Dunfermline vs Queen of the South - The Dom Thomas Show

Pars usually do have the go Pro in the net and the fact that it wasn't in the highlights probably says that it wasn't a goal. 

I thought at the time some about half the ball was over but couldn't be convinced that it had entirely crossed the line. haven't seen anything to change my mind in the available footage. 

Both big decisions never had a good camera angle so I don't think anyone can be 100% sure unless there is GoPro footage available. FWIW though, I didn't think it looked even close to being fully over the line. The goalkeeper certainly doesn't appear to make a quick movement to put the ball further in front of him. I think it looks like a penalty for Pars though. Either the defender or the Pars player makes contact with the ball but our man has already hit the boys leg regardless. A camera behind the goal would clear up what he makes contact with first but for me it looks like the player. Part of me is glad that ridiculous kick off was penalised anyway. Every fucking week we just boot the ball into the opposition park from KO. Get it passed around a bit ffs. I thought our goal took a knick off the defender first which maybe caught the GK out.

Nice to see us in the opposition box a few times as well.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Both big decisions never had a good camera angle so I don't think anyone can be 100% sure unless there is GoPro footage available. FWIW though, I didn't think it looked even close to being fully over the line. The goalkeeper certainly doesn't appear to make a quick movement to put the ball further in front of him. I think it looks like a penalty for Pars though. Either the defender or the Pars player makes contact with the ball but our man has already hit the boys leg regardless. A camera behind the goal would clear up what he makes contact with first but for me it looks like the player. Part of me is glad that ridiculous kick off was penalised anyway. Every fucking week we just boot the ball into the opposition park from KO. Get it passed around a bit ffs. I thought our goal took a knick off the defender first which maybe caught the GK out.

Totally agree on both big decisions.

Angles aren't entirely conclusive, but I think there's a very clear indication that it didn't even nearly cross the line.  The stupid bloody tackle for the penalty also clearly upends the attacker before the ball is affected.

Johnston's interview is typically irritating.  He makes out we really deserved the win, but I saw little evidence in those highlights.  He also manages to refer to both Dunfermline and Inverness as 'hard places to go'.  It's just meaningless cliches that give no sense that he sees a way to the necessary improvement. His references to needing a 'rub of the green' are laughable after Tuesday's events.  We're not in this trouble because of bad luck.

Guest Flash
32 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Totally agree on both big decisions.

Angles aren't entirely conclusive, but I think there's a very clear indication that it didn't even nearly cross the line.  The stupid bloody tackle for the penalty also clearly upends the attacker before the ball is affected.

Johnston's interview is typically irritating.  He makes out we really deserved the win, but I saw little evidence in those highlights.  He also manages to refer to both Dunfermline and Inverness as 'hard places to go'.  It's just meaningless cliches that give no sense that he sees a way to the necessary improvement. His references to needing a 'rub of the green' are laughable after Tuesday's events.  We're not in this trouble because of bad luck.

My favourite is “The first goal is massive”. It is like a catchphrase he says every week. Waiting for the next interview with Broon to start with “Nice to see you. To see you nice.”

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

My favourite is “The first goal is massive”. It is like a catchphrase he says every week. Waiting for the next interview with Broon to start with “Nice to see you. To see you nice.”

The difference being that such nonsense made Brucie popular.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I quite agree with your comments re our hoof it tactics from our kick-offs, it really is frustrating to watch this repeated every game. Having said that, even when watching so-called top class games this tactic is often used and I have to say with about as much success as Queens have at it.  A bit of variation would be appreciated though.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Are you drunk?

Not yet, maybe later.

I've watched it again and maybe it is a penalty. He certainly gets a toe on the ball but he may take the leg first. I've already said it was a silly challenge though. It got what it deserved probably.

17 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I was  in line with the penalty decision and it looked like a fair challenge but if the defender goes to ground in that situation they always risk a penalty being given. Can not personally comment on the other issue but the word from those nearer, the ball did not cross the line.  Pity that a penalty took away the clean sheet our defence deserved. Kilday and Semple developing as a good pairing and that is helping Stewart.s confidence as well

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Must be a shocker when you look at the highlights and see it's a stonewaller then eh? 

Its not though is it? Its a marginal call that probably just about is a penalty. You get some, you dont get some. There are several of your own fans on this thread saying they didnt think it was a penalty. It's anything but a 'stonewaller'.

Its not though is it? Its a marginal call that probably just about is a penalty. You get some, you dont get some. There are several of your own fans on this thread saying they didnt think it was a penalty. It's anything but a 'stonewaller'.
It's as stonewall as they come and the fans who didn't think it was were up the opposite end at the time.

Honestly, you can't still be inconclusive on this subject?

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes, yes it is. It's an absolute stonewaller. 

Those fans said it having seen it in real time from the other end of the stadium, since the highlights have went up everyone, outwith you, is in agreement it's a penalty. 

It's not a marginal call, it's not even close. That happens anywhere on the pitch and you wouldn't even think twice, going through a player before you get the ball is always a foul, and usually a yellow. You got lucky that you didn't end up with ten men, that's the debate. 

To be honest, if he’s clattered right through the man, nowhere near the ball, that would be a stonewaller. Having seen it back, it’s a definite penalty but that’s different to being a stonewaller. For me, a stonewaller is one that nobody can dispute at the game and is clear for everyone to see. Not one that you need to see again.

The defender definitely looks like he gets the man before the ball. However, it’s one officials quite often don’t give, as they’re unsure whether the defender catches the man before the ball or not and they can’t be giving penalties unless they’re completely sure of the decision. It wasn’t far off being a great challenge. Ethan Ross did very well moving his body a bit, to make sure he got the contact.