Aberdeen vs Hibs

If that’s what Aberdeen being brilliant looks like then I fucking pity you.

The midfield was very good - Ferguson, McGeouch and some ultra-composed dude called Ojo all had a fine game.

6 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

The midfield was very good - Ferguson, McGeouch and some ultra-composed dude called Ojo all had a fine game.

Only after we had a man sent off - until Whittakers brain fart we never looked in any real danger - indeed I was pretty confident of another goal.

Ferguson was pretty good up to that point, but the other two ? i thought they looked a bit lost in the first half especially Ojo who did nothing at all.

9 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Only after we had a man sent off - until Whittakers brain fart we never looked in any real danger - indeed I was pretty confident of another goal.

Ferguson was pretty good up to that point, but the other two ? i thought they looked a bit lost in the first half especially Ojo who did nothing at all.

Still upset about Ojo? 

Josh Vela looked different class today to be fair ...

Whittaker seemed to have a grudge against Ferguson today. He could have been booked for a foul and some afters before his first booking. Then when he fouled Lewis again and got booked, I thought that as a Jack Ross is such a good manager, he’s going to see that it was only a matter of time before Whittaker took out Ferguson again to get a red, and sub him at half time. Jack Ross is not as good a manager as I thought, and that mistake has probably cost Hibs three points. We were superb for the remaining 35 minutes and were always going to win after the red.

By the way, it’s so frustrating to see a Hibs player, don’t know who, block a free kick in the same manner as Dean Campbell two weeks ago, and not even be spoken to. One referee sees it as a yellow, another as absolutely nothing. Frustrating as I say, because that decision against Ross County cost us the three points that day.

46 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Football fans can be erse, but I watched the entire match - If you take the red tinted specs off, an objective assessment might be that Beaton was simply a fud today?

Hibs had a player booked for a shirt tugs and at least one Aberdeen player (Ojo at least?) didnt 10 minutes later -  a bit frustrating and when Red TV says it should be a yellow, you know its not just me saying it.

Absolutely no debate about Whittakers cards, what a fanny.

Two penalties? The only real shout was the Ferguson one, but they were both at it -  when Richard "objective" Gordon says the penalty shout was 50/50 you know it wasnt one.

If the McGinn tackle was a red every match ends up with 8 players a side..................

I've not said he was bad against Aberdeen. I just didn't understand where a Hibs fan could think he cost them the game.

The Considine incident in the first half was the other pen shout.

Ferguson got away with a blatant shirt tug in the second half.

I'm at the Merkland end but from where I'm sat McGinn just volleyed Kennedy when he was long past him. No time for that but happy to be proven wrong by the highlights.

The most annoying decision for me was actually the Hibs player not booked for blocking the quick free kick. We had a player sent off for that with a second yellow a fortnight ago.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

By the way, it’s so frustrating to see a Hibs player, don’t know who, block a free kick in the same manner as Dean Campbell two weeks ago, and not even be spoken to. One referee sees it as a yellow, another as absolutely nothing. Frustrating as I say, because that decision against Ross County cost us the three points that day.

Not the same at all.

McGinn kicked it against him straight away and before the ref even had the chance to tell him to shift his arse. Dean Campbell was told to move, didnt and got a card.

Not my words, but those of Red TV today just as it happened.

HTH

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've not said he was bad against Aberdeen. I just didn't understand where a Hibs fan could think he cost them the game.

Some fans are.............fannies - Whittaker cost us the game

The Considine incident in the first half was the other pen shout.

Watch the highlights, it was such a nothing that it probably wont even make the cut

Ferguson got away with a blatant shirt tug in the second half.

I'm at the Merkland end but from where I'm sat McGinn just volleyed Kennedy when he was long past him. No time for that but happy to be proven wrong by the highlights.

Again, watch it on tv - foul and a yellow correct

The most annoying decision for me was actually the Hibs player not booked for blocking the quick free kick. We had a player sent off for that with a second yellow a fortnight ago.

See mine above 😁

Edited by Green Day

Fucking strolled that till ol’ Whitty decided he couldn’t go anymore and got sent off. Fell to bits after that. 6th/7th/8th place for us this season.

Aye but Brazil 1970 vs Hammer Throwers and all that. You should be satisfied eh ?

Back where you belong (and always have been for decades).

I thought that Beaton had a bit of a stinker today. 

But, having said that, I can understand why he didn't give the blatant penalty for Ferguson. 

From his point of view, he would have seen a slight tug on Docherty's shirt, and a massive set of teeth was blocking his view of Ferguson being fouled. 

Edited by Steve_Wilkos