ICT v QOS. An epic midweek journey for no return

30 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The title of the thread demonstrates why Willie Harkness, Chairman of both QOS and the SFA, kept Inverness teams out of Scottish Senior Football. 

Ah! Willie Harkness, surely a man ahead of his time.  Of course, in reality, I would say the wording of the title is pretty apparent and  expresses the view that this will be a match that Queens will  head home with nothing to show for it.

Kudos to John Robertson, about the only Manager who gives fair and balanced comment about games in his after-match summaries. I'm rather afraid that after this one if asked if his side felt threatened at any time during the match,  he will simply burst out in uncontrollable laughter.   

Not quite sure how the fixtures work out that this will be the 4th game in 10 days for a few clubs. 
The league is small enough to make sure this doesn’t need to happen.

How the league seriously expect Queens fans to have the money and time to travel to Inverness after Partick and Dunfermline away is a joke.

Then to bring the Ayr game forward to Friday !!!!! 🖕⚽⚽

3 hours ago, SueSue said:

Not quite sure how the fixtures work out that this will be the 4th game in 10 days for a few clubs. 
The league is small enough to make sure this doesn’t need to happen.

How the league seriously expect Queens fans to have the money and time to travel to Inverness after Partick and Dunfermline away is a joke.

Then to bring the Ayr game forward to Friday !!!!! 🖕⚽⚽

Its a piece of nonsense that with still about 6 or 7 available midweeks we are being made to travel to Inverness ahead of a Friday tv game. You cannot reason with them though.

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its a piece of nonsense that with still about 6 or 7 available midweeks we are being made to travel to Inverness ahead of a Friday tv game. You cannot reason with them though.

You're probably right.

I'd prefer that Johnston didn't bleat about it in his interview though.  He's creating an even more negative vibe going into the games, and providing our gutless players with a ready made excuse for what ensues.

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The right Glasgow based clubs can in fairness.......
Has the ICT defence essentially collapsed since Coll Donaldson left? When we played you there was a fragility i haven't seen in an Inverness side before. 

Has the ICT defence essentially collapsed since Coll Donaldson left? When we played you there was a fragility i haven't seen in an Inverness side before. 
Based on what I've personally seen, Donaldson would be in Championship 11. Always surprised when he gets slated. He maybe saved his best performances for us.

28 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Whilst Donaldson was a good defender for us McCart was the bigger loss. A CB pairing of McCart and Donaldson was arguably the best in the division. We now have McHattie (meh), McKay (FFS) and Toshney (injured shock). As a result we've been porous to say the least. Alloa took us to pieces on Saturday and could have scored 5 or 6.

Edited by RiG

You won't be so troubled tomorrow night,  we don't play with anything like the same intensity or workrate as Alloa.  Johnston seems quite happy to allow the opposition to play out from the back instead of pressing further up the park,  although tbf we got an early goal on Saturday by attacking with a bit of intent. That's more the exception than the rule though. 

I remember being at a great game at Inverness mid way through 2 seasons ago when our wing backs won the game at the death. This year the fixture congestion means I have to miss out.  we have tightened up so another point would be a result  Good luck Queens