Elgin City v The Binos

We head north on Saturday to face fellow playoff contenders in what is usually a difficult game for us. 

The question Binos fans will be asking is whether we can make it 7 away wins in a row or will we become unstuck at Elgin. 

Hopefully we continue on our great run away from home, as clearly that has kept our playoff  hopes alive as our home form has been poor. We have failed to win at home this year and last Saturday we managed a draw. 

Prediction Elgin City 1 Binos 2   

Edited by rhliston

I watched you guys last week at Glebe. Pitch wasn’t conducive to silky passing football but the Binos got the job done and came out with 3 deserved points. I expected more from Stirling Albion though as the performance wasn’t as high a standard as I thought it would be. 

6 away wins is terrific. Must be approaching some record?

Elgin will be a tough game. They pummelled is a few weeks back and if Shane is back that’ll make it even harder to get the 7th win.

All the best to both teams; will be keeping tabs on the score throughout the afternoon.

Must say there was a group of about half a dozen Binos singing from the start and fair play they could make some noise!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I watched you guys last week at Glebe. Pitch wasn’t conducive to silky passing football but the Binos got the job done and came out with 3 deserved points. I expected more from Stirling Albion though as the performance wasn’t as high a standard as I thought it would be. 

6 away wins is terrific. Must be approaching some record?
Elgin will be a tough game. They pummelled is a few weeks back and if Shane is back that’ll make it even harder to get the 7th win.
All the best to both teams; will be keeping tabs on the score throughout the afternoon.
Must say there was a group of about half a dozen Binos singing from the start and fair play they could make some noise!

7 wins on the trot is the club record, if we win on Saturday we equal that. Hopefully Sutherland is missing on Saturday, makes it easier for us to win. [emoji3]
Yes the young mob do make a bit of noise. [emoji3] Hopefully the team give them cause to make more of the same racket on Saturday.

Of all SPFL 2 teams EC have impressed me most. While SA have had a good run of  away wins,.EC have been scoring  twice in most games.  KR pointed to Sutherland and Hester as VG strikers.

To win at Brough a big ask??

Of all SPFL 2 teams EC have impressed me most. While SA have had a good run of  away wins,.EC have been scoring  twice in most games.  KR pointed to Sutherland and Hester as VG strikers.
To win at Brough a big ask??

It’s going to be difficult at Elgin but we won the last time up their. Sutherland might miss this game thru injury.
We have the players to hurt them in Bikey, Duffy and Mackin but we need to take our chances and keep it tight at the back.

Elgin deserves to win, we lost the game in the first half going behind 3-1 . Second half might have made a game of it if we had scored either penalty but an easy save for the Elgin keeper. Let’s hope we perform better on Tuesday night or our season could be over.

2 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

A good home win. Whole team played well (disappointed with MacKay tho). Smart did well in his first start and hopefully he and Kane can form a partnership for next season. Only downside was Spark's injury. I missed who got MotM.

mckay had an excellent second half

20 minutes ago, elgin proud said:

excellent from City today superb from the off and seldom troubled despite penalty miss. On this form got to be confident of strong finish to season. Very strong bench today too

Fancy Elgin to get into 3rd spot and stay there until season end. I’d also say that Elgin are most likely to gain promotion from the playoff contenders.

How good are Forfar or Peterhead; definitely not insurmountable 

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Fancy Elgin to get into 3rd spot and stay there until season end. I’d also say that Elgin are most likely to gain promotion from the playoff contenders.

We have a mental block when it comes to Peterhead, lost our last 11 in a row against them, we'd shit the bed for sure. 

Anybody know why Elgin & Stirling wasn't a draw? lol cruel world we live in, can cove take care of business & beat Stirling on Tuesday?  hoping so, got enough challengers in Elgin & Queens Park for this top 4 spot, Elgin definitely will be tough to stop but we have defending well again recently, unlucky not to get 3 points off Edinburgh, clean sheet today, hopefully we can cause some problems up the pitch tho, we won't be favorites for the game but i think we prefer that, Tuesday will be tasty, congrats on your win today

8 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Anybody know why Elgin & Stirling wasn't a draw? lol cruel world we live in, can cove take care of business & beat Stirling on Tuesday?  hoping so, got enough challengers in Elgin & Queens Park for this top 4 spot, Elgin definitely will be tough to stop but we have defending well again recently, unlucky not to get 3 points off Edinburgh, clean sheet today, hopefully we can cause some problems up the pitch tho, we won't be favorites for the game but i think we prefer that, Tuesday will be tasty, congrats on your win today

We’ll do our best on Tuesday down at Forthbank in what will be a tough game. Might just grab the 3 points.

Cowden keep it tight at the back for sure. In Jordan Allan, Renton and Cox you have players that can score. 6 pointer!

On 07/03/2020 at 20:17, CoveRangers1922 said:

agree