Hearts (Scottish Premiership hopefuls) v Motherwell (European hopefuls) 7th March

Looks like there'll be a few goals in this today, one way or another....

12 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Sounds as though we made a mess of a 4 on 1 break and it could have been a penalty.

Yes, we should have scored. 

Penalty appeal... nah.

Now one-all on the soft-penalty-appeals.

We could have had another if Chris Long's volleying technique had been spot on.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Looks like there'll be a few goals in this today, one way or another....
Yes, we should have scored. 
Penalty appeal... nah.

Now one-all on the soft-penalty-appeals.

We could have had another if Chris Long's volleying technique had been spot on.
Radio said the offside flag went up at Long's volley off the bar.

20 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Radio said the offside flag went up at Long's volley off the bar.

There was another aside from that one.  It came down with snow on it, and he slightly mis-hit so it looped over the bar (and the keeper who was in no-man's land)

Baws indeed to the equaliser.  We shouid have been able to clear it

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

15 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Annoyed not to have won after being ahead, but the radio made a draw sound fair enough.

Kind of the same but also, not chucking an injury time goal in is a bonus and Top 6 confirmed. So there's that.

giphy.gif 

Thought that was a cracking game TBH - I would imagine both sets of supporters would secretly be happy with a point based on the way it went. 

If Wednesday night was about our midfield - I thought all three of our much maligned forward line had great games today - certainly Hyltons best for us IMO.

I think the only regret was not taking advantage of the 4 on 2 break we had at 1-0 - really should have had that. 

Hearts really didn't look like a bottom of the league team - would be pretty shocked if they ended up there.

Big yin on Friday now!

Would've taken 4 out of 6 points before this week so it's pish to have done it and end up further behind.

I thought we were the better team but not much in it, just thought we pushed much harder for the winner.  Shocker from Halkett at the goal but I actually thought he was decent otherwise, which I suppose doesn't count for much when you sell a goal like that.

Clare getting injured retrieving the ball from a throw in sums up our luck with injuries just now.

Motherwell looked very dangerous on the break first half, less so second.  I actually thought it was a very entertaining, hard fought game, even if the conditions meant it was low on quality

Overall not a disaster, though tainted with Hamilton winning but gained on St Mirren and County this week with both still to play twice.