Peterhead vs Raith Rovers

Last League match on grass this year...and we have been woeful. Forecast is light showers and a fresh breeze. I dislike this match a lot, but think we'll finally find a way, because Peterhead seem struggling again. 1 - 2 final, Matthews and MacLean for Raith, Lyle for Peterhead.

Edited by TxRover

I think the last few seasons following the Rovers have taken their toll on me. Possibly the last couple of decades too. This fixture gives me the fear.

We’ve lost on our last two trips to Peterhead. Third time lucky?

It’s been a funny season for us. We started the season with goals from all areas of the park and looking really good. We’ve now got to a stage where we don’t look great but we still, mainly, get the job done. Notable exceptions being away games on waterlogged grass pitches. 

Has it been a tactical thing or are we just not as creative as earlier in the season? We were way too open earlier in the season which, while it led to good scorelines like 4-0 Peterhead and 5-2 Clyde, also led to disasters like 4-2 East Fife and 3-2 Stranraer. If so, then fine. We were better to watch back then, but we weren’t going to win the league that way.

Anyway, again the request is the same, just win.

Edited by Scary Bear

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

A place it feels like we rarely win at. If we want to win the title then that needs to change. We don’t seem to be winning comfortably at the moment so I’d take a scrappy 1-0 now. 

We hadn’t played them for a while. Last league win at Peterhead was the last time we won the league. An omen?

A94982A7-2334-4F2E-B6D3-15DA955572FB.png

Praying that the weather doesn't turn this into a shitfest. All of our losses on the road so far this season aside from East Fife have been in horrendous conditions. It isn't an excuse by any means, the players should be capable enough to handle the circumstances but it certainly doesn't help the situation.

November was the first time I've been to Balmoor and it's an excellent stadium for watching the game with good vantage points for both teams and what looked a really good pitch (if a little soaked when we last played there).

I’ve had this marked down as the game we lose top spot for weeks. Falkirk at Dumbarton won’t be easy which might be a saving grace, but for whatever reason we seriously struggle away from home to the lower half. 9/24 against the bottom half thus far, 13/18 from the top half. Crazy.

There’s been some extenuating circumstances in that the weather has conspired to make a game of football impossible at Dumbarton and Stranraer, and it wasn’t great at Peterhead last time either, but we’ve also shown we’re capable of losing at Stranraer on a sunny August day and blowing a two goal lead at Clyde.

Show something different in this run-in and we’ll win the title. Would consider a change of system as of all the formations we’ve played this season, the current 4-3-3 type one is the worst for me.

Would take top at 5pm regardless of circumstance but would be nice to see us show something different and getting three points.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Praying that the weather doesn't turn this into a shitfest. All of our losses on the road so far this season aside from East Fife have been in horrendous conditions. It isn't an excuse by any means, the players should be capable enough to handle the circumstances but it certainly doesn't help the situation.

November was the first time I've been to Balmoor and it's an excellent stadium for watching the game with good vantage points for both teams and what looked a really good pitch (if a little soaked when we last played there).

The pitch at Balmoor was voted 2nd best (grass) playing surface in Scotland. Second only go the surface at Forthbank.

It always looks in top nick if a bit on the soft side underfoot, but never much problem with it.

Absolutely massive game. If we lose ground on Falkirk here, they will likely be well clear after the final as their two following games are against Stranraer and Forfar. 

We have been pretty shit away to the teams at the arse end of the league, that simply has to change.