St Johnstone vs Livingston 07/03/2020

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Saints had a couple more shots tbf.

I don’t think we deserved to win. Ah yes They had a shot after this (tipped over), you’re right. We didn’t threaten much second half.

Edited by crispy

One of the worst games of football I’ve ever seen in my life, and we lost, sick. 
Nothing else to say really, awful awful game. 

It was an awful game of football. I’m well happy though.

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Saints had a couple more shots tbf.

Those stats are a lot of shite. 

The BBC reported Saints had 78% possession against Celtic last week as well 🙄

-----

Livi's gameplan "do not lose" cost them today. Hoping for a goal from a set piece. Little threat from them at all in the second half. 

Lawless' miss in the first half a big moment as well. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Those stats are a lot of shite. 

The BBC reported Saints had 78% possession against Celtic last week as well 🙄

-----

Livi's gameplan "do not lose" cost them today. Hoping for a goal from a set piece. Little threat from them at all in the second half. 

Lawless' miss in the first half a big moment as well. 

It did look like a ‘do not lose’ performance with so many launched balls. Had to laugh when Bartley re-took the punt off the drop ball.

edit- will delete those stats, was blinded by salty tears 😂

Edited by crispy

Can only echo the above; an repulsive ninety minutes. Two sides doing their best not to lose.

Two bits of quality with Wright's ball in and Wotherspoon's effort is all we really offered. Our changes were very like for like too and I didn't really see us scoring before the goal.

Can only feel for Livi fans sitting through that and leaving with nothing.

Brutal game of football. Other than a bright opening couple of minutes, we had a 5 minute spell in the first half when May’s header was tipped over. And that was about it.

Our back three are so much stronger, particularly in the air today, when you think back to how fragile we were in the first half of the season.

Thought MOH coming on maybe stretched the game a bit and opened up a bit of space. Thought both our wing backs were really poor, but great ball in from Wright for the goal.  Booth must be wondering what he’s done wrong!

Callum Hendry is a player. Some great touches in the first half and an excellent finish.  There’s no weaknesses in his game, as a centre forward he has everything.

Brilliant 3 points. Buzzing for next Saturday now.  Hopefully we take a big noisy drunken support through to Edinburgh. Last minute Saints winner anyone??

1 minute ago, East Calder Lion said:

I doubt if any team in the league has lost more points in the last 5-10 minutes of a game than we have this season.

If it’s any consolation, we’ve won fucking hunners of points in the last 10 minutes of matches this season.

I think 3-5-2 suits us best as well. I like having the security of the 3 quality cbs, 3 ballers/runners  in the middle and May and Hendry benefit from a partner up front. I’d probably look to build a side capable of playing that formation next season. 

harsh on Booth who is probably the one players who suffers most from not playing a back 4.