Aberdeen vs Hibs

Referees seem to have decided to stop giving us penalties, in the league anyway. That’s half a dozen stonewallers denied this season - with today’s thankfully not being pivotal in the end, unlike all the others.

Great performance from Lewis Ferguson today. Drew that second yellow brilliantly - and we at least finally passed the beat ten men test, after failing a few recently.

Need to see their goal again as thought offside at time,also need to see our penalty shout again.That said first half not much between teams penalty shout our only chance first half and for me hibs probably just about deserved to be in lead.Stupid boy for getting himself sent off as he should know better but it totally changed the game and we took over and deserved our win (not our fault hibs shot themselves in the foot )but we were good enough to take advantage.

Just now, tarapoa said:

Referees seem to have decided to stop giving us penalties, in the league anyway. That’s half a dozen stonewallers denied this season - with today’s thankfully not being pivotal in the end, unlike all the others.

Great performance from Lewis Ferguson today. Drew that second yellow brilliantly - and we at least finally passed the beat ten men test, after failing a few recently.

Had a squatch on hibs.net. I know it's the cesspool of jobs fans but the opinion seems to be that the ref had it in for them today.

Whittaker was let off with one late tackle before his first yellow. McGinn could have seen red rather than yellow and we also could have had two penalties. Admittedly I'll need to see them again.

4 minutes ago, ken es said:

Need to see their goal again as thought offside at time,also need to see our penalty shout again.That said first half not much between teams penalty shout our only chance first half and for me hibs probably just about deserved to be in lead.Stupid boy for getting himself sent off as he should know better but it totally changed the game and we took over and deserved our win (not our fault hibs shot themselves in the foot )but we were good enough to take advantage.

First half for me was even but they had the better chances which seemed to come from our errors. As I said earlier both teams were having a lot of joy on the ground but the preferred option still seemed to be the punt.

First half for me was even but they had the better chances which seemed to come from our errors. As I said earlier both teams were having a lot of joy on the ground but the preferred option still seemed to be the punt.
Hibs could have been up 2 or 3nil in 20 mins if it wasn't for Lewis.
They really shouldn't have lost that game today but I'm happy with the 3 points.

Just now, scoobles said:

Hibs could have been up 2 or 3nil in 20 mins if it wasn't for Lewis.
They really shouldn't have lost that game today but I'm happy with the 3 points.

Of course. Doidges header apart the other good chances came from our mistakes. Logan having about 5 chances to release the ball before over running it leading to the goal. The other was Taylor and Logan getting in each others road. The young lad Gullan has to put that away.

Referee had a shite game. Multiple times Aberdeen players were hanging around the Hibs players necks and nothing given. Seen penalties given for less than the first half Aberdeen shout

Another Beaton masterclass

I thought we were brilliant today. Even in the first half, we were slack defensively, but still played some really nice stuff. Even before the sending off, I was confident we’d have chances to get back in it. The sending off allowed us to push 10 yards up the pitch and the first two goals were just forced into the net by sheer pressure alone. McInnes needs to take credit for his sub which was massive in helping that. Anderson could have scored but he helped stretch the defence and offers something we don’t have from our other strikers.

McGeouch was my man if the match today. Best performance in a red shirt against his old club. I hope you were looking on enviously Hibees!! He was so composed in tight areas of the pitch. Great range of passing and got stuck in when needs be. Showed his passion after our first, and the South Stand responded.

Ojo and Ferguson were also superb. Finally showing that they don’t just look good on paper. Taylor and Considine were getting in each other’s way first half but had very little to deal with second, and Big Andy just can’t stop scoring big goals. What a mighty good man.

In an unfamiliar system, I thought the wing-backs were really good, in particular Kennedy up against Boyle. Diligent in tracking back and put in some v dangerous balls. Seen folk on twitter going off their heids about limiting Kennedy’s attacking threat and McInnes caring too much about the opposition setup. I think it probably had more to do with our injuries, if Leigh or McKenna were fit, we could probably have set up the way some would have liked. As it was, I thought he did the role brilliantly, and we had enough creativity through the middle to create chances.

Lewis kept us in it first half, two super saves. Doidge should have scored with that header.

Finally, Main was terrific too. Ran his *absolute* socks off and got the goal he deserved after good work from Anderson. Did well to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

Thought we probably should have had a pen, and their goal looked miles offside, although admittedly I wasn’t best positioned. Cracking match and glad I made the trip up.

Come on you fucking reds!

Referee had a shite game. Multiple times Aberdeen players were hanging around the Hibs players necks and nothing given. Seen penalties given for less than the first half Aberdeen shout

Another Beaton masterclass

Aye our defenders were all over your attackers at times. Shite for both teams imo.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Had a squatch on hibs.net. I know it's the cesspool of jobs fans but the opinion seems to be that the ref had it in for them today.

Whittaker was let off with one late tackle before his first yellow. McGinn could have seen red rather than yellow and we also could have had two penalties. Admittedly I'll need to see them again.

Football fans can be erse, but I watched the entire match - If you take the red tinted specs off, an objective assessment might be that Beaton was simply a fud today?

Hibs had a player booked for a shirt tugs and at least one Aberdeen player (Ojo at least?) didnt 10 minutes later -  a bit frustrating and when Red TV says it should be a yellow, you know its not just me saying it.

Absolutely no debate about Whittakers cards, what a fanny.

Two penalties? The only real shout was the Ferguson one, but they were both at it -  when Richard "objective" Gordon says the penalty shout was 50/50 you know it wasnt one.

If the McGinn tackle was a red every match ends up with 8 players a side..................

17 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Finally, Main was terrific too. Ran his *absolute* socks off and got the goal he deserved after good work from Anderson. Did well to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

I actually thought he was poor until Anderson came on - ball wasn't sticking often enough and he was becoming frustrated. Obviously pleased to see him score, though. 

Nice to see McGinn involved in all three goals, too. Barring a late change, with Cosgrove a bit out of picture at the moment, he has to be firm favourite for our Player of the Year.