Hearts (Scottish Premiership hopefuls) v Motherwell (European hopefuls) 7th March

We were very good the other night but I’ve got the fear for this one. I know we won the last game at Tynecastle but our record there isn’t great and Hearts will be better than they were then. f**k it 2-0 Motherwell is my prediction.

It's certainly an interesting match. With ourselves having the nice bounce of both beating a team at home and also doing it in such a comfortable fashion like we were playing last year. Hearts have also got their bounce back from the last 2 matches so it will be a difficult match to call.

Interesting thing to note is that this will be the Third hearts manager that we have faced this season (Levein, MacPhee and now Stendel) so I wonder how we will go in tactically.

The best bet would be to keep the same formation/squad that we started with on wednesday. Dont see much need to change it and we can always put Turnbull on within the last 10-15 minutes to help both him and ourselves.

Edited by Phillips455

There's a different pressure on Hearts in this game compared to games against Rangers and Hibs - despite the fact we've got more than double Hearts' points, a normal Tynecastle punter will be expecting (justifiably given the huge gulf in wage bills) to be beating Motherwell any time we play.

The last time we were at Tynecastle, it was at the end of Levein's time and the level of seethe from the home supporters was mental and certainly wasn't helpful to Hearts - our best hope is to start well, get a bit of quality maroon-on-maroon booing action going and take it from there.

If our midfield are anywhere near as good as they were last night, we'll give Hearts a game at least - we great on the break at times and we'll need to be doing that on Saturday...

Same starters as last night will do me...

The result last night was a monkey off our back in terms of our utterly shite run of form and all but confirmed Top 6 for us (12 points ahead of 7th with 12 to play for before the split). So given our generally poor record at Tynecastle I could see this being one where Hearts "want it more" as I'm not sure an unexpected European spot trumps unexpected relegation in terms of motivation.

As @Swello says above our midfield were smashing last night and we looked like we were actually having fun playing fitba' again - which was nice.

I'd happily take a draw tbqh.

39 minutes ago, Swello said:

There's a different pressure on Hearts in this game compared to games against Rangers and Hibs - despite the fact we've got more than double Hearts' points, a normal Tynecastle punter will be expecting (justifiably given the huge gulf in wage bills) to be beating Motherwell any time we play.

The last time we were at Tynecastle, it was at the end of Levein's time and the level of seethe from the home supporters was mental and certainly wasn't helpful to Hearts - our best hope is to start well, get a bit of quality maroon-on-maroon booing action going and take it from there.

If our midfield are anywhere near as good as they were last night, we'll give Hearts a game at least - we great on the break at times and we'll need to be doing that on Saturday...

Same starters as last night will do me...

Not for me

Watt in for either Aaron’s or Hylton 

Hearts are suddenly looking good and Motherwell are looking good.

I've no idea if we can win three games on the trot, it's been a while.

I think it will be a good close game. 

46 minutes ago, Swello said:

No danger we'll turn like that.  I generally think our fans are torn faced arseholes but they've been good at not turning early under Stendel, and given the last two results there should be good backing.

We've struggled in games like this all season and we've already had a few false dawns so I'm cautious about this. That said, the win against Rangers on Saturday was our most complete performance of the season up to that point and the derby was even better. We looked far more confident and defensively solid, which makes me cautiously optimistic that we'll see a large reduction in the clownshoe defending from now on. 

It seems like a no-brainer to play something close to the same team for this one. Moore has done well in the least couple of games but took a knock near the end against Hibs so I'd bring Naismith in for him and move Washington out wide. Hopefully Sibbick is fit enough for the bench.

Zlámal

Smith Dikamona Halkett Hickey

Damour Bozanic

Clare Naismith Washington

Boyce

I suppose my concern is that the midfield isn't particularly creative. That wasn't a problem against Rangers and away to Hibs because they left us space at the back, but I'd imagine Motherwell will be a bit more cautious. There might be a case for Walker or even Meshino to start but there isn't really anyone you can drop to accommodate them.

1-1.

On 05/03/2020 at 15:03, LincolnHearts said:

Could all depend on which Motherwell turn up.

That's exactly what it depends on. Fluctuating between world beaters to absolute dugshite with very little inbetween . I'd bet even Hearts would struggle to let in some of the goals we've given away.  2-1 Well (hopefully)