Dunfermline vs Queen of the South - The Dom Thomas Show

Dobbie's lack of goals/goal attempts isn't all down to the formation or team selection not suiting him,  deft touches,  taking on and beating defenders definitely aren't coming off for him like previous seasons and defenders are maybe marking him better.  He's obviously still the one you look to for creativity but even he would surely admit he's not been as effective. 

We need to talk about Dobbie, his body language and performance last few months has been worrying. Something isn’t right. 

Dobbie is probably as pissed off playing in a Johnston team as we all are watching one. The only injury worries he’ll have is a strained neck from watching the ball getting shelled over his head all game.

I’ve said it before but Johnston failing to make the most of having Dobbie at his disposal should be a sacking offence on its own. Factor in his complete failure across all competitions and I’m struggling to think why we are still employing him and that cretin Clark.

15 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I suppose these two latest results have stopped the rot.

Draws won't save us though.

15 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Another unhelpful result. Johnston will view it as “stopping the rot” and will cling onto his job, but draws won’t save us and neither will he.

Dog Reaction GIF

Anyway, I'm not angry with the Pars. I'm just very disappointed...

Kevin Nisbet celebrates his birthday today. Hopefully a bit too much and he's out for Tuesday.

18 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Dog Reaction GIF

Kevin Nisbet celebrates his birthday today. Hopefully a bit too much and he's out for Tuesday.

Nisbet is injured and didn't play yesterday,  possibly will be missing for  a few games according to some Pars fans. Their front man yesterday,  Afolabi (? spelling)  is a bit if a handful though I thought. 

Edit to add: was going to say watch out for the diving wee bassa that was booked for simulation yesterday but you've got Cardle,  if fit,  which evens it up. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

200.gif&key=86f70271c4fcb0962fe6706d8edb03c67911a0c287ebce4b5d7e776d8829d030

Nisbet is out indefinitely. Crawford’s already confirmed he definitely won’t be available for Tuesday.

Thought Dobbie has been disappointing all season, when I’ve seen him. He doesn’t seem as interested as he used to be. Think the only thing he did all game yesterday, was his terrible dive at the edge of the box in the second half. I find it bizarre that Queens fans are so quick to criticise Turner’s dive (which was a shocker and he was rightly booked for), but have just forgotten about Dobbie’s... he dived 2/3ft forward, so that he landed inside the box, after running in between 2 defenders and realising he had hit it too far ahead of himself. Pathetic stuff.

He doesn’t look the same player he was and I wonder if age has caught up to him. He used to turn really quickly and get away from defenders, but doesn’t seem capable of that now. He used to be capable of making chances for himself, out of nothing, but now seems to spend all game moaning about everything and blaming everyone else, when his first touch is poor, or he runs into a defender. Not sure if he’s just given up, or age has caught up with him.

Thought Dobbie has been disappointing all season, when I’ve seen him. He doesn’t seem as interested as he used to be. Think the only thing he did all game yesterday, was his terrible dive at the edge of the box in the second half. I find it bizarre that Queens fans are so quick to criticise Turner’s dive (which was a shocker and he was rightly booked for), but have just forgotten about Dobbie’s... he dived 2/3ft forward, so that he landed inside the box, after running in between 2 defenders and realising he had hit it too far ahead of himself. Pathetic stuff.

He doesn’t look the same player he was and I wonder if age has caught up to him. He used to turn really quickly and get away from defenders, but doesn’t seem capable of that now. He used to be capable of making chances for himself, out of nothing, but now seems to spend all game moaning about everything and blaming everyone else, when his first touch is poor, or he runs into a defender. Not sure if he’s just given up, or age has caught up with him.

Cheers Geoff.

I appreciate QoTS fans did play a few long balls but there was also more than a few times where Dobbie received the ball to feet and then proceeded to lose it very cheaply, Devine had an easy afternoon all things considered up against him. 

He's scored 10 league goals in the past year, few of those penalties I'd imagine. He's not close to the player he was. 

I appreciate QoTS fans did play a few long balls but there was also more than a few times where Dobbie received the ball to feet and then proceeded to lose it very cheaply, Devine had an easy afternoon all things considered up against him. 
He's scored 10 league goals in the past year, few of those penalties I'd imagine. He's not close to the player he was. 

It pains me to agree with you - let’s be honest most Championship teams launch plenty of aimless long balls in the general direction of their lone striker so we are hardly a glaring exception. I have noticed in recent weeks that opposing defences are coping very easily with Dobbie. When he does get the “ball into feet” he has been losing it tamely and in all honesty he hasn’t really looked like scoring which is very unlike him. Sincerely hope that this is a temporary blip as we will unquestionably need him to deliver if we are to somehow save ourselves.

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

It pains me to agree with you - let’s be honest most Championship teams launch plenty of aimless long balls in the general direction of their lone striker so we are hardly a glaring exception. I have noticed in recent weeks that opposing defences are coping very easily with Dobbie. When he does get the “ball into feet” he has been losing it tamely and in all honesty he hasn’t really looked like scoring which is very unlike him. Sincerely hope that this is a temporary blip as we will unquestionably need him to deliver if we are to somehow save ourselves.

There's no doubt that little is coming off for Dobbie at present, but we need to remember how small the sample size is.  He's seldom getting the chance to try.  Even at his best, it often didn't work, but it sometimes did.

It hasn't completely vanished.  Against Morton last week, a brilliant bit of trickery got him in, early in the second half, but the goalkeeper made a good save.  It just wasn't that memorable or exciting because we were already 2-0 down at the time.

I'm not going to stubbornly insist that Dobbie is at the top of his game right now, because he's not.  He's much more capable than anyone else we have though.  Given our predicament, I still think that voluntarily not fielding him would be bonkers.

Dobbie is at his best up top with a strike partner.

At present the front three are so far apart it is hard for them to link up and make chances. Kidd at right wing just doesn’t look right. 

Dykes would flick it on giving Dobbie one on one situations around the box. At the moment he is picking the ball up 30 yards from goal.

It will be lack of goals scored that ultimately decides Queens fate this season. 

How the f**k is the keeper getting beat for their goal there? That is absolute shite.

Murray’s header looked in anol. Keeper makes a total arse of it and carries it over.

Can't help but laugh at AJ's interview, specifically when discussing the penalty and that it's unlucky and those decisions seem to go against you when you're down the bottom (more from Sandra tbf). Short memory given what happened during the week!

28 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Unlucky that the defender stupidly dived in and took out the man? I'm so glad we got rid of that idiot.

It's an unnecessarily risky tackle but it looks like he gets the ball first. Shouldn't have been a penalty, though given we somehow got away with one on Tuesday we can't really complain.

Have to say the one the keeper saved in the first half looks NOT over the line in that footage. We'll likely have had Go Pros in the next or beside it though so we'll probably clear it up when we publish our footage.