Aberdeen vs Hibs

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Not the same at all.

McGinn kicked it against him straight away and before the ref even had the chance to tell him to shift his arse. Dean Campbell was told to move, didnt and got a card.

Not my words, but those of Red TV today just as it happened.

HTH

Totally agree.

Mcginn drilled it off the Hibs player, where as Campbell stuck his leg out to block the quick free kick.

Also agree with another poster who said Ferguson was fortunate not to be booked for a short tug. However, the ref did not help Aberdeen win the points and indeed had some truly baffling decisions against Aberdeen.

Hibs were very ordinary although the deserved red card made it a lot easier for a home win. 

28 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Aye but Brazil 1970 vs Hammer Throwers and all that. You should be satisfied eh ?

Back where you belong (and always have been for decades).

Eh, aye cool m8. Good to see Bob has competition in the “permanently raging at Hibernian football club” stakes. 

Back where we belong? Aye, we’re mostly mid table shite. No question. We don’t half play some sexy fitba to get there though. 

Thought until the red card Hibs were in control of the game and they could have been further ahead if it was not for a couple of great saves from Joe Lewis. Back 3 was all over the shop. Once Whittaker was sent off Dons took control of the game and were comfortable winners in the end. 

Edited by Jute

Totally agree.
Mcginn drilled it off the Hibs player, where as Campbell stuck his leg out to block the quick free kick.
Also agree with another poster who said Ferguson was fortunate not to be booked for a short tug. However, the ref did not help Aberdeen win the points and indeed had some truly baffling decisions against Aberdeen.
Hibs were very ordinary although the deserved red card made it a lot easier for a home win. 
The Doidge header looked over the line. Aberdeens second goal came from a corner which should have been a Hibs ball. I can't actually remember Hibs getting a single free kick in the first half, which would be surprising in any game, against Aberdeen it's unfathomable that its correct. Gullan and Doidge were being held every time they went for a ball in the air. There was literally a rugby tackle by an Aberdeen player late on and Beaton gave a free kick and happily moved on.

At the game I was 100% convinced Whittakers second yellow was stonewall. I've seen an angle from behind the goals where it doesn't even look like a foul. No convinced with this one at all, but I'll watch it again.

So there's quite a few things that people could think that Beaton done Hibs with.

I thought the penalty shout for Aberdeen looked a good shout fwiw.

Beaton was just low-level shite, not game changing and not massively biased but just generally incompetent and only once he’d sent Whittaker off and Aberdeen were 2-1 up did decisions seem to go our way, and even then half of them were wrong too.

The Doidge header looked over the line. Aberdeens second goal came from a corner which should have been a Hibs ball. I can't actually remember Hibs getting a single free kick in the first half, which would be surprising in any game, against Aberdeen it's unfathomable that its correct. Gullan and Doidge were being held every time they went for a ball in the air. There was literally a rugby tackle by an Aberdeen player late on and Beaton gave a free kick and happily moved on.

At the game I was 100% convinced Whittakers second yellow was stonewall. I've seen an angle from behind the goals where it doesn't even look like a foul. No convinced with this one at all, but I'll watch it again.

So there's quite a few things that people could think that Beaton done Hibs with.

Lol

7 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I thought that Killie fans were the biggest moaners in the Premiership, until this thread. 

8 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Obviously missed Jackson having both arms around the Aberdeen strikers at every single challenge.

8 hours ago, Lebowski said:

87F94F60-BA20-4F40-AF7A-F01DDBAA1EB2.gif

Thought Kennedy was really good. Often had 2, sometimes even 3 men to beat but still kept the ball. Drives the team forward and uses the ball well. Defensively he works really hard and matched Boyle several times when required.

Obviously Mcginn has that extra bit of quality on the ball compared to most he plays with and against and he was involved in the goals and him being tucked in field more recently suits him.

If we had a right midfielder/winger of a Kennedy’s ilk and a better centre forward we could be a decent team.

25 minutes ago, big al said:

Thought Kennedy was really good. Often had 2, sometimes even 3 men to beat but still kept the ball. Drives the team forward and uses the ball well. Defensively he works really hard and matched Boyle several times when required.

Obviously Mcginn has that extra bit of quality on the ball compared to most he plays with and against and he was involved in the goals and him being tucked in field more recently suits him.

If we had a right midfielder/winger of a Kennedy’s ilk and a better centre forward we could be a decent team.

image.png.99896d0301bcd304c5d6900a360564ec.png

"We" Montylaugh.png.94850308a32666cabb7d3cb171c020bb.png

image.png

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

2 young lads were getting nicked when we walked past so something happened. No idea what though. Not itk.

Not doubting something maybe happened, but was just having a laugh at the use of the term Hibs Casuals.........so 1990s 😉

All the Hibs youngsters these days are more interested in snorting gear off pub toilet seats than paggering !!

5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Not doubting something maybe happened, but was just having a laugh at the use of the term Hibs Casuals.........so 1990s 😉

All the Hibs youngsters these days are more interested in snorting gear off pub toilet seats than paggering !!

One of them was wearing clone island and they both looked too young to drink.

Mind you, I'm an auld c**t because the police looked too young as well. 😀