Hibernian v St Johnstone, 14/03/20

Huge game. Possibly a win more crucial for Saints with Celtic and Rangers both away being 2 of our final 4 pre-split matches.

Last season during our post winter collapse, Hibs came to Perth and came from behind with ten men to win and pull ahead of us in the race for sixth.  The previous time Hibs were slightly ahead of Saints going into a big match in the battle for sixth place a few games before the split? ..

Saints ragdolled the Hibees so badly that they never recovered from the mental scars, and barely won another match all season.  They eventually finished second bottom, only Hearts below them, and were relegated through the play-offs.  Aficionados of the Wotherspoon 'chop' may wish to forward to 7:15 in the clip below.

Hopefully a big noisy drunken away support down from Perthshire, the team deserve it for the run we're on.  Choo choo.  A late winner for Saints in front of the away fans with absolute carnage as the entire Saints support ends up on the track, and all eleven players end up in the stand...

47 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Struggling to give a shite

This is the spirit we are looking for. 

Another huge game for us. We seem to have the momentum in terms of results although the players have looked a bit jaded in the last couple of games. 

3-5-2 again for me with the only change being Holt out for Wotherspoon. 

St Johnstone to score a late goal from a set piece. Absolute stick on.

Can the battle for 6th place actually have this classed as a “big game”? Two average as f**k mid table sides. Should be fun. 

Edited by Zing.

Hibs fans seem right up for this one. 

I think this'll be one of our bigger crowds at Easter Road for a while - hopefully the performances from the respective teams reflect the mood of their fans.

14 hours ago, Kyle said:

This is the spirit we are looking for. 

Another huge game for us. We seem to have the momentum in terms of results although the players have looked a bit jaded in the last couple of games. 

3-5-2 again for me with the only change being Holt out for Wotherspoon. 

It's the spirit our last few performances deserve.. 

So, Hibs up for chucking this so they can, finally, host a successful "relegation party" against Hearts?

Pump them in the Semis, relegate them and get some form of pride back.

9 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m saving my pennies for Scotland Israel...but I don’t think that’s going to go ahead. This game is tempting.

Get to our glorious capital,  f**k Glasgow.  Sexy Saints followed by either a 90s festival on in liquid room or a ska band on in stramash. Forget the strippers,  they're gash.

Zander

Kerr      Gordon       McCart

Wright McCann  Butcher Spoony  Tanser

Hendry  May

Seems like our strongest team right now and should be a lot sharper after a decent rest. Main threats seem to be Doige and clever work by Allan, so a solid back 3 with 3 midfielders that can track runs and defend should help contain that. Omeyonga could be a handful but he seems less effective than last time he was on loan? Boyle running at Tanser is a worry but expect McCart and Wotherspoon to step in. Hopefully see plenty of Kerr getting forward again.

I’m liking the options that we have with Craig and Holt easily able to play in that midfield, Spoony able to play wing back for at least some of the game and MOH able to come into any attacking position and cause trouble. Davidson another option? Probably too soon.

3 nil Saints. Hendry then May with a penalty, Kerr with a nod in at the back post in the 98th minute. Hendry to get carded for an over exuberant celebration in a completely empty stadium.

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Get Tanser out that side.

He wasn’t half as bad against Livi, but swap him for Booth or even Wotherspoon (bring Craig into inside left).

Yep, would like that tbh.

Like Booth as a LB but worry that he would sit too deep as a wing back and let Boyle have too much space.

18 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Get Tanser out that side.

If Tommy decided to play the three Central defenders he also decides to play Tanser. If there was ever a game to not play Tanser at wing back was against Celtic but he still didn't leave him out. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.