Morton v Arbroath

Fucking hell that was frustrating

Thought we managed the game well and played decent stuff in spells and tbh thought we were unlucky to lose

Wighton scoring a good goal and another good performance. Big fan of him out right. Stewart and Craigen done well too I thought.

That ref was fuckin hopeless.

We were second best. I will say that and Arbroath were not excellent, but organized and knew how to deal with us... for the most part.

But they should have been shutting down every cross and didn't. That's been our main strength. Because of that, they deserved to lose points.

Sounds harsh, but I think I've been consistent on this stuff.

We were fucking awful. Arbroath must be gutted at not taking all three points. Neither of us are making the play offs. Always a good laugh watching a team who've spent over half an hour time wasting lose an injury time goal mind you. 

Robbie Muirhead is to professional football what John Candy is to rhytmic gymnastics. Why McHugh isn't starting is beyond me.

We were second best. I will say that and Arbroath were not excellent, but organized and knew how to deal with us... for the most part.
But they should have been shutting down every cross and didn't. That's been our main strength. Because of that, they deserved to lose points.
Sounds harsh, but I think I've been consistent on this stuff.

I get your point but it's just an opinion on who was the better team, think we edged it, yes we were not perfect and fair enough it ended a draw, because you scored 1 and we scored 1 too.

No as complicated as all that mate [emoji23]

You WERE the better team. I said that. There's a difference between that and deserving.

I was just responding to someone saying we didn't deserve it. Not because we were better, but because the opposition fucked it. It happens. I liked watching you and genuinely hope that, if you get to the playoffs, you f**k the lot of them, however unlikely it may seem.

21 minutes ago, virginton said:

That is daylight robbery: we were absolutely fucking abysmal throughout. Picking Kalvin Orsi and Robbie Muirhead up front was by far the biggest cause of our problems: we were effectively playing with nine men and it was no surprise that we only started registering shots on goal after they both fucked off. McGinty and Baird were piss-poor as well. 

Escaping with a completely undeserved point is a bonus but that surely sets us up for a fairly meaningless run to the end of the season. If we beat last season’s points total then it’ll be job done.

Being slightly less jobbyish than a bunch of jobbys for about the umpteenth  season in succession is the sort of “job done” we have been putting up with for virtually all of the last 146 years.  Time to call in some craftsmen.

That was awful.

Can't believe we've given that useless carthorse Orsi a contract for next season already on the basis of him running about a bit. 

Felt a bit for Muirhead tbh, don't get me wrong I don't think he's good enough for us (or full time football at all) but Hopkin shouldn't be throwing him in out of nowhere and certainly shouldn't be playing him as a centre mid playing deeper than Reece Lyon, or having him as the man back when we're taking a corner/Strapp throw in.

5 minutes ago, tonup9 said:

The Arbroath time wasting was an embarrassment,the sheep shaggers got what they deserved

No need for that sort of mudslinging. It's fish they shag in Arbroath.

The time wasting is what cost Arbroath. As soon as they took the lead they sat back too much despite us panicking whenever they attacked. A ln undeserved equaliser came deep into stoppage time that was added because of the time wasting

You WERE the better team. I said that. There's a difference between that and deserving.
I was just responding to someone saying we didn't deserve it. Not because we were better, but because the opposition fucked it. It happens. I liked watching you and genuinely hope that, if you get to the playoffs, you f**k the lot of them, however unlikely it may seem.

Haha cheers man.

We were awful today there is no getting away from that. No pass marks from anyone as we well under par for almost the entire game.

Not making Muirhead a scapegoat but he put in the type of performance were you genuinely have to ask, does he seriously want to play professional football? 

Arbroath looked well organised and seemed to want the win more, which is poor considering how decent we have been since the turn of the year.

Thankfully we got the draw in the end up, but probably deserved nothing from the game if we're being honest

We have never time wasted when one goal ahead this season, of course.

We knew the top four was unrealistic and the defence would make the sort of form required to sneak in too difficult. The season is now about maintaining a healthy gap to the bottom two, getting the points to ensure that’ll remain the case as soon as possible and keeping the core of the team who’ll be here next season playing together and continuing to gel.

That means not picking someone who will be having the ‘year at Clyde’ stop on their inevitable descent to the Lowland League next season like Muirhead while the likes of Lyon are sitting on the bench, and while the points total to get us top four would take title winning form from here and isn’t going to happen, we should still be aiming for high 40s.