Peterhead vs Raith Rovers

4 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Explain..?

There’s talk of the league seasons being cancelled on Monday. therefore, winning this will ensure we stay top going into whatever decision they came up with next week.

With pretty much a whole quarter to go, I doubt being top or bottom or anywhere ,is going to matter.

If the authorities were to say that the league positions are final, do you think the clubs still in with a chance of their respective league are going to accept that?

If the powers were to come to that decision , it could end up becoming a legal matter.

It will be interesting to see what such an inept body does come up with.

With pretty much a whole quarter to go, I doubt being top or bottom or anywhere ,is going to matter.
If the authorities were to say that the league positions are final, do you think the clubs still in with a chance of their respective league are going to accept that?
If the powers were to come to that decision , it could end up becoming a legal matter.
It will be interesting to see what such an inept body does come up with.

At the same time, do you think clubs who have spent a shit load of money putting together teams to compete for their leagues and are close to winning them being told to go again for next season in the same league minus all the money they’ve spent.

Or the fans who have travelled the country, spent a lot of money following their team being told that we’ve done it for f**k all this year.

7 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

At the same time, do you think clubs who have spent a shit load of money putting together teams to compete for their leagues and are close to winning them being told to go again for next season in the same league minus all the money they’ve spent.

Or the fans who have travelled the country, spent a lot of money following their team being told that we’ve done it for f**k all this year.

You're top of league one on Monday. The SPFL/SFA say you're champions and getting the spot in the championship.

Do you think Falkirk, East Fife and  Aitdrie are going to say that's fine?

Partick are going to say they're o.k. with getting relegated with a possible 24 points still to play for

As for the fans following their team? That will not be a concern on any decision made.

IMHO, of course.

You're top of league one on Monday. The SPFL/SFA say you're champions and getting the spot in the championship.
Partick are going to say they're o.k. with getting relegated with a possible 24 points still to play for
As for the fans following their team? That will not be a concern on any decision made.
IMHO, of course.
What about montrose?

IMHO, of course.

Of course it’s not fair.

But it’s more fair than no promotion or relegation, IMO.

9 hours ago, grumswall said:
9 hours ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:
IMHO, of course.

What about montrose?

What about Montrose?

He was a bloody good guitar player.

8 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Of course it’s not fair.

But it’s more fair than no promotion or relegation, IMO.

Is it?

Trying not to labour the point, but is it fair on those teams still in with a chance of gaining automatic promotion?

Let's say RR lose or draw tomorrow, and Falkirk win to top the league.  On Monday the authorities announce Falkirk as league winners, you would be happy with that?

Is it?
Trying not to labour the point, but is it fair on those teams still in with a chance of gaining automatic promotion?
Let's say RR lose or draw tomorrow, and Falkirk win to top the league.  On Monday the authorities announce Falkirk as league winners, you would be happy with that?

I totally get where you are coming from mate.

And no, I absolutely would not be happy with that.

But the end result would be another year in this abyss of a league for Rovers.
If there was no promotion or relegation then the end result would be the same.

At least in that case we could say that the endeavour of all 10 teams over 29 games meant something.
And I’d grudgingly admit that the best team over 29 games was Falkirk.

Is it?

On my phone at the minute, so can’t see it but who do you support?

If the league gets suspended and there’s no realistic chance of finishing it then I’d rather whoever was top at that moment gets promoted than the whole season be scrapped as if it’s never happened.  Even if that means it’s Falkirk.  Then play the play-offs when football returns before you move onto the next season. 

No solution is ever going to be 100% fair, but we’ve got over two-thirds of a season to use as an indication of who deserves to go up. That’s better than just saying everybody stays down. 

Edited by roverthemoon

29 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

On my phone at the minute, so can’t see it but who do you support?

My username is ( almost ) a clue. Peterhead. I have no vested interest in who wins the league, obviously.  

I'm simply thinking the money men who own/run football clubs wont be thinking the same as yourself on promotion/ relegation.

34 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I totally get where you are coming from mate.

And no, I absolutely would not be happy with that.

But the end result would be another year in this abyss of a league for Rovers.
If there was no promotion or relegation then the end result would be the same.

At least in that case we could say that the endeavour of all 10 teams over 29 games meant something.
And I’d grudgingly admit that the best team over 29 games was Falkirk.

To be fair you're in this' abyss ' of a league because you weren't good enough for the one above!

I get where you're coming from on the point of having a finished article, but if you see my reply to "Rovers 1992-1993", the money guys at the respective clubs may not see it from a fan PoV?