Talbot v Hurlford off

Ardenvohr6

I used to have a good laugh and banter on here but some of the comments about talbot today has been nothing but disgraceful u call urself men or women u should be ashamed of urselfs for ur comments u all need to grow up and for some people who represent their club u should be ashamed to be in football and yes u darvel legend u big up darvel so much yeah u get criticised right or wrong but ur comments have gone beyond that ur an embarrassment to football now and dont anyone of you lot know these guys cannot only not play football but cant work either so they lose money but all ur doing is bringing it all about talbot and not thinking about thease guys and their familys and kids has they may struggle to earn a wage for a week or 2 so ur comments arent about Talbot but it's a personal attack on the players for beigning ill hope none of u get ill cause if u do dont expect anyone to have sympathy

Games off, as per laws of the game, Talbot asked for postponement.
Am sure Talbot would hav preferred the fame to be played but why would they want to jeopardise the chance of victory, just to get a game played. Going to be a busy schedule for them now til end of season.
Any team with an "epidemic" would do the same and it just happens to coincide at the time of mass public hysteria about a virus.

2 hours ago, cumnockian said:

Games off, as per laws of the game, Talbot asked for postponement.
Am sure Talbot would hav preferred the fame to be played but why would they want to jeopardise the chance of victory, just to get a game played. Going to be a busy schedule for them now til end of season.
Any team with an "epidemic" would do the same and it just happens to coincide at the time of mass public hysteria about a virus.

Aye it's a coincidence. I'm still not convinced smaller clubs would be granted the same dispensation. Talbot probably have one of the biggest squads in the juniors, so why not just get the game played?

Aye it's a coincidence. I'm still not convinced smaller clubs would be granted the same dispensation. Talbot probably have one of the biggest squads in the juniors, so why not just get the game played?

When the talbots commercial manager is on the sjfa association committee it’s quite clear that there going to get every favour going. The sjfa are scared to offend the mighty talbot incase they leave the sinking ship as well.

18 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Glencairn this season have had a horrendous run of injuries at one point 9 players who would be classified first choice starters yet at no time have asked for any games to be cancelled and because of that fact find themselves in a relegation dog fight, I can understand Talbot exerting their rights to ask for the game to be postponed in this uncertain climate of the Corona virus and the rules are their to be used , so if they have done all the correct procedures then I really dont see what they have done wrong IT IS AFTER ALL THE SCOTTISH CUP 1/4 final and I am sure that every other club would have done the same, but I would like to add the SJFA have really set themselves up if any other team comes calling for a cancellation not to worry as of next year its most unlikely that the powers at the SJFA will have any say in the matter . 

Why does everybody keep saying if it was a so called smaller club it wouldnt happen, it did happen to a so called smaller club last season Cambuslang  Rangers did the exact same thing against Talbot and no a word mentioned on here about it, so maybe read some earlier posts before spouting the same old pish over and over.

8 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

I used to have a good laugh and banter on here but some of the comments about talbot today has been nothing but disgraceful u call urself men or women u should be ashamed of urselfs for ur comments u all need to grow up and for some people who represent their club u should be ashamed to be in football and yes u darvel legend u big up darvel so much yeah u get criticised right or wrong but ur comments have gone beyond that ur an embarrassment to football now and dont anyone of you lot know these guys cannot only not play football but cant work either so they lose money but all ur doing is bringing it all about talbot and not thinking about thease guys and their familys and kids has they may struggle to earn a wage for a week or 2 so ur comments arent about Talbot but it's a personal attack on the players for beigning ill hope none of u get ill cause if u do dont expect anyone to have sympathy

The game would have been on if it was as a league game , u played glencairn on Wednesday , what’s the difference ? Oh aye it’s the Scottish cup , we had 3 months we played with 9 players out and played Scottish cup ties In that time , did we ever think about going to the sjfa to get games off ? Eh naw , u still have 14-15 players available the day probably more than Hurlford 

24 minutes ago, The1andonly said:

Glencairn this season have had a horrendous run of injuries at one point 9 players who would be classified first choice starters yet at no time have asked for any games to be cancelled and because of that fact find themselves in a relegation dog fight, I can understand Talbot exerting their rights to ask for the game to be postponed in this uncertain climate of the Corona virus and the rules are their to be used , so if they have done all the correct procedures then I really dont see what they have done wrong IT IS AFTER ALL THE SCOTTISH CUP 1/4 final and I am sure that every other club would have done the same, but I would like to add the SJFA have really set themselves up if any other team comes calling for a cancellation not to worry as of next year its most unlikely that the powers at the SJFA will have any say in the matter . 

Should the fact that it's a quarter final matter? For me an irrelevance. 

Did your players all have the same virus ?

The game would have been on if it was as a league game , u played glencairn on Wednesday , what’s the difference ? Oh aye it’s the Scottish cup , we had 3 months we played with 9 players out and played Scottish cup ties In that time , did we ever think about going to the sjfa to get games off ? Eh naw , u still have 14-15 players available the day probably more than Hurlford 

Motherwells pitch was unplayable.

So a couple of weeks back Motherwell cancelled their game with st mirren for almost the same reason why wasn’t there the same big hullabaloo over that. Is it just that there are more Talbot haters due to their success

7 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Did your players all have the same virus ?

What does it matter we had 9 out , look talbot within their rights to ask for the game off , the sjfa have made n absolute farce of the decision imo , the Scottish cup final is a Great occasion whether talbot are in it or no and it’s no in the rules u must have ur strongest 11 playing in the quarters , the sjfa have set a precedent here 

If it had been any team but Talbot you wouldn't have been caring. The only reason you want Talbot to play with a weakend team is that if they are beaten you think it gives Darvel a better chance of winning it.

What does it matter we had 9 out , look talbot within their rights to ask for the game off , the sjfa have made n absolute farce of the decision imo , the Scottish cup final is a Great occasion whether talbot are in it or no and it’s no in the rules u must have ur strongest 11 playing in the quarters , the sjfa have set a precedent here 

If it had been any team but Talbot you wouldn't have been caring. The only reason you want Talbot to play with a weakend team is that if they are beaten you think it gives Darvel a better chance of winning it.
This is why most folk are raging, not saying everybody wants Darvel to win it but they don't want Talbot to win it, shows the amount of hatred there is towards Talbot, I suppose that comes with success