Talbot v Hurlford off

Ardenvohr6

It was 7 players affected on Wednesday, are people commenting aware that this figure may have risen to the extent, even with a squaud of 20 that Talbot are not able to field 11 players and any subs.Talbot are going for 3 in a row Scottish cups, something a lot of people say wouldnt be done again and would be Talbots most important game f the season yet some folk want Talbot to cobble a  team together when they have every right to follow the rules and ask for a  postponement.Would Hurlford not wish to beat Talbots strongest team possible, or happy to win playing against 55 year olds drafted into play.Think how hollow the team that lifts the cup would feel, if Talbot were knocked out today if the game went ahead.

18 minutes ago, andy25 said:

If it had been any team but Talbot you wouldn't have been caring. The only reason you want Talbot to play with a weakend team is that if they are beaten you think it gives Darvel a better chance of winning it.

Listen I’ve said repeatedly talbot are the best team in Scotland and of course it would give us a better chance of winning it if they were out but if we were to win the Scottish I’d rather beat talbot to win it but that still doesn’t alter the fact I don’t agree with sjfa calling game off 

Only wins against full strength sides count then by your reckoning

It was 7 players affected on Wednesday, are people commenting aware that this figure may have risen to the extent, even with a squaud of 20 that Talbot are not able to field 11 players and any subs.Talbot are going for 3 in a row Scottish cups, something a lot of people say wouldnt be done again and would be Talbots most important game f the season yet some folk want Talbot to cobble a  team together when they have every right to follow the rules and ask for a  postponement.Would Hurlford not wish to beat Talbots strongest team possible, or happy to win playing against 55 year olds drafted into play.Think how hollow the team that lifts the cup would feel, if Talbot were knocked out today if the game went ahead.

Listen I’ve said repeatedly talbot are the best team in Scotland and of course it would give us a better chance of winning it if they were out but if we were to win the Scottish I’d rather beat talbot to win it but that still doesn’t alter the fact I don’t agree with sjfa calling game off 
That's a fair comment but Talbot only went with the rules

5 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

And there you have it. We got there at last. If it was just another league game for Talbot? 

League game would be off as well. Do people not realise we had to register our assistant manger who is in his fifties as a player on Wednesday morning to start the game.

That game was only played as it was the champions cup and nobody gives a f**k about it I fully accept this  applies to Rutherglen as well whose league games are more important)

Just found time to read this thread and I have to admit I was truelly amused by the seethfest that came up. The whole shebang of known Talbot haters spewing their bile all over their posts had me in stitches.  I was sad though that it only ran to seven pages because that thread was the gift that kept giving.

4 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Just found time to read this thread and I have to admit I was truelly amused by the seethfest that came up. The whole shebang of known Talbot haters spewing their bile all over their posts had me in stitches.  I was sad though that it only ran to seven pages because that thread was the gift that kept giving.

Was messaging someone earlier who blames Talbot for the east leaving and the death of junior football. Good to have pals I like to think 

Hearing Neilston coming off the back off Scottish Cup QF loss had 8 first team players missing on Saturday, had to play 3 boys of 17 and 18 years from their youth set up, left with their management making up the subs bench.

Beat Kilsyth away 0-1.

Not a chance that would have been called off if requested 

Hearing Neilston coming off the back off Scottish Cup QF loss had 8 first team players missing on Saturday, had to play 3 boys of 17 and 18 years from their youth set up, left with their management making up the subs bench.
Beat Kilsyth away 0-1.

Fair play to them,great attitude to just get on with it.

1 hour ago, Jordy said:

Beat Kilsyth away 0-1.

How do you know?

I hadn’t time to comment before but it’s no surprise that people were unhappy about the game being off. Only because if I wasn’t a Talbot fan I would be keen to see another name on the cup. 

However, with the world in the grip of a virus, surely reasonably minded people, of which there have been some on this thread, would admit that it makes sense for this to have happened. Also, I am sure Hurlford will face a weakened Talbot team regardless of the cancellation. After all, these lads have been in their bed so impossible for them to be at 100% on Saturday.