Dunfermline vs Queen of the South - The Dom Thomas Show

54 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It's as stonewall as they come and the fans who didn't think it was were up the opposite end at the time.

Honestly, you can't still be inconclusive on this subject?

50 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Yes, yes it is. It's an absolute stonewaller. 

Those fans said it having seen it in real time from the other end of the stadium, since the highlights have went up everyone, outwith you, is in agreement it's a penalty. 

It's not a marginal call, it's not even close. That happens anywhere on the pitch and you wouldn't even think twice, going through a player before you get the ball is always a foul, and usually a yellow. You got lucky that you didn't end up with ten men, that's the debate. 

Stonewaller cleatly has a different definition in Fife. Its nowhere near stonewall. He touches the ball. Its not clear whether his trailling leg may touch Ross first. It's a tight call, however you dress it up. Its a silly challenge which probably got what it deserved but its not a stonewaller in a month of sundays.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Stonewaller cleatly has a different definition in Fife. Its nowhere near stonewall. He touches the ball. Its not clear whether his trailling leg may touch Ross first. It's a tight call, however you dress it up. Its a silly challenge which probably got what it deserved but its not a stonewaller in a month of sundays.

No it doesn't, you're just utterly, unequivocally wrong. Your highlights confirm it even more. 

Your inability to admit that QoTS have got lucky is utterly mental. 

Highlights confirm an absolute stonewall penalty, and that the ball also wasn't over the line. 

Should have been a second yellow for the QoTS defender. 

No it doesn't, you're just utterly, unequivocally wrong. Your highlights confirm it even more. 

Highlights confirm an absolute stonewall penalty, and that the ball also wasn't over the line. 
You've said that a few times now. It doesn't look like a yellow card offence to me. He's mistimed his challenge by a second or so. It wasn't a dirty or dangerous tackle and he was penalised by conceding a penalty. If he received a second yellow for that I'd be fuming tbh.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You've said that a few times now. It doesn't look like a yellow card offence to me. He's mistimed his challenge by a second or so. It wasn't a dirty or dangerous tackle and he was penalised by conceding a penalty. If he received a second yellow for that I'd be fuming tbh.

If it was his first yellow would you still be fuming? 

When he goes to ground there he's either winning the ball. He might miss man and ball in which case Ross is now well inside the box, with a decent goalscoring opperunity with players in the middle, or he fouls the player. Evidently the 3rd happened. 

Obviously the rule changed a couple? Of seasons back so that you don't give out reds for penalty unless you've made no attempt to play the ball, I had a quick look to see if that applied to not giving out second yellows but couldn't see anything on it. 

Imo if he isn't on a yellow already then he's getting one for that challenge. 

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Must be a shocker when you look at the highlights and see it's a stonewaller then eh? 

Yes Stonewall good tackle  I had the best view in the house  no penalty but as I said you give the ref a decision to make if you go to ground in the penalty area. Also had a great view of the dive, didnt even execute it very well.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

To be honest, if he’s clattered right through the man, nowhere near the ball, that would be a stonewaller. Having seen it back, it’s a definite penalty but that’s different to being a stonewaller. For me, a stonewaller is one that nobody can dispute at the game and is clear for everyone to see. Not one that you need to see again.

The defender definitely looks like he gets the man before the ball. However, it’s one officials quite often don’t give, as they’re unsure whether the defender catches the man before the ball or not and they can’t be giving penalties unless they’re completely sure of the decision. It wasn’t far off being a great challenge. Ethan Ross did very well moving his body a bit, to make sure he got the contact.

Fine analysis there Cal

If it was his first yellow would you still be fuming? 
When he goes to ground there he's either winning the ball. He might miss man and ball in which case Ross is now well inside the box, with a decent goalscoring opperunity with players in the middle, or he fouls the player. Evidently the 3rd happened. 
Obviously the rule changed a couple? Of seasons back so that you don't give out reds for penalty unless you've made no attempt to play the ball, I had a quick look to see if that applied to not giving out second yellows but couldn't see anything on it. 
Imo if he isn't on a yellow already then he's getting one for that challenge. 
Yeah I wouldn't be pleased if he gave a yellow regardless. If that happens in the middle of the park I don't think it's a yellow. The Pars player wasn't going anywhere (which makes it all the more annoying tbh).

If it was the other way around I'd be screaming for a penalty but I wouldn't be calling for a second yellow.

Very poor defending by Ledger - Sir Alex always said that he didn’t want his defenders tackling in their own penalty box.........jockeying, blocking, getting goal side all very important but lunging in like that when there was very limited danger just cancels out all the good defending that the team delivered on Saturday. Dunfermline certainly deserved a point at the very least but we are in such a dogfight that we need wins and gifting penalties from that type of situation just adds to the frustration that all QOS supporters are feeling at present.

4 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Very poor defending by Ledger - Sir Alex always said that he didn’t want his defenders tackling in their own penalty box.........jockeying, blocking, getting goal side all very important but lunging in like that when there was very limited danger just cancels out all the good defending that the team delivered on Saturday. Dunfermline certainly deserved a point at the very least but we are in such a dogfight that we need wins and gifting penalties from that type of situation just adds to the frustration that all QOS supporters are feeling at present.

Maybe a little harsh on the lad. 

As for Dunfermline deserving a draw I am not so sure. A header in the first half and a toe poke just wide in the second is not enough in my book for the home team to deserve anything from the game.

If Queens had managed to defend the goal lead it would have been a thoroughly deserved win.

11 minutes ago, SueSue said:

If Queens had managed to defend the goal lead it would have been a thoroughly deserved win.

A startling insight, if QoTS had conceded less than they had scored they would have won.

47 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Not really what I said. 🤡

you've too much time on your hands

More than some, less than others. 

If Queens had won, on the balance of play it would've been decidedly undeserved. As it was it's pointless speculating about that due to your right back giving away a penalty. 

Hey, if it helps QoTS feel better about there current predicament then keep telling yourself you've been hard done by and you're actually performing o.k.

Maybe a little harsh on the lad. 

As for Dunfermline deserving a draw I am not so sure. A header in the first half and a toe poke just wide in the second is not enough in my book for the home team to deserve anything from the game.

Queens created nothing, other than the goal they scored. You’re genuinely arguing that we didn’t even deserve a draw, because we only created 3 chances (including the pen) in a game where Queens created just 1?

Both teams were poor and a draw was a fair result. Honestly can’t understand any argument that Queens deserved to win, on the balance of play.

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

More than some, less than others. 

If Queens had won, on the balance of play it would've been decidedly undeserved. As it was it's pointless speculating about that due to your right back giving away a penalty. 

Hey, if it helps QoTS feel better about there current predicament then keep telling yourself you've been hard done by and you're actually performing o.k.

Have I said anything about being hard done by? 👅

If it makes you sleep better tonight I agree it was a poor challenge and a deserved penalty. Yes got the ball but only after he had gone through the kids ankle.

Some may disagree with me but IMO it was a penalty.

As for Queens they performed ok enough to get a point at your place on Saturday, which says more about your lot that Queens. 

I in no way feel hard done by in any shape or form.