Montrose v Stranraer Double Header

Good performance on a tricky pitch. Thought it may end up a 0-0 before Rusty’s strike. Missed a couple of chances afterwards to seal the victory but thankfully Stranraer never really put Seagull under any threat with any of their attacks. Well done to the back 4 for helping with that. 

Good use of the subs by SP, showed  a real attacking intent as we finished the game with 3 strikers on the pitch. Rossco and Cammy F Ballantyne helped change the game when they came on and Lewis Hawke did well, a couple of tidy touches setting up chances. 

Into top 4 now and huge game against East Fife on Saturday. Sitting just 6 points off the top, imagine if we had a prolific striker and took more than 1 point from the opening 7 games?!?!

Can’t say I was impressed with Montrose very little between the sides but they did take one of their chances , Stranraer are a cert for relegation , such a shame and I really fear our chances in Div 2 
Was their any dirty challenges in the game and did the Stranraer players go home unscathed?

Pretty even match. First half the blues got a stonewall penalty denied. 2nd half was disappointing. Never really got a head of steam up. Montrose started to look more threatening and stronger as match wore on. Goal came from a poor kick by our goalie. We never recovered and it was a fine finish. Another bad result. Draw wouldnt have been a bad result in my opinion as Montrose are a decent outfit and we didnt even get that. Next two matches are crucial. 

Not a pitch for good football we were trying to run with the ball up the wings and doesnt work. The pitch was tackling the players. Very frustrating. Pre match pitch looked fine. It cut up and became bobbly.

On 11/03/2020 at 07:41, mo83 said:
On 10/03/2020 at 23:57, kvz2000 said:
Can’t say I was impressed with Montrose very little between the sides but they did take one of their chances , Stranraer are a cert for relegation , such a shame and I really fear our chances in Div 2 

Was their any dirty challenges in the game and did the Stranraer players go home unscathed?

No dirty challenges this time and much cleaner game , we are a very poor lot , I don’t remember your keeper having a save to make other than punching a few crosses clear ,saying that Montrose only created their chances late on but after they scored could/should of had at least one more ....best of luck for the rest of the season if it’s not cancelled due to the coronavirus....