WWE Hall of Fame 2020

WrestleMania weekend kicks off with the Hall of Fame ceremony on Thursday, April 2nd 2020. This will take place at Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida and should start at Midnight. It's looking like it could be a year of big names. I wonder if they'll keep the same format as last year which saw Bret Hart being attacked. As always, please share your favourite memories and moments of the class of 2020.

Confirmed Inductees:
Batista

New World Order (nWo)

The Bella Twins

John "Bradshaw" Layfield (JBL)

The British Bulldog

Jushin "Thunder" Liger

Since last year's ceremony, we've lost two WWE Hall of Famers. First of all, Harley Race passed away on August 1st 2019. Harley Race had a successful 30 year in-ring career. He was also a promoter, manager and trainer. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in the 2004 class. WWE recognises him as eight-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, one-time NWA United States Champion, three-time AWA World Tag Team Champion and the WWF King of the Ring winner in 1986. 

Secondly, we lost "Soulman" Rocky Johnson on January 15th 2020. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in the 2008 class. Despite having held numerous titles in various NWA territories, the only accolade that WWE recognise him for is being a one-time WWF World Tag Team Champion with Tony Atlas. This reign would be historic in 1983 as they were the first black team to win the titles. Rocky Johnson is of course the father of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, former professional wrestler and Hollywood's biggest star.

2020 Class

Headlining this year's class is "The Animal" Batista. Batista started in WWE's development territory Ohio Valley Wrestling in a very talented class including John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton and Shelton Benjamin. He found great success during the Ruthless Aggression Era alongside Triple H, Ric Flair and Randy Orton as part of the Evolution stable. In 2005 Batista split from Evolution, becoming a main event star and multi time champion in his initial run which lasted until he quit in 2010. Since leaving WWE he has become a Hollywood film star, most notably for his role as Drax The Destroyer in Marvel Cinematic Universe films. Batista returned to WWE for a brief run in 2014. He won the Royal Rumble match, which resulted in him headlining WrestleMania 30. Batista, Triple H and Randy Orton then went on to reform Evolution after all losing to Daniel Bryan on the same night. They subsequently feuded with The Shield. He would then not be seen until his retirement programme with his long time friend, mentor and rival Triple H. The retirement match took place at WrestleMania 35.
⦁    Four-time World Heavyweight Champion.
⦁    Three-time World Tag Team Champion.
⦁    Two-time WWE Champion.
⦁    One-time WWE Tag Team Champion.
⦁    Two-time Royal Rumble winner.

New World Order were the main catalyst of WCW's success during the Monday Night Wars. Their goal was to take over WWE's top spot in the wrestling business and they did so after leading the Monday Night Wars ratings for 83 weeks. The stable's core members Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Sean Waltman will become two-time WWE Hall of Fame members. The group dominated WCW programming in the late 90's, becoming one of the greatest and most beloved factions of all time. They had a lot of success, particularly their leader Hollywood Hogan who had numerous WCW World Heavyweight Championship reigns. After WCW died, nWo briefly reformed in WWE  but that didn't last long. We did at least get a dream match between Hogan and The Rock at WrestleMania X8.
⦁    Hollywood Hogan and Kevin Nash both became WCW World Heavyweight Champion (Hogan mutiple times).
⦁    Scott Hall was a two-time WCW United States Heavyweight Champion.
⦁    Hall and Nash were six-time WCW World Tag Team Champions, Waltman is credited with being a joint champion on one of those reigns due to the Freebird rule.
⦁    Scott Hall was a one-time WCW World Television Champion.
⦁    Sean Waltman as was a one-time WCW Cruiserweight Champion as "Syxx".

Nikki and Brie Bella, The Bella Twins are next to be inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame. Brie debuted on SmackDown initially in a series of matches which included her going under the ring for some "twin magic" with Nikki. They subsequently became a team and spent several years flirting with male superstars. Nikki and Brie then built their way up to earning Divas Championship opportunities, leading to them both becoming champions in their own right. Nikki's second championship reign was the longest ever individual reign for the Divas Championship at 301 days. Brie initially retired at WrestleMania 32 after deciding she wanted to start a family with her husband Daniel Bryan. Of course, she came back for a series of matches throughout 2018 but has since gone back into retirement. After some neck issues plaguing her career, Nikki Bella wrestled her retirement match at the all women's PPV, Evolution, in October 2018. Both women are credited with helping usher in the women's revolution. They were also a key component in the success of WWE's venture into the Reality TV world, initially with Total Divas and then with their own spinoff Total Bellas.
⦁    Brie Bella was a one-time WWE Divas Champion.
⦁    Nikki Bella was a two-time WWE Divas Champion.

John "Bradshaw" Layfield (JBL) had enjoyed an in-ring career with WWE spanning 14 years. He is better known as one half of the Acolytes Protection Agency with Farooq during the Attitude Era and as the wealthy businessman JBL, SmackDown's long reigning heel WWE Champion. He is highly decorated, as a Triple Crown and Grand Slam Champion. The JBL character was one of the best and most entertaining during the Ruthless Aggression Era when he was the main event star on SmackDown. He retired in 2009 at WrestleMania XXV in an iconic 21 seconds match against Rey Mysterio, losing his WWE Intercontinental Championship. JBL transitioned seemlessly into a color commentary role which he held for several years, before stepping down in September 2017 to focus on humanitarian work.
⦁    One-time WWE Champion.
⦁    One-time WWE Intercontinental Champion.
⦁    One-time WWE United States Champion.
⦁    Eighteen-time (18) WWE Hardcore Champion.
⦁    One-time WWE European Champion.
⦁    Three-time WWETag Team Champion.
⦁    Creator of Tribute to the Troops.

20191207_HOF_Batista--51c4a9d7c0faec20c33f2fd41c5cfa57.thumb.jpg.48a40f1f2c2e39c56b39259f60ccb8e6.jpg20191207_HOF_NWO--fc7e6f8a87100d5a239d5b616e24e3b2.thumb.jpg.a4a27ea58d892bd26b327c28f246ad05.jpg20200220_HOF_Bellas--5a71285e2af0ada25a6853cdd3e2e89e.thumb.jpg.715c472f2a568357bd714820b9d0c5d2.jpg20200302_HOF_JBL--4ecb474725d6221de60ce5bbfcc9242d.thumb.jpg.98f27dffaae3f2f4a0fba2f5592466d0.jpg20200311_HOF_BrittishBulldog--e7f7a64b08f962687bd53b929cdaf6de.thumb.jpg.81f5fd67183dc0bb70ff5bcd4c80380a.jpg20200313_HOF_Liger--dd7b08a83d3689866ce7d85f1205ecf4.thumb.jpg.93f7fa18a2d768da7d5857e1d3da34cb.jpg

Edited by JamieStevenson

I won't lie. I thought that first JBL title run was outstanding work for him. Never been the best wrestler but I don't think that was ever the point. A proper shit of a heel, and I think his lack of ability helped that as there was never any real desire to cheer for him.

His run in the APA was great too. There's no doubt in my mind that this is a great addition to the class of 2020.

Feels a bit weird Batista being the headliner. He's the first main guy that I can remember watching their debut match in WWE (There might be others but he's the most notable). 

I see JBL as the bigger star purely because he was on the scene well before I watched.

Feels a bit weird Batista being the headliner. He's the first main guy that I can remember watching their debut match in WWE (There might be others but he's the most notable). 
I see JBL as the bigger star purely because he was on the scene well before I watched.

Batista’s a movie star now so they want all the publicity that’s the only reason.

I remember APA were In the first WWF match I ever watched would’ve been 99/20. It was a street fight and they were amazing.

2 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Batista’s a movie star now so they want all the publicity that’s the only reason.

I remember APA were In the first WWF match I ever watched would’ve been 99/20. It was a street fight and they were amazing.

Them vs. Hardys and Michael Hayes?

Bradshaw's last major storyline with Farooq which led to Ron Simmons 'firing' had me apocalyptic with rage. Thought Simmons was the man. Nice set-up for the JBL character in hindsight.