Darvel v Broughty Ferry.

Larky55

3 hours ago, Larky55 said:

Big game, hopefully watched by a big crowd. Don’t know anything about the visitors, bit I do know Darvel will need to be at their best to beat them.

Good luck to both clubs.

You're correct in what you say about not knowing the visitors, you can't even get their name right!!!

Took in this game today it was played on a park that was unplayable, Darvel were fortunate to go in 2 up at halftime then never came out for the second half Broughty deserved the draw at the very least

Took in this game today it was played on a park that was unplayable, Darvel were fortunate to go in 2 up at halftime then never came out for the second half Broughty deserved the draw at the very least
Fair appraisal. Darvel keeper had two sensational saves first half; and Broughty keeper IMHO should have kept out the Darvel 2nd direct from a wind assisted corner. Difficult pitch to play football on, however in fairness, both teams tried. Should be an interesting replay on the plastic next Saturday.

• 1 month later...
On 07/03/2020 at 17:41, gogsy said:

Good to see big Bryan Duell still scoring goals, great guy. :)

Certainly answered the early season critics. The only player I know of to have been sent off during a penalty shoot out. Any advance on that anyone?

On 08/03/2020 at 08:38, geo 1909 said:

A wee question how did the Broughty keeper stay on the park when he lifted the ball outside his box, the ref gave the freekick but no as much as a warning i couldnt understand it

Because a GK handball out with the penalty box isn’t automatically a sending off. It is only a red card if handling it denies an obvious goal scoring chance. 

(I haven’t seen the game though - so am only going on your comment)

1 hour ago, Ormi said:

Because a GK handball out with the penalty box isn’t automatically a sending off. It is only a red card if handling it denies an obvious goal scoring chance. 

(I haven’t seen the game though - so am only going on your comment)

I was at the game. Nobody near him so no red card. Just a bit of a brain fart. Shame there will be no replay. After all we'd heard about how we were just a diddy east team heading to the slaughter, we were head and shoulders above Darvel and should have comfortably won on the day.

• 2 weeks later...

This would have been a cracking replay such a shame never got played would of fancied broughty to have got through. 

Mr Petrie was saying yesterday he wants to finish the senior scottish cup whenever , i'm in the land of fantasy here but would have loved the junior cup to have came to a conclusion it was shaping up brilliantly with some bumper crowds to have looked forward to. 

3 hours ago, caliy said:

This would have been a cracking replay such a shame never got played would of fancied broughty to have got through. 

Mr Petrie was saying yesterday he wants to finish the senior scottish cup whenever , i'm in the land of fantasy here but would have loved the junior cup to have came to a conclusion it was shaping up brilliantly with some bumper crowds to have looked forward to. 

I don't see an issue with finishing the senior Scottish cup at the start of next season, whenever that might be. That could also be done with the Junior Cup. Maybe give the involved clubs a bye in the first round and play the semis as one-off games.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I don't see an issue with finishing the senior Scottish cup at the start of next season, whenever that might be. That could also be done with the Junior Cup. Maybe give the involved clubs a bye in the first round and play the semis as one-off games.

I think Darvel would be an altogether tougher proposition for us if this was to happen. They've already made a couple of decent looking signings for next season and I'd be surprised if they didn't make a few more for their step up. Having said that I'd be right up for it.

Darvel made some lovely biscuits for the game. Their hospitality before the game for the Broughty boys was second to none. Much better than the west team we played a couple of years ago in the cup, who shall remain nameless, who counted out the exact amount needed of chocolate digestives.

biscuit.JPG