St Johnstone vs Livingston 07/03/2020

A lot of similarities with the 0-0 draw with St. Mirren just before Christmas. I do think though that we just about shaded this one yesterday.
The game was so bitty and for that Kevin Clancy is massively to blame, stopping the game for nothing fouls. Also felt Livi were playing for the 0-0 more than we were, not that we were great either.

51 minutes ago, Broon_100 said:

Obviously the game was a shocker. However, we've got to be delighted with how well our defence played. Particularly McCart. That was a 90 minute aerial assault. 

Other than the 3 central defenders and Clark, not many pass marks. Thought Holt was the best of the midfield 3. Hendry had a few nice touches and flicks. 

Game seemed to change when Spoony came on and what a goal he nearly scored. Hendrys goal deserved to win the game though. Great cross, even better finish. You've got to love Callum Hendry. Top player, looked knackered after 60 mins but kept going. He's such a natural finisher.

Our back 3 are tremendous right now, they're an absolute wall and work really well as a unit and cover each other's positions. The stats for defensive headers won must be very good indeed. Kerr's passing is getting better, and even if he's a wee bit more defensively frail than Gordon he's able to be more mobile. All 3 seem extremely fit just now too.  

Thought May did as well as he probably could. It was a 2 up front on paper but he was up there on his own a lot of the time, with Zander lumping balls in his general direction. 

Just on Zander, one wee spill and a semi-bombscare in the first half when he raced out and looked like he might not make it aside, he looked much more confident coming for crosses and generally holding on to the ball. I only remember one punch out and that was good too. 

Seems we gave away 7 corners yesterday (felt like more) and I only remember one of them being a bit of an issue when a Livi player - might have been Bartley? - got some space and got a shot off.

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I suspect his performance might have been impacted by it being his stag do and he'd been in the hospitality all afternoon. 

No comment.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No comment.

If you mean the very fact that it happened, then yeah .. drunk guy doing keepy-ups and pulling a number out of a tombola is fairly high on the tinpot index, but the main thing is that the PA system now appears to be working properly. 

The poor audio at the half time draw got considerable airtime at the recent fan forum. Our new Chief Exec was very keen to give out the details on how much of a personal priority it was, and it was a very live issue in the room. 

edit -- oh, was it you then?

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

5 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

If you mean the very fact that it happened, then yeah .. drunk guy doing keepy-ups and pulling a number out of a tombola is fairly high on the tinpot index, but the main thing is that the PA system now appears to be working properly. 

The poor audio at the half time draw got considerable airtime at the recent fan forum. Our new Chief Exec was very keen to give out the details on how much of a personal priority it was, and it was a very live issue in the room. 

The drunk guy was Random :lol:

48 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Kudos to the sportscene editing staff for making that look like a game of football

A remarkable feat of editing. I was expecting it to come with BBFC rating. 
Also, Steven Thompson is raging that we’ve not below St Mirren 😂 I honestly don’t think we get blown away on grass but our record is pish.

Edited by crispy

5 minutes ago, crispy said:

Steven Thompson is raging that we’ve not below St Mirren

Hes great fun. He does that predictor for the BBC every Saturday morning. Relatively sure hes not predicted us to win a game since December. 

12 minutes ago, crispy said:

A remarkable feat of editing. I was expecting it to come with BBFC rating. 
Also, Steven Thompson is raging that we’ve not below St Mirren 😂 I honestly don’t think we get blown away on grass but our record is pish.

Certainly not in the two games against us on a grass pitch anyway. First game we stole a point, yesterday we were lucky to be the one who produced a moment of quality and created the chance to win the game.