Dunfermline vs Queen of the South - The Dom Thomas Show

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Surely, this is madness.

Nope he just doesn't look like his old self the now. Don't know whether he is slightly injured or the formation of the team ain't suiting him. Formation today just kept seeing the ball comeback looked like weren't playing with a centre forward. 

12 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Nope he just doesn't look like his old self the now. Don't know whether he is slightly injured or the formation of the team ain't suiting him. Formation today just kept seeing the ball comeback looked like weren't playing with a centre forward. 

Take him out of the picture though and we really are playing without a striker.

We need wins, and you don't get them without scoring goals.  There are too few games left to go resting our best player for one of them.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We need wins, and you don't get them without scoring goals.  There are too few games left to go resting our best player for one of them.

Compromise bring him on for the 2nd half on Tuesday then. 

He’s not been playing anything like our best player for a while, a know where your coming from though. The fact that fraud footballer Petravicius keeps getting on instead of Hamilton would suggest he’ll be next in line if dobbie was dropped.. dobbie stays

Just now, qos1990 said:

He’s not been playing anything like our best player for a while, a know where your coming from though. The fact that fraud footballer Petravicius keeps getting on instead of Hamilton would suggest he’ll be next in line if dobbie was dropped.. dobbie stays

Petra came on right mid in place of Kidd today felt at that point Hamilton should have came on for Dobbie. 

Felt we were fortunate with the penalty but maybe unlucky with Murray’s header.  Draw seemed a fair result.   We started poorly but gradually got better and after about an hour we were well on top.  High energy, giving the ball to thomas and ross who were both destroying their full backs. But then we stopped doing that and the game got very chaotic where either side could have won it.

Having so many key players out doesn’t help but it is failure to get full points from games like this or a draw from games like inverness that we will not get into the playoffs. 

Dobbie had a poor game but we are playing a style of football that doesn't suit him. Huge punts to absolutely no one. The couple of times we actually tried to play football we created a shot on goal.

If we are determined to play the hoof game, you either drop him deeper or even put in central midfield. I honestly think he work would work really well in the midfield.

Positive from today defence & goalkeeper held firm from open play despite Pars many attacks & Wilson that boy has some engine mom performance today. Negatives void of ideas linking defence to attack. 

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Give Dobbie Tues night off, get him refreshed for Ayr on Friday night looks like e needs a break. 

A better idea might be to give Johnston the remaining period of his contract off.

8 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Petra came on right mid in place of Kidd today felt at that point Hamilton should have came on for Dobbie. 

I thought Petra played well once he came on today. Great pace on the lad. However, sometimes there is a clear space for him to run into and he shitebags it

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

2 shots or target today according to BBC. Our problem isn't Dobbie not scoring, it's that we aren't creating enough chances for him.

Surely it's total shots that relate to the number of chances that are created - not just those on target.

Lack of shots on target comes down to the quality of finishing displayed by the players.

I say again that Dobbie, by his own standards, would admit to being off it this season.

I strongly suspect that his injury from last season is somehow hampering his performance now.

Surely it's total shots that relate to the number of chances that are created - not just those on target.
Lack of shots on target comes down to the quality of finishing displayed by the players.
I say again that Dobbie, by his own standards, would admit to being off it this season.
I strongly suspect that his injury from last season is somehow hampering his performance now.
Perhaps, but that total being 6 doesn't take away from my point really.

If Dobbie was missing chance after chance every week I would be of the same view but the only chance I recall him missing recently was the 'offside' one against Morton. Apart from that I can't remember the last time I saw him miss a chance he'd normally bury.

The fact we were discussing whether this midfield was worse than the Simmons/McLaughlin one says it all about what the real issue is IMO.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Perhaps, but that total being 6 doesn't take away from my point really.

If Dobbie was missing chance after chance every week I would be of the same view but the only chance I recall him missing recently was the 'offside' one against Morton. Apart from that I can't remember the last time I saw him miss a chance he'd normally bury.

The fact we were discussing whether this midfield was worse than the Simmons/McLaughlin one says it all about what the real issue is IMO.

Yes, the point really is to do with the service Dobbie receives.

We all know that he's not just a penalty box striker who finishes well if others create good chances for him.  He can - at his best - make things happen by himself.  Even then though, we need to have decent possession in forward areas if he's to be effective.  From what I've seen, we've not had much of that, and Dobbie's lack of goals has more to do with that than any deterioration in his own form.

He's still our best bet though.

By recent standards that was an improved performance today but worrying how few chances we created. Holt got taken to the cleaners and Thomas should really have made a lot more of the succession of openings that he created. Didn’t look a penalty but when you needlessly go to ground in penalty box you run the risk.

We played better when Ledger went off, Lyon moved to RB and Petra came on. The big winger certainly gave us an out ball on the right and unlike his previous outings he was fully involved and his pace caused problems. Whether he can do that consistently is another question.

Keeper,Kilday, Semple, Wilson and Oliver all did well. Need wins urgently from somewhere but to stay up or even avoid bottom place we need to find a way to create ammunition for Dobbie.