Dunfermline vs Queen of the South - The Dom Thomas Show

Got a horrible feeling that we're not going to see Nisbet for a few weeks yet.  Afolabi is a handful but McGill/ McCann partnering just doesn't provide the quality alongside him.

Not confident of winning any game in this league but will not be happy of we don't win this one.

Got a horrible feeling that we're not going to see Nisbet for a few weeks yet.  Afolabi is a handful but McGill/ McCann partnering just doesn't provide the quality alongside him.
Not confident of winning any game in this league but will not be happy of we don't win this one.
Home win by any amount please

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Isn’t it just because journalists/commentators seem unable to pronounce it correctly. Particularly on live tv?

Anyway this is certainly a spell of games where we need thomas to keep up the good form.  With Dow and nisbet out and ross carrying an injury. This is a game for him tho given his crosses are excellent and that queens can’t defend crosses.  

Even taking into account injuries this is pretty much must win to keep up any outside play-off hopes.   We are fairly likely to flounder along in lower mid-table and a draw would just confirm that.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, Stoo61 said:
I was scared to ask if everyone calling Nisbet, Nesbit were part of the same joke that call Morton, Morten. 

Didnt want to look silly. 

Morten has it's own meaning though.

I dont want to know. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
27 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:
I don't know. 

They got beat 10-2 by Hamilton a few years back.

Well somebody was going to say it, i did however think it would go a bit longer.

Kinda a shame Cowtenbeath never caught on as well,  they have a fair few posters who would bite like f**k to it.

Well somebody was going to say it, i did however think it would go a bit longer.
Kinda a shame Cowtenbeath never caught on as well,  they have a fair few posters who would bite like f**k to it.
Sorry :(

56 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Hooefully we can show more attacking guile and pace than we did at Gayfield. We do look a bit more of a threat at set pieces though and we see what happened last time we played Queens so I'm confident we'll have enough to win this one, especially at home.

Arbroath away is probably the hardest tie to play silky football.

queens at home should be one of the easiest. (Guaranteed shitfest now)

Easy 3-0 win. One of the strikers will score 2. Queens fans will be embarrassed when they realise that we have no fit strikers that had started a game in senior football, before this season. Allan Johnston will go on about how he felt his team looked ok at points and just didn’t get any luck/the break of the ball, despite never competing.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Hooefully we can show more attacking guile and pace than we did at Gayfield. We do look a bit more of a threat at set pieces though and we see what happened last time we played Queens so I'm confident we'll have enough to win this one, especially at home.

Even with Dow and Nosebit out you've given me a bit of hope for this now as we can still do pace and set pieces without them and we've had two clean sheets in a row. 

Easy 3-0 win. One of the strikers will score 2. Queens fans will be embarrassed when they realise that we have no fit strikers that had started a game in senior football, before this season. Allan Johnston will go on about how he felt his team looked ok at points and just didn’t get any luck/the break of the ball, despite never competing.
Your strikers don't give me the fear. Your CBs do.

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
48 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Your strikers don't give me the fear. Your CBs do.

There’s a chance a 16 year old making his debut is playing there. Still might score against your piss poor set piece defending tbf.

Is dobbie still spending most of the game 40 yards out? If so that’s hugely beneficial to us as our midfield are streetwise enough to crowd him out, which is less scary than him targeting a debutante, a half fit defence or the incompetence of josh Edwards. 

There’s a chance a 16 year old making his debut is playing there. Still might score against your piss poor set piece defending tbf.
Is dobbie still spending most of the game 40 yards out? If so that’s hugely beneficial to us as our midfield are streetwise enough to crowd him out, which is less scary than him targeting a debutante, a half fit defence or the incompetence of josh Edwards. 
Aye pretty much. He continues to drop deep looking for the ball because god knows there isn't any chance of our imposters in midfield creating chances for him.

1-0 Pars. Would go for more if Nisbet was playing and I think we have enough to get this one in the bag. Hopefully one of the fringe forward players can step it up. How did afolabi play on Wednesday? I thought he looked really good against United