Larky55

Darvel v Broughty Ferry.

Big game, hopefully watched by a big crowd. Don’t know anything about the visitors, bit I do know Darvel will need to be at their best to beat them.

Good luck to both clubs.

It should be a good game, Broughty have a strong side this season and are in a good form. Difficult to predict imo.

'Mon Broughty, get into this mob. :)

Edited by gogsy

3 hours ago, Larky55 said:

Big game, hopefully watched by a big crowd. Don’t know anything about the visitors, bit I do know Darvel will need to be at their best to beat them.

Good luck to both clubs.

You're correct in what you say about not knowing the visitors, you can't even get their name right!!!

You're correct in what you say about not knowing the visitors, you can't even get their name right!!!

Sorry about that.

Good to see big Bryan Duell still scoring goals, great guy. :)

Took in this game today it was played on a park that was unplayable, Darvel were fortunate to go in 2 up at halftime then never came out for the second half Broughty deserved the draw at the very least

Took in this game today it was played on a park that was unplayable, Darvel were fortunate to go in 2 up at halftime then never came out for the second half Broughty deserved the draw at the very least
Fair appraisal. Darvel keeper had two sensational saves first half; and Broughty keeper IMHO should have kept out the Darvel 2nd direct from a wind assisted corner. Difficult pitch to play football on, however in fairness, both teams tried. Should be an interesting replay on the plastic next Saturday.

A wee question how did the Broughty keeper stay on the park when he lifted the ball outside his box, the ref gave the freekick but no as much as a warning i couldnt understand it

Speaking to someone who was down at the game yesterday saying Broughty will be the one's gutted today. Better team seemingly.

Will be there on Saturday to support The Fed.

On 07/03/2020 at 17:41, gogsy said:

Good to see big Bryan Duell still scoring goals, great guy. :)

Certainly answered the early season critics. The only player I know of to have been sent off during a penalty shoot out. Any advance on that anyone?

21 minutes ago, lokforever said:

I'll equal that for you. Central League Cup final - June 2015.

Excellent. Identical to Duellers sending off in the East Superleague play off vs Armadale in 2015. 

On 08/03/2020 at 08:38, geo 1909 said:

A wee question how did the Broughty keeper stay on the park when he lifted the ball outside his box, the ref gave the freekick but no as much as a warning i couldnt understand it

Because a GK handball out with the penalty box isn’t automatically a sending off. It is only a red card if handling it denies an obvious goal scoring chance. 

(I haven’t seen the game though - so am only going on your comment)

1 hour ago, Ormi said:

Because a GK handball out with the penalty box isn’t automatically a sending off. It is only a red card if handling it denies an obvious goal scoring chance. 

(I haven’t seen the game though - so am only going on your comment)

I was at the game. Nobody near him so no red card. Just a bit of a brain fart. Shame there will be no replay. After all we'd heard about how we were just a diddy east team heading to the slaughter, we were head and shoulders above Darvel and should have comfortably won on the day.

This would have been a cracking replay such a shame never got played would of fancied broughty to have got through. 

Mr Petrie was saying yesterday he wants to finish the senior scottish cup whenever , i'm in the land of fantasy here but would have loved the junior cup to have came to a conclusion it was shaping up brilliantly with some bumper crowds to have looked forward to. 

48 minutes ago, caliy said:

This would have been a cracking replay such a shame never got played would of fancied broughty to have got through. 

Mr Petrie was saying yesterday he wants to finish the senior scottish cup whenever , i'm in the land of fantasy here

No further comment is necessary, it is something most of us have suspected since you joined the forum.

3 hours ago, caliy said:

Mr Petrie was saying yesterday he wants to finish the senior scottish cup whenever , i'm in the land of fantasy here but would have loved the junior cup to have came to a conclusion it was shaping up brilliantly with some bumper crowds to have looked forward to. 

I don't see an issue with finishing the senior Scottish cup at the start of next season, whenever that might be. That could also be done with the Junior Cup. Maybe give the involved clubs a bye in the first round and play the semis as one-off games.