secret - Tories don't care if Joe Bloggs dies of a viral infection. They just want to pretend they've got a hold on things without actually doing anything. See Matt Hancock blatantly lying on TV by saying they'd been in contact with supermarkets about supply and demand and within minutes the supermarkets had come out and said they hadn't heard a fucking thing. They are incompetent arseholes who only care for themselves.

7 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Sensible thing to do would be for all clubs with over 1000 STs to play their games behind closed doors and the smaller clubs only have their games open to ST Holders.

All SPFL games should be Livestreamed (not incredibly difficult to do nowadays) - Free to ST Holders and at a fee of £8-10 per game for non ST Holders.

Do season tickets come with a coronavirus cure?