Morton v Arbroath

Really well matched game on Saturday. Both teams have had good runs since the last time we played, unbeaten in 4 for us and Morton picked up some good results recently.

Team will more than likely be exactly the same as the previous few games which is fair enough.

Hopefully better weather than our last game down there and a better performance too. The games between the teams have not been easy on the eye the previous 3 meetings.

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Getting the train through for this, drank in the Norseman last time and will pass on returning there so what are the decent boozers in town?

Depends on yer preference. If ye don't mind a Weatherspoons get yer ticket to Greenock Central and have a few cheap ones in the James Watt. The Waterline, The Lighthouse and The Old Bank Bar are all nearby as well. Otherwise stay on til Greenock West and you have a few pubs around there. Naw been in a few for a while round there but The Green Oak, Argyll and Sutherland and The Willow are all a coupla minutes walk from there. Then jump back on to Cartsdyke for the game. Or stay on all the way to Gourock and do a pub crawl that should start and end in The Kempock and "The Best Jukebox in Inverclyde"

34 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Does Cappielow water-log easily?

Not really. High tide affects drainage tho

7 hours ago, Smokie joe 🐟🇱🇻 said:

Pretty sure it will be same team as last night only change I would make is Stewart for swankie for a bit of pace and width going forward. Swankie played very narrow last night at times I thought.

Tough game with both teams in decent form.

Bobby for Swanks, surely

Really hope Rogers' injury was minor and we won't need to field that clownshoes Ramsbottom: between him and our centre-backs we'd probably concede five no bother.

We have no real threat of relegation now and need a win here to give us any half-decent shot at the play-offs; the same pretty much applies to Arbroath, so hopefully it'll be an open and entertaining game instead of the three God-awful, attritional shitfests that we've seen so far this season.

Bobby or stewart in for swankie please. Gav has done well but i feel like we need to go back to proper wingers.

Whats happened to mckenna? Not been in the squad since he had a kid

Can't get back in the squad. Will need to wait on someone dropping out.

ETA: the above is nonsense. He has an injury I am lead to believe.

Bobby or stewart in for swankie please. Gav has done well but i feel like we need to go back to proper wingers.

Whats happened to mckenna? Not been in the squad since he had a kid

He is injured. Hopefully back for the rearranged Ayr game

I would be inclined to make a couple of changes, I didn't think Whatley or Gold did anything of any note on Wednesday Craigen to come in for one of them, I don't think we signed Craigen to sit on the bench. Donnelly or Bobby to replace Swankie also.

To have any chance of a top 4 finish, we need to win this. Hopkin hasn't willingly changed the starting line up too much recently  so wouldn't expect too many changes. As long as Cadden and Nesbitt start, we always have a chance!

Anything else and it "should" mean mid table obscurity for us this season, assuming no Raith type collapse. 

Expect a tight game. Arbroath have impressed this season and even in the last game,  they were very unlucky not to take something from the game but at the same time, we look really dangerous going forward scoring 14 goals in our last 5 games.

BTTS and Morton just to edge it 3-2 to keep slim playoff hopes alive.

I would be inclined to make a couple of changes, I didn't think Whatley or Gold did anything of any note on Wednesday Craigen to come in for one of them, I don't think we signed Craigen to sit on the bench. Donnelly or Bobby to replace Swankie also.

Who did do anything of note on Wednesday though haha?

Craigen has had a hard time of it as in he's been coming off the bench into the middle of tight games to play in the middle of the park. But I wouldn't be dropping any of the middle 3 at the moment they are in my opinion the best combination. Gold brings a really clever touch going forward along with good pressing. Whatley gets about the park so well and puts pressure on to other teams and wins second balls so well. Miko perfect for sitting in.

Would be ok with changing it up out wide. Swankie has done well in fairness but Bobby seems the better option. Wighton also done well there against Partick and it might get him involved in the game more instead of being isolated uptop which would be a good thing.

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Cuckoo. Whatley does a fantastic selfless job in there week in week out as does Goldie. As for Donnelly *%*@