Dunfermline vs Queen of the South - The Dom Thomas Show

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Queens created nothing, other than the goal they scored. You’re genuinely arguing that we didn’t even deserve a draw, because we only created 3 chances (including the pen) in a game where Queens created just 1?

Both teams were poor and a draw was a fair result. Honestly can’t understand any argument that Queens deserved to win, on the balance of play.

One chance, apart from the one Kidd put wide, the one Lyon had cleared of the line and the Dobbie shot that was saved?

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Queens created nothing, other than the goal they scored. You’re genuinely arguing that we didn’t even deserve a draw, because we only created 3 chances (including the pen) in a game where Queens created just 1?

Both teams were poor and a draw was a fair result. Honestly can’t understand any argument that Queens deserved to win, on the balance of play.

Look back on the Queens highlights which shows every chance created for both sides.

Then honestly tell me Queens created one chance.

Hands up though..... I agree to stretching Queens deserved the win....... Draw a fair result 👍

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Why are we still discussing a dull 1-1 draw days later when both sides have games tonight?

Mental eh? I keep coming back and seeing this thread renewed. 

Walk away from the thread. 

To be honest, if he’s clattered right through the man, nowhere near the ball, that would be a stonewaller. Having seen it back, it’s a definite penalty but that’s different to being a stonewaller. For me, a stonewaller is one that nobody can dispute at the game and is clear for everyone to see. Not one that you need to see again.

The defender definitely looks like he gets the man before the ball. However, it’s one officials quite often don’t give, as they’re unsure whether the defender catches the man before the ball or not and they can’t be giving penalties unless they’re completely sure of the decision. It wasn’t far off being a great challenge. Ethan Ross did very well moving his body a bit, to make sure he got the contact.

Yep this. Had to watch it several times. Ross gets his foot in front of the defenders challenge to turn it from a risky tackle into a penalty. Difficult to be too harsh on the defender though as he had to do something or it was getting cut across the goal for a tap in.