Montrose v Stranraer Double Header

That was probably the worst refereeing I have ever ever seen.  Utterly incompetent from beginning to end.  We were disjointed for most of the game failing to score as many as we should.  If the game is on on Tuesday I can only hope the ref is not nearly as weak as today's.

Agreed. Referees seem all too keen to make the games all about themselves at this level. Handballs right in front of him missed, clear fouls missed and soft decisions given! 3 times CJ was pulled to the ground whilst the ball was in the air and not one foul given. 

Deserved 3 points for the Mo although they did their best to make it hard for themselves. Lyons should have made it safe at 2-0 then seconds later it was 1–1. Great save from Seagull kept Stranraer out then thankfully the late goals ensured the 3 points. A repeat score line on Tuesday night would be great. 

Rusty played well again today as did Quinn although think Dillon was missed in keeping the defence organised, seemed a bit panicky at times. Hopefully he was only missing due to being rested for Tuesday 

Ah well not to be. Fought hard against the well drilled Montrose. Could have quite easily got something positive from this game. An entertaining match. Controversial 3rd goal killed us of but my gopro pic just about proves the goal might have been onside. Hopefully we can start getting some breaks and take the chances as we are running out of time

Stranraer put in a good shift for the first 20mins without causing us many problems .. thereafter we grew into the game and should’ve been at least 2 ahead at halftime. 2nd half .. Blair should’ve scored or set up a tap in for Webby but got greedy and fkkd it up ... Stranraer go straight up the park and somehow get the ball in the net from on the byline. Cue Blair getting deservedly hooked. On come CJ and Cammy F who then proceed to create/score the next 2 .. then Liam taps in a Webby cutback to make it 4. Overall, I thought we made very heavy weather of it today. Very disjointed early doors but gradually got control. After their equaliser panic set in and we were all over the place for 10 mins. At 2-1 Seagull pulled off a blinder of a save. Brilliant subs by SP won us the game. This team never knows when it’s beaten and can put together some impressive stuff at times. We’re a much better team than this time last year. Looking forward to the next 3 games and, hopefully, generating a gap between us and EF.

Stranraer put in a good shift for the first 20mins without causing us many problems .. thereafter we grew into the game and should’ve been at least 2 ahead at halftime. 2nd half .. Blair should’ve scored or set up a tap in for Webby but got greedy and fkkd it up ... Stranraer go straight up the park and somehow get the ball in the net from on the byline. Cue Blair getting deservedly hooked. On come CJ and Cammy F who then proceed to create/score the next 2 .. then Liam taps in a Webby cutback to make it 4. Overall, I thought we made very heavy weather of it today. Very disjointed early doors but gradually got control. After their equaliser panic set in and we were all over the place for 10 mins. At 2-1 Seagull pulled off a blinder of a save. Brilliant subs by SP won us the game. This team never knows when it’s beaten and can put together some impressive stuff at times. We’re a much better team than this time last year. Looking forward to the next 3 games and, hopefully, generating a gap between us and EF.
Team that finished the 90 would probably be a good shout for starting midweek: near the end, their backline looked unable to cope with the pace of CJ, Callaghan and Webby, with some nice forward passes from Cammy F and Masson.

Whatever SP goes for, a strong line up is needed for what will be another tricky away fixture.

Team that finished the 90 would probably be a good shout for starting midweek: near the end, their backline looked unable to cope with the pace of CJ, Callaghan and Webby, with some nice forward passes from Cammy F and Masson.

Whatever SP goes for, a strong line up is needed for what will be another tricky away fixture.
Can't agree with this. With a heavy pitch pretty much ensured midweek, bring on the pace of CJ with 30 to go, not from the start, but in SP we trust.
Will be a tough game regardless.
Three points would be huge.

10 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

I suspect the game on Tuesday will be off .. which would be good for us. Allows SP to keep things fresh for EF on Saturday.

I agree because I can't make it on Tuesday. If it goes ahead though SP will make changes again. We could do with it being off though with EF being next. 

Stranny have been unlucky that L1 is a hard league this season. They aren't a bad side and if they do go down but can keep their squad together they'll be back.

I take my hat off to any Mo fans who go to Stranraer on a Tuesday night...!
There was a certain Mo fan I found out last Saturday that went down to the original rearranged fixture a couple of Tuesday's ago. He knew it was postponed but as the hotel was booked....

Big 3 points that, delighted for Rusty. He's played well recently.