Darvel v Broughty Ferry.

Larky55

2 hours ago, ralphpdk said:

That’s not a bad shout but who plays for these clubs in these games, players who were registered for 2019/20 or can players signed for 2020/21 play for them?

Be same for all clubs , just have to go with who they sign for the season coming up whenever that is , broughty seemed very confident but I don’t think we will Lose sleep if we have to go up there 

Be same for all clubs , just have to go with who they sign for the season coming up whenever that is , broughty seemed very confident but I don’t think we will Lose sleep if we have to go up there 
But, if you're not taking up SJFA membership for next season, surely Broughty will get awarded the tie?

10 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
13 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

But, if you're not taking up SJFA membership for next season, surely Broughty will get awarded the tie?

If that’s the way it is so be it 

37 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
39 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

As I understand it (and it’s only hearsay) Broughty voted for the East Region season to be declared null & void. Surely that means their involvement in the Scottish is done & dusted? 

As I understand it (and it’s only hearsay) Broughty voted for the East Region season to be declared null & void. Surely that means their involvement in the Scottish is done & dusted? 
When will people get it?
The Regions and the SJFA are not one and the same.

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

We weren't confident at all before the game. Hopeful, but deep down we were just coming for a good day out. Having seen the game, and I can only speak for myself, afterwards I was very confident we would win a replay had it been played the following week. Different kettle of fish altogether now. Obviously, like I said, you guys have already strengthened and I'm sure you will again. If, and that's a big if, the replay ever went ahead I'd be back to being hopeful but realistic. It was the first time we've ever got to the cup quarter final and we had a brilliant day out.  A great last day of the season. All the best for next season if it happens. Oh and cheers for the biscuits.

12 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

When will people get it?
The Regions and the SJFA are not one and the same.

Nothing to do with the regions - I was just pointing out that it would be a little difficult to reconcile their desire to null & void one competition (which they couldn’t win) with a willingness to play on in another one where they might fancy their chances. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

8 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

We weren't confident at all before the game. Hopeful, but deep down we were just coming for a good day out. Having seen the game, and I can only speak for myself, afterwards I was very confident we would win a replay had it been played the following week. Different kettle of fish altogether now. Obviously, like I said, you guys have already strengthened and I'm sure you will again. If, and that's a big if, the replay ever went ahead I'd be back to being hopeful but realistic. It was the first time we've ever got to the cup quarter final and we had a brilliant day out.  A great last day of the season. All the best for next season if it happens. Oh and cheers for the biscuits.

Yea broughty were better team on the day and I think we thought it was over going up 2-0 as early but the same mistake would not have happened again , good luck to u guys whenever football starts again 

20 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Darvel made some lovely biscuits for the game. Their hospitality before the game for the Broughty boys was second to none. Much better than the west team we played a couple of years ago in the cup, who shall remain nameless, who counted out the exact amount needed of chocolate digestives.

biscuit.JPG

Hahaha. That's terrible.

15 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Nothing to do with the regions - I was just pointing out that it would be a little difficult to reconcile their desire to null & void one competition (which they couldn’t win) with a willingness to play on in another one where they might fancy their chances. 

There is a difference in deciding to null and void a league that was quite close and needed a championship play-off and the main cup competition for junior clubs.

15 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

We certainly hadn't conceded the league. Still had to play Carnoustie once and Lochee Utd twice plus we were playing our best fitba of our season when things were shut down.

11 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

We certainly hadn't conceded the league. Still had to play Carnoustie once and Lochee Utd twice plus we were playing our best fitba of our season when things were shut down.

It would have been such an exciting finish as we were also in great form. It could have been a brilliant 3 way title fight, such a shame that it didn't happen...

On 03/05/2020 at 21:05, Beenzon-Toste said:
On 03/05/2020 at 21:02, Darvel legend said:

On 03/05/2020 at 21:16, Darvel legend said:

If that’s the way it is so be it 

So, it looks like we might get the replay after all which is great news. The first game was a belter. What's the story with this though? Did Darvel take up SJFA  membership and if not does that technically mean that this game won't go ahead? What's the status with the other 4 teams involved? Will this technicality just be overlooked to get the games on? Obviously all this is moot at the moment but even if it is on the distant horizon, it's a start.

13 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

So, it looks like we might get the replay after all which is great news. The first game was a belter. What's the story with this though? Did Darvel take up SJFA  membership and if not does that technically mean that this game won't go ahead? What's the status with the other 4 teams involved? Will this technicality just be overlooked to get the games on? Obviously all this is moot at the moment but even if it is on the distant horizon, it's a start.

If it happens at all then the SJFA membership, or lack of, will not be relevant IMO. How can it given it is the culmination of the 2019-20 tournament? 

On 12/05/2020 at 14:10, Jimi Shandrix said:

The Scottish Junior Cup for season 2019/20 is dead and buried. Lets just leave it at that and end this drivel that both teams might get a replay. It will not happen, it's never going to happen.

4 hours ago, spidersfan said:

The Scottish Junior Cup for season 2019/20 is dead and buried. Lets just leave it at that and end this drivel that both teams might get a replay. It will not happen, it's never going to happen.

Well the SJFA say it probably is. I don't doubt your inside information but I'm going to go with them.

10 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:
11 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:
Well the SJFA say it probably is. I don't doubt your inside information but I'm going to go with them.

Just noticed this thread.Interesting.Do Broughty have any new players?

Nothing on the website. Can only presume that's a no and that everything is on hold until we're a bit further down the line with all this.